• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Flash

Looks like the hockey vs nba thread blew up

A lot of those 'tough guy' fans are the same dudes who can't take any shit when it comes their way

lol the second someone calls them out, "gosh, people can't take a joke!" "they take things too seriously!"

NHL-gaf should be ashamed of themselves

also, ninja dropping dat ether

Kobe plays 75 games a year on average for his career on like 35+MPG.

He can definitely be D-Wade levels of effectiveness if he can handle being second fiddle. Basically trade PPG for defense like Wade and play more off the ball. Something like 22 PPG, 3APG, 4 RPG, good efficiency and much more energy dedicated to locking down his man. Get more rest, play like 65 games a year.

But we'll see what happens. It's pretty much what He was supposed to do this year...

He can definitely be D-Wade levels of effectiveness if he can handle being second fiddle. Basically trade PPG for defense like Wade and play more off the ball. Something like 22 PPG, 3APG, 4 RPG, good efficiency and much more energy dedicated to locking down his man. Get more rest, play like 65 games a year.

But we'll see what happens. It's pretty much what He was supposed to do this year...

I don't think 22 PPG with good efficiency and good defense has ever happened for 36 year old guards coming off Achilles injuries.

lol the second someone calls them out, "gosh, people can't take a joke!" "they take things too seriously!"

NHL-gaf should be ashamed of themselves

also, ninja dropping dat ether

lulz they kicked me out of the xbox 360 nhl gaf club because when lebron had cramps I made some comment in THIS thread that was like "those hockey players are bitches that tweeted about him, also that sport is irrelevant" even though I said I liked hockey

one of them was like "if you think it's so irrelevant WHY YU PLAYING"

a few got butthurt and wouldn't play with me again

giri

why stop at 22ppg

fuck it, 32.

in 15 minutes.

on .750 shooting!

But one source close to the situation, echoing the sentiments in last weekend’s Weekend Dime, insisted to ESPN.com this week that Tyrone Corbin will be back next season for the final year of his contract even if the Jazz — filled with free agents and youngsters — fail to reach the postseason.

Fuck

I don't think 22 PPG with good efficiency and good defense has ever happened for 36 year old guards coming off Achilles injuries.

Kobe has been capable of great D his whole career, it's a mental block, not physical.

I'm assuming he completely heals from this injury because--hey, it's Kobe with 2013 medical care.

lol no, he doeant have the energy to play defense and doesnt care to

He doesn't have the energy because he saves it all for his offense. If he significantly cuts down his scoring/attacking then he'll have the energy he needs to play D.

Obviously this all depends on fucks being given.

I'm doubtful of what level Kobe could play in 2014-2015 even without a serious injury. With a serious injury, at 36 years old? I think believing he'll be really ridiculous productive is a bit too far out there.

ISOM

Saddest thing I've read in days. My condolences.

playing defense in the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter in 10 games this season being his defensive qualifications makes the lol no defense thing, legit.

I'm sure its those 10 laker games you have watched this season.

ISOM

I'm doubtful of what level Kobe could play in 2014-2015 even without a serious injury. With a serious injury, at 36 years old? I think believing he'll be really ridiculous productive is a bit too far out there.

People said that about him two years ago, he can easily turn himself into a fadeaway and pg type of player if his body forces him to.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Glen Taylor: We're planning as if [Rick Adelman] will be back next year.

PP: If Adelman decides to step down, do you have a contingency plan in place?

GT: Not yet.

PP: David Kahn's contract expires this summer. Have you thought much about whether you want to retain him as the team's president of basketball operations?

GT: I haven't come to the time to make a decision on that. Let's finish the season first. I want to find out about my coach first. I don't have a time frame to address David's situation. He and I have been talking about the draft and other things as we go into the offseason. At some point, I know I need to make a decision.

The Timberwolves: we know what we're doing.

giri

If that was your sole criterion for watching games, then there is no way you would've watched a single Suns game over the past three seasons.

Yes, criteria for non-fan teams and fan teams are exactly the same.

I'm not a laker fan, i couldn't care less about them, and now they're irrelevant there's not a whole lot of point in watching them play. Particularly with nash marginalised to spot up shooter.

Top Bottom