• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

diehard

Fleer
fun fact: the last 21 games for the Lakers would rank them #1 all time in FTA per game, and i can't seem to find a team that has close to a +12.4 FT Margin.

Jazz are down about 10 FTA per game over the last two weeks than their average.

Guess which teams have the lowest FTA per game over the last 6?

That's right.. Dallas and Utah!

Nori Chan

fun fact: the last 21 games for the Lakers would rank them #1 all time in FTA per game, and i can't seem to find a team that has close to a +12.4 FT Margin.

wah wah wah I want gtyme to get swept and shoot airballs in the playoffs wah wah wah

Are you arguing there's never been a 21 game stretch like that before or you just don't know how averages work?

Also, Utah has played some of the least fouling teams over the last 2 weeks and have won quite a few pretty easily. Lakers, on the other hand, are in close game after close game.

Emwitus

Are you arguing there's never been a 21 game stretch like that before or you just don't know how averages work?

Also, Utah has played some of the least fouling teams over the last 2 weeks and have won quite a few pretty easily. Lakers, on the other hand, are in close game after close game.

Hey mamba, what happens to our deal now that kobe is out for next season? lol :(

Dang, laker games are never going to be the same. As much as i love trolling old snake, the lakers just aren't the same without him. Say what you want about his shot selection, but as a person who plays basketball, nothing makes me geez like a kobe fadeaway from the corner.

Emwitus

yeah, it's kind of borked. Whatever you want to do is fine. Maybe your av for a month or something.

Neat. Man, but kobe is still my fav player of all time. I've never like his shot selection but to me his skill is unmatched. Feels awful man. This whole week has been a chore. Is nash ever coming back?

thekad

Banned

What a coincidence.

Hey did you know the last day of the regular season has both the Jazz game and Lakers game on national tv.

What a coincidence.

http://nba.si.com/2013/04/12/tim-gr...jordan-kobe-bryant-lebron-james-kevin-durant/

SI.com: When videotape leaked of Rutgers coach Mike Rice abusing his players, some people responded by saying that Michael Jordan’s treatment of Kwame Brown in Washington wasn’t all that different. Jordan’s competitiveness in practice was legendary. What did you make of Rice’s actions and did you make the comparison to Jordan?

Grover: With Mike [Rice], he lost control. A Cleaner never loses control. Michael [Jordan] never lost control, that’s the big difference. He was just trying to get the best out of Kwame Brown and the rest of the players that he was with by trying to convey the message of how he did it and trying to instill it in those guys. In Relentless, we also talk about the ’6-foot-9 rule,’ where if you have a player or an individual over 6-foot-9 they don’t respond very well to that “in your face” kind of thing. It’s more of a positive reinforcement, a good job, a pat on the back.

Michael never — well, I won’t say never — a majority of the time never physically went after anybody. There was a confrontation he had with Steve Kerr in practice but that brought Steve even closer to Michael and Michael decided to trust him because he knew he wasn’t backing down from him.

oh Tim you so scared

Vire

Well, with the Bucks losing and Celts winning, it's over.

Heat vs. Bucks confirmed.

Going to be an excittttting matchup guys!

diehard

Fleer

my brain .. it hurts.

Emwitus

What a coincidence.

Hey did you know the last day of the regular season has both the Jazz game and Lakers game on national tv.

What a coincidence.

d-wade-tantrum.gif

dude, I'm fucking terrified now

we have to play contract-series monta?

if he got it all we about to see it

what if he pulls a jerome james and dominates us :(

mhi

So where ta fuck is Nash ? Wasn't he the one talking to Howard, out of the side of his mouth about playing through injuries, earlier in the season ? Kobe played till the wheels fell off.

If Howard wants 48mins these last two games then I'll gain a little respect for him (don't forgot he has a torn lebrum to go with his bad back).

In terms of ROI, Nash has been one of the worst pickups for them in recent memory, especially considering his age and the price they paid (2013 1st round draft pick, a 2013 2nd round draft pick, a 2014 2nd round draft pick and a 2015 1st round draft pick).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So where ta fuck is Nash ? Wasn't he the one talking to Howard, out of the side of his mouth about playing through injuries, earlier in the season ? Kobe played till the wheels fell off.

If Howard wants 48mins these last two games then I'll gain a little respect for him (don't forgot he has a torn lebrum to go with his bad back).

In terms of ROI, Nash has been one of the worst pickups for them in recent memory, especially considering his age and the price they paid (2013 1st round draft pick, a 2013 2nd round draft pick, a 2014 2nd round draft pick and a 2015 1st round draft pick).

Its not Nash's fault he never gets to run the offense

Emwitus

Its not Nash's fault he never gets to run the offense

They pretty much run the offense through nash for a good while when he came back. The defense wouldn't collapse on him, he would run into dwight literally in the post, couldn't pass into the post man without creating a turn over, and physical teams like miami would wear him down by picking him up full court and taking advantage of him on offense. Most of this is not because nash sucks, but because the make up of this team is not suited to nash's style of play. It's almost impossible to have nash running around for 20 seconds and create something when LA always had someone in the post. D'antoni's system isnt suited for post play and hence nash's game. Terrible front office decision to sign dantoni in hindsight. A player like nash in a phil jackson modified offense would be amazing. He knew his xs and os.

Top Bottom