• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

pilonv1

i always wonder why kobe starts tweeting at like 4am, like this dude is having an existential crisis in the middle of the night or something.

then i realize it's 1am over there lol.

Kobe is always staying up because that's usually evening time in Australia and he's skypeing Stephanie Rice

cacophony

How does that work? Like scheduled naps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep

Kobe's probably on that uberhuman shit lol

uberman1.png

I think we probably have the dumbest beat writer in the NBA. Dy do you know of anyone else that covers the Bobcats other than that retard (actually being nice here) Bonnell?

'09 Cleveland is 12th (was 11th prior). Not sure why you focus so much on this. OKC reminds me of that '09 team. Plays super hard every night while the rest of the NBA takes games off.

SRS has been proven to not be so great at this (especially compared to other rankings). Yes, the all-time great teams will be at the top of the list, but this should be fairly obvious why. The problem is once you get past those teams and it's why you have some clunkers in there.

Should also be noted KD and YNB have not missed a game in forever. And Ibaka doesn't miss games, either. Their team plays hard AND doesn't get hurt (at least the players that matter). That's what is driving this. If Miami wanted to put up a 10+ SRS they could have.

Well, I've only brought it up twice ever and I've only brought it up both times not because they lead the league in it but because of the level of historic dominance their SRS implied which surprised me.

It's just weird to see a team blow out teams at a historic rate and for that team to have seemingly little support to win the title.

Vestal

Well, I've only brought it up twice ever and I've only brought it up both times not because they lead the league in it but because of the level of historic dominance their SRS implied which surprised me.

It's just weird to see a team blow out teams at a historic rate and for that team to have seemingly little support to win the title.

Its simple, they are the exact same team as last year minus Harden. While the team that beat them 4-1 in the finals added Ray Allen and Chris Anderson, went on a 28 game win streak, has the best record in the league, its best player is winning MVP again in a land slide playing the best basketball of his career, they are a lot healthier, and has beaten OKC 6 straight time if you count the finals.

PBY

Banned
Its simple, they are the exact same team as last year minus Harden. While the team that beat them 4-1 in the finals added Ray Allen and Chris Anderson, went on a 28 game win streak, has the best record in the league, its best player is winning MVP again in a land slide playing the best basketball of his career, they are a lot healthier, and has beaten OKC 6 straight time if you count the finals.

Hollinger's formula has OKC as the favorite; I don't agree, but they still scare me

Vestal

Hollinger's formula has OKC as the favorite; I don't agree, but they still scare me

Its just a formula.. All you need to do is look at how the teams play and see who is playing better. Maimi has been on a tear, and unless there is a major injury I don't see ANYONE beating them 4 out of 7.. The only team I saw who could put up a decent fight was a healthy SA team, but looking at their injuries they may need a miracle to get out of the west.

Against MJ. Stern must have taken a lot of verbal abuse from him during his playing days.

I think they made amends at the DNC in Charlotte last year. I hope at least.

Also I think the combine measurements could save this draft. I'm praying that Bennett has grown since his listed measurements were taken two years ago. If he's a legit 6'8 or 6'9 in shoes with the wingspan to match I will be pumped.

don't we always get optimistic shit at the combine though

like when jordan farmar had a 42 inch vert or something

i imagine we'll learn that trey burke is actually 6'2" in shoes

PBY

Banned
Its just a formula.. All you need to do is look at how the teams play and see who is playing better. Maimi has been on a tear, and unless there is a major injury I don't see ANYONE beating them 4 out of 7.. The only team I saw who could put up a decent fight was a healthy SA team, but looking at their injuries they may need a miracle to get out of the west.

I don't disagree- but I'm always wary of trusting my eyes if there are numbers that don't support my position.

don't we always get optimistic shit at the combine though

Harrison Barnes being the most explosive athlete at the combine despite playing basketball like he had a stick up his ass at UNC.

Right now I'm sure Shabazz is doing nothing but box jumps and squats until the combine. I'd be shocked if he doesn't show a 40 inch vert.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...ty-thunder-no-chance-scoring-title-coach-says

The dramatic storyline is there, but the scoring title tale won't have a happy ending for Kevin Durant, according to his coach.

Durant needs 70 points against the Milwaukee Bucks in the season finale to stretch his run of scoring titles to four seasons.

"He has no shot," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said, according to the Oklahoman. "I guarantee you he won't get it."

KD is going to get Brooks ass shipped out

T-Rob is listed at 6'10

Guys always get bumped up a bit at the combine, Bennett is simply undersized...

Could change tho who knows, Olynyk grew like 2 inches from Soph to Jr year.

T-Rob is listed at 6'10

Guys always get bumped up a bit at the combine, Bennett is simply undersized...

Could change tho who knows, Olynyk grew like 2 inches from Soph to Jr year.

Their with shoes heights get bumped up, but they do without shoes measurements as well. Those are the ones to pay attention to. And yeah people do grow after they hit 18, Paul George is another good example.

Zeller grew an inch from fresh to sophmore year also.

Paul, Dwight, and Smith in Atlanta probably wins 55 games in the East.

Clips are kind of maxed out and I don't see them making a WCF with that team.

PBY

Banned
Love Lakersground- they've come up with a plan for the Lake's future!

Pau Gasol to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, fillers and most importantly,
the 10th pick of the draft plus salary relief. Use the 10th pick of the draft to get 6'10 point guard/ small forward Giannis Adetokunbo (poor man's Durant/ Nicolas Batum) or gamble on Archie Goodwin.

Steve Nash to Toronto for Amir Johnson and Terrence Ross and 2nd round pick.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=151258&start=8450

The only teams that are decent with the space to sign Paul are the Rockets, Hawks, and Jazz. I don't think any of those teams would be better than the Clippers are now though.

Edit: that trade scenario had very little thought put into it. You have to match salaries, meaning the "filler" would have to be a highly paid player. A sign and trade of Pekovic, Roy, and Ridnour would work but I very much doubt the Wolves would go for that.

Paul George grew 1.5 inches last year.
Zeller grew an inch from fresh to sophmore year also.

Paul, Dwight, and Smith in Atlanta probably wins 55 games in the East.
Dwight and Smith on the same team would be hilarious.

"Gee, which guy do I foul in the waning seconds?" If Atlanta is smart they go hard for Dwight or Paul and sell Smith on playing with either. There's no way he's getting max money, Atlanta should let him walk.

Paul George grew 1.5 inches last year.

Dwight and Smith on the same team would be hilarious.

"Gee, which guy do I foul in the waning seconds?" If Atlanta is smart they go hard for Dwight or Paul and sell Smith on playing with either. There's no way he's getting max money, Atlanta should let him walk.

Ideally games wouldn't be close enough for it to matter with Smith/Dwight defending the inside and Paul dishing out to Kyle Korver and Anthony Morrow.

i'm surprised kentavious caldwell-pope isn't getting more hype

he's was on a trash georgia team but there's a good chance he'll be better than mclemore in the NBA

The Clippers ran off to a 93-77 victory over the Trail Blazers for their 55th victory this season, joining the Thunder (60 wins), Spurs (58), Nuggets (56) and Grizzlies (55) as the fifth Western Conference team with at least 55 wins this season. It's only the third time in NBA history that there have been five 55-win teams in one conference in the same season. There were five in the West in 1997-98 and again in 2007-08; the East has never had five such teams in the same season.

Leastern Conference indeed.

effzee

Rasheed Wallace retired.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 19m
Knicks just announced that Rasheed Wallace has retired.

Sucks I have to be on the road both on Saturday and Sunday. I want to watch most of the games.

SUPREME1

Banned
Love Lakersground- they've come up with a plan for the Lake's future!

Pau Gasol to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, fillers and most importantly,
the 10th pick of the draft plus salary relief. Use the 10th pick of the draft to get 6'10 point guard/ small forward Giannis Adetokunbo (poor man's Durant/ Nicolas Batum) or gamble on Archie Goodwin.

Steve Nash to Toronto for Amir Johnson and Terrence Ross and 2nd round pick.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=151258&start=8450

It is written.

Rasheed Wallace retired.

Sucks I have to be on the road both on Saturday and Sunday. I want to watch most of the games.

sigh. he should have done this shit earlier in the season when we had time to get someone to replace him

knicks have now signed earl barron

Top Bottom