• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

BMTWznp.jpg

Emwitus

What do you guys think about having Mike brown back as a defensive assistant? Good/bad move? bad pr? Would mike brown work under d'antoni? Lakers are already paying him top dollar....thoughts/

PBY

Banned
What do you guys think about having Mike brown back as a defensive assistant? Good/bad move? bad pr? Would mike brown work under d'antoni? Lakers are already paying him top dollar....thoughts/
Lol why would Mike Brown want to come back to that mess?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Pau Gasol to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, fillers and most importantly,
the 10th pick of the draft plus salary relief.

This draft sucks and Williams needs to go, but still no.

Just deal our pick for Jared Dudley. Give Phoenix three lottery picks.

Wallace played in 21 games this season with the Knicks but missed most of the season with a stress fracture in his right foot.

Wallace returned to the floor Monday against the Charlotte Bobcats for the first time since Dec. 13 but played just four minutes because of foot soreness. The Knicks had hoped to have Wallace, 38, back for the playoffs.

"Rasheed has given this team everything he had," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said in a statement provided by the team. "He is a winner, true professional and leader on and off the court. Due to his injury, he will not be available to play for us during the playoffs."

A first-round draft pick in 1995, Wallace played 15 seasons in the NBA and won a title with the Detroit Pistons in 2004. He retired in 2010 after one season with the Celtics in which the team lost to the Lakers in the Finals. Wallace came out of retirement to sign with the Knicks in October.

He finishes his career with averages of 14.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. The four-time All-Star has been known as a volatile player and finishes as the all-time leader in technical fouls with 304.
awww... I'll miss you Sheed. :(
Wallace's retirement opened up a roster spot for the Knicks, who announced Wednesday afternoon that they signed center Earl Barron to fill that opening.

The 7-foot Barron averaged 3.7 points in 17 games for the Washington Wizards this season before being waived in late December. The six-year veteran played in seven games for the Knicks at the end of the 2009-10 season.
Holy shit we got Earl Barron back??

YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
We could of had Birdman and Kenyon.

Hey we got Kenyon who looks like the better player. Tyson, Kenyon, and Camby .... Barron and Amare in the wings we're good though this chaos is old knicks. In Grunwald I trust plus possibly the silver lining in this is maybe barron gets added to one of those off season grunwald trade specials for somebody decent.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tim Grover says Jordan was poisoned. He didn't have the flu:

We were in Park City, Utah, up in a hotel. Room service stopped at like nine o'clock. He got hungry and we really couldn't find any other place to eat. So we said eh, the only thing I can find is a pizza place. So we says all right, order pizza.

Five guys came to deliver this pizza.

I take the pizza and I tell them: "I've got a bad feeling about this. ... I've just got a bad feeling about this."

Out of everybody in the room, [MJ] was the only one who ate. Nobody else had it.

Immediately I told him it's food poisoning.

Not the flu.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/56853/truehoop-tv-mjs-trainer-on-mj

o_O

Great job, Jazz fans. Not just morally corrupt, but criminals, at that.

diehard

Fleer
Sacramento and Utah. Smh.

Utah makes fun of kids with cancer so it's no surprise they'd poison an athlete just to win a game.

Laker fans on this board have said worse.

Stupid stories.. and how would you have the instant know-how and food poisoning knowledge/application in the time it takes to deliver a pizza?

charsace

Rasheed will be involved with the Knicks still. Dolan will find something for him. Baron Davis designs clothing for the Knicks or something like that. The Knicks will find something for Rasheed. Maybe they will make him a coach or have him assist Houston or something like that.

reilo

Stupid stories.. and how would you have the instant know-how and food poisoning knowledge/application in the time it takes to deliver a pizza?

Probably because the flu doesn't just happen hours or a day before a game? Surely Jordan would've shown signs of being sick ahead of time.

All you have to do is use some expired/undercooked ingredients to get the desired result. It's not 100% guaranteed to work, but it's hardly something that would take a lot of planning.

masud

Banned
Rasheed will be involved with the Knicks still. Dolan will find something for him. Baron Davis designs clothing for the Knicks or something like that. The Knicks will find something for Rasheed. Maybe they will make him a coach or have him assist Houston or something like that.

Dolan's Knicks really are run like a crime syndicate. You can never truly leave.

reilo

That seems super plausible. Food poisoning hits you out of no where. Ive been through that. Flu takes some time to get going.

Yeah. I've had dinner at 7pm and food poisoning at 9-10pm and violent vomiting at 11pm.

Jeff-DSA

Jordan didn't play with food poisoning. You can't play sports with food poisoning. You can with the flu. You can suppress flu symptoms with medication. That's possible. If you have food poisoning, you're throwing up uncontrollably for a day or two, and there's no medicine that will help out. At all.

I would rather have the flu any day, because at least the throwing up stops from time to time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jordan didn't play with food poisoning. You can't play sports with food poisoning. You can with the flu. You can suppress flu symptoms with medication. That's possible. If you have food poisoning, you're throwing up uncontrollably for a day or two, and there's no medicine that will help out. At all.

I would rather have the flu any day, because at least the throwing up stops from time to time.

It wasn't like he was playing 30 minutes after getting food poisoning.

Does this mean that Utah sabotaged Kobe too?

Scum.

Jeff-DSA

Wait, so when they ordered the pizza did they call up and say, "we need to order a pizza. It's for Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls. We'd like a pepperoni and olive pizza with no poison. Please bring it to our room, but don't do anything funny."

I call foul that the delivery place knew who they were delivering to.

Wait, so when they ordered the pizza did they call up and say, "we need to order a pizza. It's for Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls. We'd like a pepperoni and olive pizza with no poison. Please bring it to our room, but don't do anything funny."

I call foul that the delivery place knew who they were delivering to.

5 guys delivered the pizza. I've never heard of that. Sounds like they all wanted to see MJ, which means they knew.

So you're saying Grover is lying?

Top Bottom