• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

... geez.

eh, kind of a cheeseball stat. The Wiz were relevant in the Gil Era as a playoff team, so we're definitely not approaching Clips levels of awful in terms of length of time without success.

If NeNe can prove he's not a bum and stay healthy the Wizards could end that streak next year

Eh, 50 wins is pretty unnecessary in the East. I'd be happy with anything better than an 8 seed (to play a playoff series that's actually winnable) next year.

I'm looking forward to next year though. Wall and Beal should be working out together (Beal learning how to handle the ball, Wall shooting) and I know Wall is going to be working with Gary Payton.

Tons of hype for draft combine. Just about zero hype for NBA playoffs tho :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
She once thanked me for helping keep the orchestra together because I have very rhythmic body motions. BOOM.

If that isn't the biggest friendzoned comment I've ever read, then I don't know what is.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
gawyz, seriously...why is Spo living in a hotel?

Why won't Pat buy him a crib? Is he still living in Chicago or something?

Pop said:
“It’s more than days,” Popovich said. “It’s more like weeks, unfortunately."

“It could (stretch into the playoffs),” Popovich said. “We don’t know how his leg is going to react. We’re doing everything we can.”

season over

yaaaay

We didn't really have a chance anyway but I'd at least hoped we'd go deep. This is at least a little less painful than getting Crawford'ed again

I'm Facebook friends with a girl who won the swimsuit competition stage in the Miss America pageant. We knew each other well enough at one time, but I haven't had much contact outside of Facebook for a few years.

Does that count?

Yes it does!

And Reilo it totally was a friend zone thing but you'd be surprised by how fucking weird people can be in music

Eh, 50 wins is pretty unnecessary in the East. I'd be happy with anything better than an 8 seed (to play a playoff series that's actually winnable) next year.

I'm looking forward to next year though. Wall and Beal should be working out together (Beal learning how to handle the ball, Wall shooting) and I know Wall is going to be working with Gary Payton.

Tons of hype for draft combine. Just about zero hype for NBA playoffs tho :(

I'm excited about the combine too. I really hope some of the mid tier guys like Olynyk, Goodwin, Mitchell, Withey, etc. can stand out. If Bennett, McLemore, and Smart measure out taller/longer I will feel a lot better about drafting any of them, especially Bennett.

Edit: Bennett's listed measurements are from two years ago. There's reason to believe/hope he's grown a bit since then.

g4Qv5yM.png
8dxcMZF.png
g4bDGwU.png

DY, pick your poison.

(courtesy of Toppot)

I'm excited about the combine too. I really hope some of the mid tier guys like Olynyk, Goodwin, Mitchell, Withey, etc. can stand out. If Bennett, McLemore, and Smart measure out taller/longer I will feel a lot better about drafting any of them, especially Bennett.

lol that kid is going to end up in Europe

Wouldn't be surprised if Olynyk doesn't even pick up a ball between now and the combine. All kid has to do is add weight/strength. I expect him to come in 10 pounds heavier than he did at seasons end.

Mclemore is a terrifying prospect. His tournament play was just...damn.

KingGondo

Banned
I've seen this story countless times.

Manu will come back earlier than he ought to (like Tony has) and will be gimped the rest of the way.

Vegeta was my favorite character in DBZ too ;_;
Looking almost likely that we'll take the 1 seed now. Probably a loss tonight at the Grizz, followed by a Thursday trip to OKC coming off a b2b, with OKC coming off 3 days' rest.

If we draw Utah and the Clips for the first two rounds and get HCA against the Spurs I'll be a damn happy Gondo.

Looking almost likely that we'll take the 1 seed now. Probably a loss tonight at the Grizz, followed by a Thursday trip to OKC coming off a b2b, with OKC coming off 3 days' rest.

If we draw Utah and the Clips for the first two rounds and get HCA against the Spurs I'll be a damn happy Gondo.

Yeah, you guys will probably get it

We have @MEM (b2b), @OKC (b2b), @DEN, and @GSW (b2b) left on our schedule. Even if we manage to win one of those, we're still a loss back, and I doubt OKC will lose many more down the stretch.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
We discussed this already, it was the foul in the first quarter, and nobody was pissed.

Can I make another obscure Coheed post depicting the league's decision to appease their all mighty savior Chrysler LeBaron James as they sweep up his delicious tears?

Yeah, you guys will probably get it

We have @MEM (b2b), @OKC (b2b), @DEN, and @GSW (b2b) left on our schedule. Even if we manage to win one of those, we're still a loss back, and I doubt OKC will lose many more down the stretch.

Sidenote on this: Pop is sitting Duncan and Kawhi (but not Parker?! wtf) tonight @MEM

So mark that as another L.

lol that kid is going to end up in Europe

Wouldn't be surprised if Olynyk doesn't even pick up a ball between now and the combine. All kid has to do is add weight/strength. I expect him to come in 10 pounds heavier than he did at seasons end.

Mclemore is a terrifying prospect. His tournament play was just...damn.

McLemore terrifies me too. A guy who shoots the rock as.well as.he does and is a good athlete as well shouldn't disappear for games at a time like he does. Plus there's the Bill Self effect, he makes average prospects like like lottery picks on the regular.

I'm also not sure how we managed to get 3 full days off before our Thursday game against you guys. I can't remember that happening at any point this season.

Our @MIA game was the same. Tail-end of a 4 in 5 nights (all on the road). MIA had like 5 days rest too. Pop sat the stars (and Danny Green!) in protest, and got fined.

Spo did the same thing last night and didn't lose a dime.

Now OKC faces us on a b2b with 3 days rest...

Stern doesn't even try to hide it anymore. Hes peacing out next year and he has no more fucks to give.

McLemore terrifies me too. A guy who shoots the rock as.well as.he does and is a good athlete as well shouldn't disappear for games at a time like he does. Plus there's the Bill Self effect, he makes average prospects like like lottery picks on the regular.

Bill Self is the anti-Howland.

How is Kemba is as a passer? Because McLemore is going to need the ball gifted to him in good scoring positions to not look GOAT bad.

Before Wall got there I was thinking wemadeaterriblemistake.gif

While I'm really upset about the Clippers doing so poorly lately... it would be pretty fitting for them to get their 50th win and clinch their first division title on April Fool's Day.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
The NBA has no plans to discipline the Miami Heat after three starters missed last night's game in San Antonio, source tells @CBSSports.

What a joke.

Bill Self is the anti-Howland.

How is Kemba is as a passer? Because McLemore is going to need the ball gifted to him in good scoring positions to not look GOAT bad.

Before Wall got there I was thinking wemadeaterriblemistake.gif

Kemba is good in drive and kick situations, he isn't so great at setting up shooters in spots where they hit at a good percentage. In general though we're the anti-Spurs when it comes to spacing and ball movement so it's hard to get a good read on Kemba's passing ability. It's not like he has a shooter to get the ball to either, outside of Gordon. We do a good job setting screens though, especially Bismack. It's just a damn shame his hands suck so much because our offense would be soooo much better if he could catch and convert in traffic. In general though our roster badly needs an upgrade in skill, passing and shooting specifically.

Westlo

Our @MIA game was the same. Tail-end of a 4 in 5 nights (all on the road). MIA had like 5 days rest too. Pop sat the stars (and Danny Green!) in protest, and got fined.

Spo did the same thing last night and didn't lose a dime.

They were injured man, sure they tackled the team after the game but that was just them trying to get through pain, something D.Rose and Bynum can't do.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

In 2004, Odom founded Cathy's Kids, named after his mother who the NBA forward says died from cancer. But eight years of tax records reveal that Cathy's Kids never gave any grant money to cancer-related causes and that the charity primarily existed to finance two elite youth basketball travel teams. Of the $2.2 million raised by the charity, at least 60 percent -- $1.3 million -- went to those AAU teams.

The only paid executive was Jerry DeGregorio, now an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors. He was Odom's high school coach and best man in his wedding to reality TV star Khloe Kardashian. As secretary of Cathy's Kids from 2004 through 2011, DeGregorio made a median annual salary of about $72,000, while the charity operated at a loss since its inception. Its 2011 tax returns show it $256,000 in debt, mostly stemming from a loan Odom made to the charity, according to his business manager Lester Knispel, also the charity's treasurer.

This is honestly disgusting. Named his charity after his mother who died from cancer - doesn't give a dime of money he stole.

Top Bottom