• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Branduil

When no one from Cathy's Kids would agree to an interview, "Outside the Lines" approached Odom in the locker room after a game to ask questions about his charity. Odom did not answer any specific questions about the charity's spending, wasn't able to explain why his agent and business manager said the charity had been dormant and became visibly upset and ended the conversation. More than a month later, his agent arranged a sit-down interview with Odom in Los Angeles, but Odom still didn't answer questions, saying he just wanted to apologize for the locker-room scene.

When pressed for details about some of the expenses, including DeGregorio's salary, listed on the IRS forms, Odom repeatedly responded by saying, "It's my money," and refusing to explain any further.

I want to believe that some slimeball was taking advantage of Lamar or something and didn't tell him where the money was all going, but still you have to be aware of something you attach your name to. If Lamar really did know that none of the money for a cancer charity named after his mother was really going to help cancer patients, he's a sleazeball of the highest order and deserves to be called out for it.

This is honestly disgusting. Named his charity after his mother who died from cancer - doesn't give a dime of money he stole.

I think it's more an issue of the guy just being pretty bad at managing money. He doesn't seem like the brightest person in the world. Regardless, I can't wait for the Clippers to be free of him.

thekad

Banned
LMA is out against the Jazz tonight. Everyone but the refs are conspiring against the Lakers, including the Lakers.

A lot of people make big bucks scamming donation money as a fake charity, shit is rampant. A lot of the big, independent churches are in on it too.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Manu isn't that hurt.

Pop is just overprotective

It's a nice excuse to rest Manu without the NBA fining the team $250,000.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What's the point of fining the Heat after all the money they spent bribing their way to the top?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Fact I wasn't aware of: the Clippers started the season with a 32-9 record, but are 17-16 since then with a 2-8 record against western playoff teams.

What's the point of fining the Heat after all the money they spent bribing their way to the top?

riley-shhh.jpg

Colluded from the bottom now we here

Colluded from the bottom now my whole team fuckin here

Jeff-DSA

Fact I wasn't aware of: the Clippers started the season with a 32-9 record, but are 17-16 since then with a 2-8 record against western playoff teams.

2 of their wins against the Jazz were straight up stolen by cheesy flops. It's easy to hate that team.

exarkun

Does Manu even matter all that much anymore? He's been in and out of the lineup the last two seasons, his ass is REALLY old for his position, what do Spurs fans expect? Yea hes nice off the bench, but he hasn't been 6th man material since 2010. He gets burned on defense pretty often nowadays.

Duncan seems to be Malone-like, Parker is fine, Kawhi is getting better every game, they have Pop and a bunch of nice role players. Just re-up Manu for league minimum (if the Spurs want to be nice), and spend on some nice 6th man/wing player. Gotdamn, Manu is all my Spurs friends ever complain about.

If Archie Goodwin is still in the NBA in 2016, I will be surprised. No touch or BBIQ at all and it's kind of hard to be a guard without either.

Disappointed that WCS is staying, but that's probably a good long-term move. He'll start next year and needed to improve his conditioning so his stock will probably go up and he'll be more prepared for the NBA. This year's draft gets weaker though :(

Jazz will draft Bennett and love it

If Bennett falls to 13-15, then yeah, we should take him and that would be good. Millsap's the only PF on the roster right now and he could easily go to the Rockets in the offseason so it wouldn't be that redundant.

I doubt Bennett falls that far though.

diehard

Fleer
I don't talk about draft picks after wanting Evan Turner so badly over Hayward, and Derrick Williams so bad over Kanter.

The only reason your team is what it is is because of Stern's "Basketball Reasons." That's kinda lame, brodude.

You mean the steward of the Hornets negated a trade that would have been horrible for the Hornets? Yeah that's pretty shady. Sure in retrospect, getting Eric Gordon wasn't a ton better, but at the time, it seemed like a much better trade for the Hornets.

Both of those trades are so horrible in retrospect:

Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, and Pau Gasol for CP3

Or

Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers, AF Aminu, Kaman for CP3

Compared to:

Harkless and Vucevic for Dwight
Favors and Kanter for Deron
Gallinari, Chandler, Felton (moved for Andre Miller) for Melo

Those ended up decent to good...The CP3 trade did not at all unless Gordon stops playing terrible and becomes healthy as well next year.

Both of those trades are so horrible in retrospect:

Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, and Pau Gasol for CP3

Or

Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers, AF Aminu, Kaman for CP3

Compared to:

Harkless and Vucevic for Dwight
Favors and Kanter for Deron
Gallinari, Chandler, Felton (moved for Andre Miller) for Melo

Those ended up decent to good...The CP3 trade did not at all unless Gordon stops playing terrible and becomes healthy as well next year.

to be fair the CP3 trade did make them horrible enough to get Davis

thekad

Banned
And that is a really positive thing so I guess it didn't end that horribly, but the direct pieces they got and could have gotten are just so bad for a player of CP3's caliber.
It is sort of a direct piece though both for Stern Reasons and the Lakers package definitely wouldn't have put them in position to get the #1 pick.

Top Bottom