• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Vestal

I hate this trend of PFs jacking up long jumpers and threes. Players like Dirk can do such a thing because of their shooting touch. But to see Bosh and Amare jacking up long jumpers/threes is stupid. Those guys need to learn how to play in the paint. You can add Josh Smith and other players to that list too.

Have you even seen Bosh play all these years? His 17-18 footer is MONEY. He makes his paycheck with that shot all day long.

Have you even seen Bosh play all these years? His 17-18 footer is MONEY. He makes his paycheck with that shot all day long.

The last couple of times I've seen Bosh play he is jacking up threes. I hate that. Yes, his jumper is good, but when he played for Toronto he would at least attempt to post up and play in the paint some. Now he is a shooting guard without the rebounding skills.

h3ro

i hope this is like olympics melo and he hits like 15 three pointers :p

iVYw9lZywhQVT.gif

Anytime you can ignore your wide open, hot shooting small forward waiting on the wings, and hoist up an off balance jumper, you gotta do it

I hate this trend of PFs jacking up long jumpers and threes. Players like Dirk can do such a thing because of their shooting touch. But to see Bosh and Amare jacking up long jumpers/threes is stupid. Those guys need to learn how to play in the paint. You can add Josh Smith and other players to that list too.

Bosh is just about the best midrange shooter in the NBA.

And PFs hitting jumpers really helps spacing offensively and allows the pick-and-roll to work.

It's not like it's that new of a trend either, Malone and Barkley shot a lot of jumpers.

Not sure how Bosh playing in the paint will help a team with LeBron and Wade since both of those guys are constantly trying to attack the paint.

Vire

Lol Mike Miller 5/6, insane that a player as good as him has hardly even played all year.

Dat bench.

Wonder if Spo will finally give him more minutes out there

Knicks just over switching constantly into bad matchups. Mike Miller isn't going to post up, it's jumper or drive-kick with him. C'mon Woodson, adjust.

Knicks don't have a good matchup for him when they go small.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Lol Mike Miller 5/6, insane that a player as good as him has hardly even played all year.

Dat bench.

Wonder if Spo will finally give him more minutes out there

Isn't he just a crippled form of his former self though? Or did he (to continue the dbz theme) get his back fixed with a senzu bean? :p

Bosh is just about the best midrange shooter in the NBA.

And PFs hitting jumpers really helps spacing offensively and allows the pick-and-roll to work.

It's not like it's that new of a trend either, Malone and Barkley shot a lot of jumpers.

Not sure how Bosh playing in the paint will help a team with LeBron and Wade since both of those guys are constantly trying to attack the paint.

How often did Barkley and Malone attempt three pointers? How good were they at rebounding? I think that the primary purpose of a PF is to rebound, play in the post, and to step out and hit mid range jumpers when he's open. Bosh and Amare are awful rebounders, for example. That's not a PF to me.

Top Bottom