• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

rando14

How often did Barkley and Malone attempt three pointers? How good were they at rebounding? I think that the primary purpose of a PF is to rebound, play in the post, and to step out and hit mid range jumpers when he's open. Bosh and Amare are awful rebounders, for example. That's not a PF to me.

I wouldn't call them awful, they're both career 9 rpg players.

How often did Barkley and Malone attempt three pointers? How good were they at rebounding? I think that the primary purpose of a PF is to rebound, play in the post, and to step out and hit mid range jumpers when he's open. Bosh and Amare are awful rebounders, for example. That's not a PF to me.

It's the system. If he was elsewhere he'd be given the ball on the block a lot more often

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The difference being the Wizz don't get one of the best records annually and then flop in the playoffs. That title has been won by the Spurs the last few years.

You could say that about the Cavs from 06-10
Bulls the last few years
and
Mavs

It's the system. If he was elsewhere he'd be given the ball on the block a lot more often

In Bosh's case, you're right, it is the system. But this is a trend in the NBA right now. Every PF and even some Cs think that they're Ray Allen. I bet it drives coaches crazy.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Yeah.

Until last year, Wade and LBJ were sporadic at best from 20ft out. Bosh stretching the floor was necessary for them to create better looks for everyone else inside.

effzee

Mike Miller always looks like he is about to fall apart yet when he is on he one deadly shooter.

I also enjoyed Ray Allen trying to play point and re living his younger days trying to go all fancy at the rim.

Why don't they post up Bosh more?

Emwitus

Bosh is just about the best midrange shooter in the NBA.

And PFs hitting jumpers really helps spacing offensively and allows the pick-and-roll to work.

It's not like it's that new of a trend either, Malone and Barkley shot a lot of jumpers.

Not sure how Bosh playing in the paint will help a team with LeBron and Wade since both of those guys are constantly trying to attack the paint.
Dirk is still in the nba

Failton is fucking trash.
Newsflash: He's not the reason Knicks find themselves down 8. Very poor defensive philosophy/lack of quick adjustments in the 2nd cost them bigtime. Considering the bigs weren't in foul trouble Knicks should've went big to try and matchup on the switches. Woodson gambled and lost.

EDIT: It doesn't help they're miscommunicating on alot of those switches either. Chandler has had little impact at all.

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton 9m
I see more old Nuggets in this NYK-MIA game than the time I found my old bong from the 70s & noticed there were some leftovers in the bowl.

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton 31m
Surprised to see Mike Miller still out there playing for Miami. His back has been broken by more NBA players than Kim Kardashian.

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton 42m
With no LeBron, Carmelo is scoring so easily that Ben Roethlisberger is learning many new ways to get to the hole with minimal resistance.

Just to show a few, lol

Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 5 minutes ago
At some point, the Knicks have to just leave someone on Mike Miller, who's torching them worse than Carmelo Anthony's torched Miami.

When the Knicks played tms like CHI & IND, those clubs decided they were going to gamble by anchoring a defender on Novak at all times....

You might give up some baskets by taking that sort of approach. But you won't give up back-breaking threes like the Knicks have.
bingo.

charsace

Lakers season is so bad that they are retiring shaq's jersey just to have something good happen this SEASON.

I saw the Joe movie. I liked it. my lady from Friday night lights needs to blow up after this. the ladies on that show are too beautiful not to blow up.

Lakers season is so bad that they are retiring shaq's jersey just to have something good happen this SEASON.

I saw the Joe movie. I liked it. my lady from Friday night lights needs to blow up after this. the ladies on that show are too beautiful not to blow up.
I demand a Tatum/Rock buddy cop movie

thekad

Banned
Kentucky is going to run over everyone if they add Wiggins to that squad. They'll be more stacked than the Lakers oh wait

Halftime reporter said they'll finally change defensive rotations and it's been the worst of the year. They should've done it 7 minutes ago.

Emwitus

Retirement was planned in the summer. Knickers wish they could retire a player like shaqs jersey

Going into this game I didn't think there was anything to gain for the Heat, only the Knicks.

Somehow I am feeling a hell of a lot more confident seeing these dudes move the ball so well.

Does anybody actually believe in the theory that maybe the Knicks are sucking on defense because Melo is somewhat of a black hole on offense?

I really don't know how I feel about that theory

and a lot of it definitely has to do with chandler being rusty

Top Bottom