• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Elite years? Probably 4.

Considering he's one of the if not the biggest freak athlete the NBA's ever had I don't think his drop-off will come that soon.

'elite' is a pretty broad term and he does a lot of things well that if he stays on the court he'll continue to be extremely valuable late into his career

I once thought that Lebron would fall off fairly quickly, but that was before he improved his free throw shooting, his jump shot, and his three point ability. He has quite a bit left in the tank and it will be a while before any of can say that he isn't a dominant player. I think he has a longer window than Durant, honestly.

CP3
Rondo
Pierce
KG
Dwight

do it Ainge B^)

still would lose to the heat though.

Rondo at SG???

mj-laughing.gif

Considering he's one of the if not the biggest freak athlete the NBA's ever had I don't think his drop-off will come that soon.

'elite' is a pretty broad term and he does a lot of things well that if he stays on the court he'll continue to be extremely valuable late into his career

Biggest being the key word. You're simply not going to be able to carry that much weight for 13-14 years and still being at the top of his game. Will he still be one of the best in the league? Yes. Will he be the MVP he has been in years past? I don't see it. Perhaps if he becomes as much of a psychopath in terms of training as Kobe but I don't see that happening.

exarkun

CP3 can't run. His knee's can't take it.

Just throw that shit to Parsons or Harden or Asik or (Insert random player at 4) who is running down the court.

we can make it work. I feel bad for my boy Lin, but Cp3 has three or four more years of good shit and I want it as soon as possible

Biggest being the key word. You're simply not going to be able to carry that much weight for 13-14 years and still being at the top of his game. Will he still be one of the best in the league? Yes. Will he be the MVP he has been in years past? I don't see it. Perhaps if he becomes as much of a psychopath in terms of training as Kobe but I don't see that happening.
Bron's conditioning is insane, always in the gym, bikes to and from almost every home game, etc, I wouldn't be too worried about his training or work ethic.

Kobe would make a crazy serial killer
rapist
if he didn't have a lick of basketball talent

I don't see why Lebron couldn't be elite until he's 33. Maybe not the best player in the game, but elite.

Hell, no one in the league came in with that mix of speed, stength, and athleticism so as long as he continues to not have a major injury, who knows where he caps off.

I didn't think Kobe would be playing this well on offense at 34 but here we are. And Lebron's natural gifts are far superior.

exarkun

How is that possible when he shows up to games he's decked out in suits and shit.

He probably changes into it after putting the bike up. But I haven't seen him in a suit in a while when they show him getting in. There used to be all those twitpics of him biking.

My definition of "elite" is stricter than others it seems

Let me put it this way: I don't think Lebron will be an MVP candidate at 33.

He'll still be a top player though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Just throw that shit to Parsons or Harden or Asik or (Insert random player at 4) who is running down the court.

we can make it work. I feel bad for my boy Lin, but Cp3 has three or four more years of good shit and I want it as soon as possible

CP3 works best with athletic bigs..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't see why Lebron couldn't be elite until he's 33. Maybe not the best player in the game, but elite.

Hell, no one in the league came in with that mix of speed, stength, and athleticism so as long as he continues to not have a major injury, who knows where he caps off.

I didn't think Kobe would be playing this well on offense at 34 but here we are. And Lebron's natural gifts are far superior.

I think LBJ is just going to get better with age tbh.

He's already seeing code. Once he unlocks Wisdom With Age, he'll probably learn some footwork in the post.

Branduil

Kobe is a much harder worker than Lebron though. Lebron needs to develop other skills once his athleticism starts declining.

Top Bottom