• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Chris-Paul-Knicks.jpg

you guys fucked yourselves over with Amare's contract. hes not worth his cap eating contract and no one wants him in a trade. but you cant amnesty him right now either, hes not bad enough

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
you guys fucked yourselves over with Amare's contract. hes not worth his cap eating contract and no one wants him in a trade. but you cant amnesty him right now either, hes not bad enough

look why bring this up besides for troll reasons. Also at least the Billups Amnesty got us Chandler. Knicks are winning mang

giri

They can't amnesty amare cause they've already used their amnesty on billups.

they used their amnesty on billups even though billups had one year left and they knew of amare's knees. but win now, amnesty billups to get chandler!

I think LeBron is too smart and big to decline that heavily when his athleticism starts to decline. Maybe his scoring will go down a bit if he has to devote more energy to defense to make up for being slower in the future, but I think he'll age well.

Maybe Durant or Harden or the Brow can beat him out in MVP voting in like five or six years though.

based on what?

I don't think a SF of his size has ever aged particularly well. The speed dropoff will be more than people think; Bron can't hold that weight in his mid 30s.

Lebron's one of a kind though, so you never know. My speculation is as baseless as anyone else's: we've never seen a player quite like him.

Zeus Molecules

they used their amnesty on billups even though billups had one year left and they knew of amare's knees. but win now, amnesty billups to get chandler!

I mean sure why get a top five center when you can sit back and hope a star PG with bad knees leaves money on the table in LA to come and play in NY. You guys are criticizing NY for making the rational move instead of making the stereotypical Knicks move....

And Billups broke down 3 different times after that trade while he was in NY and last I checked was broke down a few more times since then.

also Deron Williams has such a douche smile

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mean sure why get a top five center when you can sit back and hope a star PG with bad knees leaves money on the table in LA to come and play in NY. You guys are criticizing NY for making the rational move instead of making the stereotypical Knicks move....

And Billups broke down 3 different times after that trade while he was in NY and last I checked was broke down a few more times since then.

the rational move was never making the mcgrady trade...

NY was doing a great job until they blew their load trying to land LBJ or Wade at the same time as Amare - uninsured.

Why are you guys talking about Doug Anderson? I just googled him and it looks like he played for Detroit in college, but are they even still playing?

Zeus Molecules

the rational move was never making the mcgrady trade...

NY was doing a great job until they blew their load trying to land LBJ or Wade at the same time as Amare - uninsured.

yeah i agree but its not proving your point by going back to a bad trade to critique a later one. The Chandler/ Billups Amnesty was a good move.... in fact looking back that was the beginning of Knicks GM moves that in hindsight have mostly held up or at least havent hindered the Knicks.

Grunwald has really done a good job for the knicks so far.

I don't think I'll ever understand why Nowitzki has gotten so few touches this year, especially considering the shot-making ability or lack thereof by his teammates.

do you ever see me defending the joel anthony contract? a stupid decision is a stupid decision

this billups breaking down wouldn't matter since you would already have had cap space to do something but alas, your roster is now mostly not flexible and you're guaranteed to not go anywhere the next half decade because your management got too happy too fast

getting chandler is indeed a good move but wasting your amnesty on billups/not using it on amare is even more terrible

giri

yeah i agree but its not proving your point by going back to a bad trade to critique a later one. The Chandler/ Billups Amnesty was a good move.... in fact looking back that was the beginning of Knicks GM moves that in hindsight have mostly held up or at least havent hindered the Knicks.

Grunwald has really done a good job for the knicks so far.

As phee said, it wasn't that the knicks amnestied someone, it's that they amnestied the entirely wrong player.

And billups contract was up the year after.

Amnesty Amare, go 1 year with billups/melo/chandler

Have a ton of potential cap space with billups money off the books.

Zeus Molecules

do you ever see me defending the joel anthony contract? a stupid decision is a stupid decision

this billups breaking down wouldn't matter since you would already have had cap space to do something but alas, your roster is now mostly not flexible and you're guaranteed to not go anywhere the next half decade because your management got too happy too fast

getting chandler is indeed a good move but wasting your amnesty on billups/not using it on amare is even more terrible

dude except novak and felton no contract in guaranteed past 2015. Your mistaking the Nets for the Knicks when it comes to being stuck. They have JR's bird rights so they can keep him as long as some team doesn't give him 10 million a year on some stupidity. Also Camby's contract is trade bait since the years aren't fully guaranteed and we draft this year. I mean the knicks are good bruh.

also its easy to say amnesty Amare but that wasn't going to happen he was still averaging 18/8 at that point and year away from 24/8

Phanta

This Nets team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs. Can't play good enough defense and the coach is trash.

Really hope I'm wrong tho.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
dude except novak and felton no contract in guaranteed past 2015. Your mistaking the Nets for the Knicks when it comes to being stuck. They have JR's bird rights so they can keep him as long as some team doesn't give him 10 million a year on some stupidity. Also Camby's contract is trade bait since the years aren't fully guaranteed and we draft this year. I mean the knicks are good bruh.

also its easy to say amnesty Amare but that wasn't going to happen he was still averaging 18/8 at that point and year away from 24/8

they get paid in donuts and blow

giving amare an uninsured contract and amnestying billups made whatever move the knicks made the only one they'd ever get to make

Top Bottom