• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

I just found out that I am basically Bynum.

I have weak cartiledge in my knees too.

well shit. Time to start bowling, growing shitty afros and parking in handicap spots now.

I have a crazy feeling that the Pistons are going to pay someone like OJ Mayo $10 million a year.....

Oh well.....

I just found out that I am basically Bynum.

I have weak cartiledge in my knees too.

well shit. Time to start bowling, growing shitty afros and parking in handicap spots now.

lol.....

Knux stop taking L's......

I like how Bynum is like "Ball is in Phillys court" with seemingly zero remorse for basically stealing millions from the franchise and saying nothing to reassure the fanbase that he's going to restore their faith in him.

I have a crazy feeling that the Pistons are going to pay someone like OJ Mayo $10 million a year.....

Oh well.....

lol.....

Knux stop taking L's......

It can always get worse for you knux

This is me right now:

Naslost.gif

I like how Bynum is like "Ball is in Phillys court" with seemingly zero remorse for basically stealing millions from the franchise and saying nothing to reassure the fanbase that he's going to restore their faith in him.

We gonna give him the Max because reasons.

Draftexpress said:
I'm not saying that she [Griner] can definitely make it [the NBA], but at her size & w/the way she destroyed her competition,don't you at least think about it?

smfh, what the fuck, Givony.

How in the world is an NBA team going to be able to succeed with a 6'8 center with no strength or vert? Even if she was somehow competent offensively, the team she was on would break defensive incompetency records. If a guard broke through the first line of defense, it would be a near automatic layup.

This is really disappointing and weird to read from someone who seemed sane before.

Lots of speculation right now that Tony has a stress fracture and will be out until at least the end of the 1st round

Meaning we won't have Tony or Manu for a series

Welp. Its Tim Duncan and the goons I guess. Ride or die

I think you'll be fine without him for one series at least as long as Duncan and Leonard can stay healthy. If either of them goes down, though, that would really suck for the Spurs and would likely result in a first round exit. I'm starting to see why PGs rarely get MVP honors and even more rarely Finals MVP. They just can't stay healthy long enough to do so. Paul, Rondo, Williams, Curry, Rose, Parker... Westbrook is the only all-star PG I can think of who hasn't sustained a significant injury in the last few years.

I think you'll be fine without him for one series at least as long as Duncan and Leonard can stay healthy. If either of them goes down, though, that would really suck for the Spurs and would likely result in a first round exit. I'm starting to see why PGs rarely get MVP honors and even more rarely Finals MVP. They just can't stay healthy long enough to do so. Paul, Rondo, Williams, Curry, Rose, Parker... Westbrook is the only all-star PG I can think of who hasn't sustained a significant injury in the last few years.
Russel is a freak. He's never been injured and hasn't missed a game since freaking middle school.

If someone the Lakers could pull the Spurs without Parker or Ginobili, I'd take the Lakers.

But OKC gonna get that seed and lay the pipe.

Emwitus

Bynum: Hey philly, I feel like my knee might give out. Don't pay me 16 million dollars.

If someone the Lakers could pull the Spurs without Parker or Ginobili, I'd take the Lakers.

But OKC gonna get that seed and lay the pipe.

It makes the GS/Hou battle more interesting. Both would love to rather play SAS without Manu and Tony than Denver.

Might see some late season playoff tank action.

edit: but damn with Gallo gone, GS & HOU could get into the 2nd round...GS/HOU 2nd round series...do not want...or the eventual OKC v. Gs or Hou WCF...fucking weak.

it benefits OKC to stay at 2, Hou, GS then LAC or Mem, that's almost as easy as Miami's path to the finals.

Dy, as much as I'd like to win tonight on national tv we need to lose. We're only half a game up on Orlando and we have an easier schedule from here on out.

At least Wiz fans aren't the only ones that are drunk on potential:

REALGM Cats fan said:
Something that I've been kicking around in my head is trading Portland's pick back to them for Meyers Leonard and maybe squeeze something else out of them if you can. Leonard would easily be a top 10 pick in this draft if not higher and has the potential to be what we wanted Mullens to be, an athletic 7 footer that rebounds and defends. He's still pretty raw but so is practically every big in this draft. I dunno, maybe I just want to get him out of Portland before their injury curse strikes again.

Emwitus

Dy, as much as I'd like to win tonight on national tv we need to lose. We're only half a game up on Orlando and we have an easier schedule from here on out.

I don't get this tanking thing. Last year, after having the worst record in nba history, you still couldn't get davis. Why not tank and still in some way be competitive and have something to build on ala wizards or okc? Your team is so used to being a historically bad loser, they might have a hard time learning how to win when they have all the pieces.

Saw the Danilo Gallinari injury that sucks for Denver. He was apparently playing very well this season.

One awkward cut that has been made many times before and the ACL is torn. Damn

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
At least Wiz fans aren't the only ones that are drunk on potential:

I don't think you realize how completely fundamentally broken our team is without remotely competent bigs.

With Josh McRoberts, we nearly doubled our win total up to that point. Meyers would be a top 10 pick too.

He's not "wrong".
I don't get this tanking thing. Last year, after having the worst record in nba history, you still couldn't get davis. Why not tank and still in some way be competitive and have something to build on ala wizards or okc? Your team is so used to being a historically bad loser, they might have a hard time learning how to win when they have all the pieces.

Its not about the #1 overall pick. Its about getting picks high enough that are actually worth something. The difference between James Harden and Gerald Henderson is only being a tryhard.

The team is literally losing on purpose. Anyone who's watched a Bobcats game after December can tell you without hesitation. Tank culture is different than losing culture - which is basically the transition from MJ to Bob Johnson.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Trade Portland's pick back to Portland for Meyers? In this year's draft?

Portland is getting that pick, regardless. That post makes zero sense. And why would Portland, with their own lack of bigs, get rid of Meyers to grab someone in this shitty draft?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Duncan has been wearing Adidas since 98 tho.

Yeah but look at the shoe he wears. He wears an old school shoe. Not one of these ultra light ones.

I kid you not customers go into stores and try on Jordan's and Brons which are both strong rigid shoes and they don't like them cause these ultra light shoes feel so much more comfortable in the store.
Sales are sales man.

DY_nasty

Trade Portland's pick back to Portland for Meyers? In this year's draft?

Portland is getting that pick, regardless. That post makes zero sense. And why would Portland, with their own lack of bigs, get rid of Meyers to grab someone in this shitty draft?

Because Cho demands it

balddemon

Banned
Yeah but look at the shoe he wears. He wears an old school shoe. Not one of these ultra light ones.

I kid you not customers go into stores and try on Jordan's and Brons which are both strong rigid shoes and they don't like them cause these ultra light shoes feel so much more comfortable in the store.
Sales are sales man.

what shoe would you recommend then? I play a lot, obviously not as much or as hard as college or the pros, but the hyperdunks have done me well up til a month ago. I tried on the ghost 2 and liked them in the store but then when I got to the court with them, the plastic dug into my toes pretty badly.

Finally, hack TJ Simers of the LA Times has stopped writing hit pieces on the Lakers to write one on the Clippers.

The Clippers are in trouble.

They got their 50th win of this storybook season Wednesday night, a franchise record, but internal problems seriously threaten their chances for extraordinary postseason success.

The feel-good Clippers are gone, with DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin's immaturity dragging the team down.

Jordan wants nothing to do with Coach Vinny Del Negro because he blames Del Negro for burying him on the bench.

Yet Jordan's inability to play consistently or make free throws, thereby turning the ball over to the opposition much like a turnover, makes him a liability in close games.

Jordan sees it differently, and he has for the last two seasons, maintaining he would be more productive if allowed to play more.

He's as likable as they come and overloaded with athletic ability. But as an NBA starter on a team that wants to compete for championships, he's more cancer than consistent contributor while failing to justify what he's being paid.

He'll be unhappy to hear that, and he doesn't react well when not happy. But it's time to grow up as a professional.

Griffin is Jordan's buddy, and still a kid.

His development has been sabotaged by his inability to accept criticism of any sort.

It helps explain why he's always at odds with the referees. He's never done anything wrong, as he sees it, so why are they blowing a whistle and calling him out?

He takes a punishment when he plays, and right now he's playing hurt. But he reacts like a kid when done wrong, looking for the opportunity to get even while giving no regard to how that might affect his team's performance.

He wants the ball like any great player, but when it doesn't go to him, he pouts. He's 24. Most of the time the ball goes to Griffin, but he's concerned only about the times when it doesn't.

The Clippers' future success is tied to Griffin's becoming as mature as he is a high-flying superstar. It would be nice, maybe even vital to the team's success, if it happened overnight.

Griffin has already improved his game at the foul line and shooting from the outside. But he must do the same as a team player rather than aligning himself with the most disgruntled player on the team.

The other night in Sacramento, Griffin and Jordan exchanged words on the bench. Griffin told Jordan he best never again stare him down as he did when Griffin failed to give Jordan a good pass for a dunk.

Everyone else was left to sit there while waiting for the kids to stop bickering.

The pair have also grown tired of Chris Paul's voice, which is understandable at times.

Paul, very much like Kobe Bryant — who has turned off Dwight Howard with his out-of-this-world standards — is relentless. He never shuts up. And Jordan and Griffin have become weary of him.

When asked about being annoying, Paul smiled and said, "I need to work on being a better leader."

Had he avoided injuries, Chauncey Billups would have made a difference. He has the ability to get in the face of another player and demand more without turning them off. He doesn't chirp as much as Paul.

But he's also not playing for the Clippers these days or even practicing, yet another reason why the team is in trouble as it approaches the playoffs.

They need Billups, but at a level of play that Billups displayed before getting hurt a year ago.

Del Negro has done a masterful job for the most part in dealing with a deep team; everyone wants more playing time. But he's not a hand-holder. He's not big on sitting beside a player, throwing an arm around his shoulder and nursing hurt feelings.

He might want to develop a half-court offense that works, but that's a problem for another time.

The Clippers are fortunate because they have a number of veterans who understand what kind of effort the team will need once the playoffs begin.

But as much money as Jordan is making and as secure as Griffin is in being a NBA star, do any of the veterans have what it takes to get through to the immature twosome.

This should be one of the all-time joy rides in sports, the Clippers, the gawd-awful Clippers, going 16-0 in December and becoming the talk of the NBA.

They rocked the NBA world, but the buzz is gone.

And although it's true they have posted a record never seen before by Clippers fans, how do they get by the first round and then take on San Antonio or Oklahoma City while looking cross-eyed at each other inside a team huddle?

They don't, and so they have maybe two weeks to grow up and grow together as a team or this season of hoopla will have been much ado about nothing.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-clippers-20130404,0,5863918,full.column

lol

thekad

Banned
Learning how to win = getting a star.

Talent is everything.If you have great scouts (and I pray we do) and pick at the top of the draft for a few years you will have a team with some of the best young talent in the game. It's all about having personnel that both know the game and can read people. If you don't have that personnel in place you become the Clippers and Warriors of yesteryear. If you do (and you can steer clear of injuries) you become the old Magic, the old Hornets, the recent Hawks, the Spurs, or the Thunder.

DY_nasty

Learning how to win = getting a star.

Naw, man.

Its all about trying harder. Just think - how far could the Celtics have gone before Ray Allen and Garnett got there and derailed all the progress Doc made.

sans_pants

avec_pénis

Sales are sales man.

i upgraded to some good nikes from some shit ones and got some of their padded socks and the first few times i played my legs were in way more pain. what do you think about their performance socks?

thekad

Banned
Ugh, now I have to root for OKC to move out of 2nd with Parker out. Spurs schedule:

ATL
@DEN (no Lawson or Gallo)
SAC
@LAL
@GS
MIN

I'm not sure they lose even once...

giri

Kevin Love still not cleared. Hopefully we get a few games of him and Ricky together next year.

Ricky has looked really good, seems like he's got his confidence in his leg back. Shame no one on the wolves can stay healthy for 10games in a row.

Vinny Del Negro and CP3 not coming back.

also i want the Clippers to hand the divisional banner at staples, do it Clippers

They don't play with the laker banners up there now, so........?

It makes the GS/Hou battle more interesting. Both would love to rather play SAS without Manu and Tony than Denver.

Might see some late season playoff tank action.

edit: but damn with Gallo gone, GS & HOU could get into the 2nd round...GS/HOU 2nd round series...do not want...or the eventual OKC v. Gs or Hou WCF...fucking weak.

it benefits OKC to stay at 2, Hou, GS then LAC or Mem, that's almost as easy as Miami's path to the finals.
I really doubt GSW is getting past Denver, with or without Gallo.

Top Bottom