• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe single handedly lost that 6 point lead. I miss passing kobe.

I agree he should have been driving cos we were in the penalty. However, all 3 were good looks for him.

I don't miss passing Kobe. Our best option should not be passing vs. 1on1 coverage. He's had a great half and we'd be winning if Dwight wasn't dumb.

Also, MDA might wanna try Sacre. We have ZERO defense inside w/o Dwight

Emwitus

I agree he should have been driving cos we were in the penalty. However, all 3 were good looks for him.

I don't miss passing Kobe. Our best option should not be passing vs. 1on1 coverage. He's had a great half and we'd be winning if Dwight wasn't dumb.

Also, MDA might wanna try Sacre. We have ZERO defense inside w/o Dwight

Really cloudy? I'll tell you this, at the start of the season when kobe was playing more of pg with nash out we we're winning. Those games we beat utah and okc were one of the best lakers games this season and kobe was passing again. All the others, with kobe scoring in the 40s? Those have been the worst basketball years in la since 07

Cloudy

Banned
Really cloudy? I'll tell you this, at the start of the season when kobe was playing more of pg with nash out we we're winning.

Kobe's highest PPG was at the start of the year. He's playing more like that today IMO

Overpaid in what aspect? Because his name also a brand

Overpaid in respect to the goal of obtaining collective success. Kobe Bryant is not worth half the salary cap if you want to get wins, and a title eventually. But I was not expecting a serious discussion either, Cloudy is probably the worst homer out of all the homers this thread hosts.

linsivvi

Overpaid in respect to the goal of obtaining collective success. Kobe Bryant is not worth half the salary cap if you want to get wins, and a title eventually. But I was not expecting a serious discussion either, Cloudy is probably the worst homer out of all the homers this thread hosts.

The salary cap excuse is asinine because the Lakers are at $100M right now. They would still be over the cap even if they amnesty Kobe. He's also not hurting the Lakers' bottom line because of $200M TV money and revenue sharing.

Come back at the summer 2014 and you can have a serious discussion how much the Lakers should pay Kobe for his next contract.

He's not going to retire, I'm sure of it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Man watching those Nash replays kills me. The Cavs have fucking Kyrie Irving, and I can't get a single pick and roll called by the head coach.

linsivvi

Sacre is a total scrub, but he needs to get some minutes if only to put a body on opposing bigs or foul. He's the only option when Dwight is not in the game.

Doomsayer

Sacre is a total scrub, but he needs to get some minutes if only to put a body on opposing bigs or foul. He's the only option when Dwight is not in the game.

Exactly. He may be awful but size is important against teams like this, this small ball is getting us killed on the boards and in half court sets.

Vahagn

Show me the last time he was taken out at the 6 min mark of the 3rd unrelated to fouls.

You didn't read that article recently posted where he said "I need to start telling the coach to take me out when I need a blow"

D12 said:
"That comes with time. But I'm not going to get discouraged. Once I get tired I'm going to ask for a blow, take a break, then get back out there and go hard again."

That looks like what just happened.

Exactly. He may be awful but size is important against teams like this, this small ball is getting us killed on the boards and in half court sets.
I wish they would sign Amundson. Just a grunt who has some size and a good rebounder. Playing Jamison a d Clark at pf/c is disastrous on the boards.

Or he could try Sacre. I know he's not good yet but size alone could matter.

Doomsayer

I wish they would sign Amundson. Just a grunt who has some size and a good rebounder. Playing Jamison a d Clark at pf/c is disastrous on the boards.

Or he could try Sacre. I know he's not good yet but size alone could matter.

Not sure if I want that meth dealer on our team, besides isn't he still on the Pacers?

Top Bottom