• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

So how many of those MLS all time terribleness records did DCU set?

New York is a win win for us neutrals, if they win the shield it's great for MLS to have a successful team in NY, and if they screw it up it's hilarious.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Waiting in the line for the concessions and preparing myself for the longest half of my life.

What a goal by Henry, though. Whew.

Askani

LOL!!!

Chicago, go die in a...uhm...fire...

Your season on the line and you're losing by 4 goals. Just get on the plane now.

Askani

Because Montreal deserves it losing to Toronto? Fuck off.

I don't think you're going to be able to provide proof where I said that. That would be because I didn't say it nor do I believe it really. However the points standings say otherwise.

Neither team deserved the playoffs but one of them had to go. Like or hate their form right now, Montreal had a good run earlier this year that gave them just enough momentum. They starting sliding bad but you can't take away their points. Chicago had just as much opportunity to not leave the question open just like Montreal. On their last gasp with their destiny in their hands, they let NY hang 5 on them.

Just like SKC had just as many chances to take the SS race. We didn't finish and someone else did.

Askani

Oh, and congrats NYRB fans. Your team went out and did what they had to do and dominated in the process. Enjoy your silverware.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Petke.gif

My hands are burning and my voice is nearly gone, but it was all worth it. Supporters' Shield winners! 5 more games!

xbhaskarx

The whole "undefeated in Seattle when attendance is above 55k" thing gets a big asterisk next to it.

This sets up the possibility of Seattle vs Portland (if the Sounders can beat the Rapids), MLS must be loving that...

Askani

The whole "undefeated in Seattle when attendance is above 55k" thing gets a big asterisk next to it.

This sets up the possibility of Seattle vs Portland (if the Sounders can beat the Rapids), MLS must be loving that...

I'm sure. And it will be a good rivalry. Fits right into their forced rivalry scheme though...which I hate. You're going to naturally have rivals. Let the teams come into it on their own.

Askani

What does that even mean? How are Seattle and Portland forced rivals?

I mean that stupid "Rivalry Week" that MLS tries to shove out. Like how Chicago is SKC's rival, but nobody here really thinks that. I just don't like it.

Portland and Seattle should be rivals and I'm glad they are. I just don't like that MLS got their way because even if they weren't rivals or didn't have a rivalry like this going, MLS would have told us they did and would then tell us we should be excited for it.

Nesotenso

I mean that stupid "Rivalry Week" that MLS tries to shove out. Like how Chicago is SKC's rival, but nobody here really thinks that. I just don't like it.

Portland and Seattle should be rivals and I'm glad they are. I just don't like that MLS got their way because even if they weren't rivals or didn't have a rivalry like this going, MLS would have told us they did and would then tell us we should be excited for it.

I am ok with the concept of rivalry week to market games on networks like ESPN does for college sports. But yeah it doesn't make sense for some franchises. SKC is unlucky that most other franchises are kinda far out and the Chicago thing feels forced. Going by the results in past seasons Houston is more of a nemesis.

Osorio

Victoryyyyyyyyyyy

This is such a new feeling. Saw many a grown man crying last night.

I shed a tear when Petke came through the section

Osorio

Henry is pure class.

So glad Peguy converted to CAM

Magee is a twat. He can shine his golden boot while watching the playoffs at home.

Cahill is a Metro legend.

MICHAEL PETKE

The atmosphere at the stadium was euphoric, I still can't concentrate on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom