• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I watched the Jazz until the 4th quarter. I'm the anti-curse. Every time I tune out, terrible things happen.

On the side of good news, I got a job offer this morning that will give me a substantial raise and huge increase in benefits. When I come down for E3, I'm going to make it rain all over LA-GAF (minus Clippers fans).

Congrats.

Cmon OT

Well that was a terrible shot. Keith Not-So-Smart.

Pretty fantastic day in bball today.
Heres the TNT overtime schedule btw

srP928D.png

The ones with the OT mark are the ones they will be broadcasting on this stream (Stream works pretty good on phones and tablets):
http://www.nba.com/tntovertime/

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can't believe we're only 1.5 games out of the playoffs... ahah.. ahahah.... AHAAHAHAHAHAH

And god damn was that game the definition of a troll.

exarkun

Rockets lost, but I didn't expect to win at their home with Dirk and Co. still trying to make the playoffs. More to play for, beards, lulz, etc. That Patrick Beverly foul at the end with Collison about to fall over into the back court... wow. Smh.

At least the Jazz lost (sorry Jazz-age). They're our trump card!

I watched the Jazz until the 4th quarter. I'm the anti-curse. Every time I tune out, terrible things happen.

On the side of good news, I got a job offer this morning that will give me a substantial raise and huge increase in benefits. When I come down for E3, I'm going to make it rain all over LA-GAF (minus Clippers fans).

Here's your gift.
tumblr_mj9z4atE7h1qz6f5ho1_1280.jpg

Congrats though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Whoa! Just saw scores and highlights of the games tonight.

So how crazy did it get in here tonight?

I can't imagine the amount of loving and polite comments that were shared amongst basketball fans in here.

Congrats Jeff. You gonna let that coworker have it now? No punches pulled?

Whoa! Just saw scores and highlights of the games tonight.

So how crazy did it get in here tonight?

I can't imagine the amount of loving and polite comments that were shared amongst basketball fans in here.

It was hilarious reading through the thread as the tone shifted several times over several games.

NBA GAF was a great read tonight.

Awesome.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just went back and read the last couple of pages.

Wow! Some epic conversations.

Salt Blaster! Totally fits.

My Bucks lost again. Still holding onto that last spot. Not too worried about the Raptors catching them. And I'm loving that Jennings is playing like a PG since the deadline. Helping my fantasy team huge too.
I'm sure the Heat and pretty afraid of having to face the Bucks in the first round. Afraid that they have to spend a couple of nights in Milwaukee. Will be nice to see some Bucks games on tv though.

Relax man, I'm just playing around.

I hate the Heat.

Honest question, why do you waste time hating the Heat?

I hate only 2 teams:

1) Czzz (for obvious reasons as a Laker fan)

2) Pats (because they are a bunch of dirty fucking cheaters that haven't won a SB since Spygate)

but I hardly waste time trolling or dedicating thought to them unless they are playing my team.

Did the Heat do something to your team?

Vahagn

So anyone hear about Reddick getting offended at some stuff Dwight said and throwing some deep daggers back his way? Nelson tried to take the high road but couldn't help a couple subtle and not so subtle digs himself.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So anyone hear about Reddick getting offended at some stuff Dwight said and throwing some deep daggers back his way? Nelson tried to take the high road but couldn't help a couple subtle and not so subtle digs himself.

No not yet. I saw Nelson's reply though.
Link?

No not yet. I saw Nelson's reply though.
Link?

Add J.J. Redick to the list of former teammates who were none too pleased with Dwight Howard's recent comments about his Orlando Magic teammates.

This week Howard told KCAL, a Los Angeles CBS affiliate, that "My team in Orlando was a team full of people who nobody wanted, and I was the leader, and I led that team with a smile on my face."

That characterization of a Magic team that went to the NBA Finals in 2009 hasn't sat well with his former teammates.

"I'm not surprised by it," Redick told ESPNLosAngeles.com Wednesday evening before his Milwaukee Bucks played the Los Angeles Clippers. "I would be more surprised when Dwight starts taking responsibility. That would be the most negative thing I can say, but that's the truth.

"You can't take all the credit and not accept any of the blame."

In the two days since the interview aired, former teammates Jameer Nelson told the Orlando Sentinel that he was "disappointed" in Howard's comments while Rashard Lewis said Howard's comments were "disrespectful."

"It's disrespectful more than anything. We helped Dwight become the player he was," Lewis, now a member of the Miami Heat, told the Sentinel on Wednesday.

"We made a good run. Hell, look at those (conference and division) banners hanging in the stands. They don't say Dwight Howard on them..."

Nelson, who was once one of Howard's closest friends on the Magic, said he was disappointed in Howard's comments.

At some point, when are you a gonna as a man, when are you going to take ownership and stay out of the media in a professional manner," Nelson told the Sentinel.

"I would be less of a man to comment on certain things that people comment on about me and my teammates. We had a great run as a group, as core guys, and he was a part of it (reaching the 2009 Finals) and for him to say things about anybody in a negative manner, that's up to him.

"That's his opinion. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels."

Howard has not publicly commented on the issue since the KCAL interview.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
that Jcraw Blake dunk might be the best dunk all year

Vahagn

Dwight: " We had a team of people no one wanted. I didn't even want those teammates, I asked to be traded for 3 years...wait, is this going to be aired? Crap ummm ok, what I MEANT was, I'm a loyal guy, I love loyalty, I love the city of Orlando, I love my teammates, even the lazy Turkish one...

Phew, handled that pretty well I think"

It was hilarious reading through the thread as the tone shifted several times over several games.

NBA GAF was a great read tonight.

I was so frustrated I went to the end of the Miami game and then was watching some highlights, stopped reading the thread. Saw the lead cut down to 10 and tuned in, didn't read til the game was over.

Superstitious me :(

edit: Howard did clarify those comments BTW. lemme find it.

Howard, however, later said Nelson and Lewis misinterpreted his comment because the media "twisted it into a negative thing" while relating his words to Orlando players.

"I never meant any disrespect to none of my former teammates," Howard said after the Lakers' 108-102 victory Wednesday over New Orleans. "My statement was just to say that our team that I played with in Orlando, we were the underdogs. Nobody really talked about our team. Everybody overlooked us for the whole time I was there in Orlando and I hated that. We all hated that.

"Those were my teammates for years. They helped me become the player that I am today. We all got to the Finals because of that."

lol, terrible backtrack.

Vahagn

I was so frustrated I went to the end of the Miami game and then was watching some highlights, stopped reading the thread. Saw the lead cut down to 10 and tuned in, didn't read til the game was over.

Superstitious me :(

edit: Howard did clarify those comments BTW. lemme find it.

I know he basically said what I wrote about loving his teammates and being underdogs. But "a bunch of guys no one wanted and I led them with a smile on my face" is pretty damning. This is the guy who walked up, hugged Stan, and said he never asked Stan to be traded with a straight face. It's pretty obvious he didn't hold a lot of those Orlando guys, from the FO on down in high esteem after 2010-2011 ish.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah he did clarify and I understand what he meant to say. But the way he must have been thinking when he spit those words out shows his lack of intelligence and maturity.

Even if he didnt say the line about how nobody wanted those players he still makes the comment about "how he lead them with a smile on his face". That's just dumb.

And not only did he not hold them with much esteem he seemed to have placed himself on quite the pedestal.
And he is still working on that. What was the point in coming out in the media and telling people that Phil Jackson sends him text messages?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If true, it's a truly amazing the job SVG did getting that team to the Conference Finals twice.

So underrated.

the team was basically made like it was when Brain Hill took them there.

If you have a post player that demands a double team in almost every situation fill the roster with shooters. Really they were a good PG away from being unstoppable

Vahagn

Orlando FO let's some scrub wear his Jersey number? He's getting booed out of the gym Tueaday. Not Lebron Cleveland bad, but no Nash Phx either.

pilonv1

"It's disrespectful more than anything. We helped Dwight become the player he was," Lewis, now a member of the Miami Heat, told the Sentinel on Wednesday.

"We made a good run. Hell, look at those (conference and division) banners hanging in the stands. They don't say Dwight Howard on them..."

lol

Top Bottom