• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

the team was basically made like it was when Brain Hill took them there.

If you have a post player that demands a double team in almost every situation fill the roster with shooters. Really they were a good PG away from being unstoppable

It's crazy how much symmetry Dwight and Shaq have:

Both #1 overall picks.

Both drafted by Orlando.

Both had embattled coaches that got them to the NBA Finals where they lost.

Both had similar offenses that surrounded them by shooters.

Both left Orlando to go to LA.

Both call themselves Superman.

Canuck76

Banned
Yeah he did clarify and I understand what he meant to say. But the way he must have been thinking when he spit those words out shows his lack of intelligence and maturity.

Even if he didnt say the line about how nobody wanted those players he still makes the comment about "how he lead them with a smile on his face". That's just dumb.

And not only did he not hold them with much esteem he seemed to have placed himself on quite the pedestal.
And he is still working on that. What was the point in coming out in the media and telling people that Phil Jackson sends him text messages?

I hope Phil shuts that down and says he's never sent that scrub shit

lobcity_mediumkyxna.gif

Damn, an uncontested dunk where the opponent was on the other side of the court.

This is a real dunk.

Branduil

Both #1 overall picks.

Both drafted by Orlando.

Better hope Dwight doesn't mirror the latter part of Shaq's career.

Branduil

I covered that in the last sentence of my post.

After this season, Dwight is as good as gone after a 1 year rental.

I don't really think he's going to leave. The bigger problem for the Lakers is that Dwight isn't capable of being the alpha dog on a title team and Kobe's time is running out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Both #1 overall picks.

Both drafted by Orlando.

both will tell Kobe how does my ass taste?

Last night was an amazing night - Lakers, Celtics, Miami - all down to the wire and several other comeback wins. It's that time of the year!

Dwight is the definition of a coddled loser as far as I'm concerned. I knew he was immature before, but I had no clue he was this stupid.

masud

Banned
I can't believe I paid for this game time app. The link for the Knicks Pistons game plays the Heat game. Last time the link for the Knicks Cavs game was an episode of Dallas...

LuchaShaq

Banned
How do you guys feel about flopping this season?

Even though it seems like not many guys have been punished, the more egregious acts definitely seem to be a rarer occorence.

Will Kobe/Durant/Star Wing Player X scream and flail when they aren't even touched on a jumper? Yeah.

The completely comic diving on the floor bullshit like a guy got sniped seems to have plummeted.

Dwight is the definition of a coddled loser as far as I'm concerned. I knew he was immature before, but I had no clue he was this stupid.

If he had just an average person's body Dwight would be the type of guy who wouldn't even be able to hold down an entry level McDonald's/footlocker job because he's too full of himself to do his damn job.

Man

I'm catchin feelings again

Catchin feelings for this team..

Is beautiful basketball back?

Masta splitta and Kawhi give me hope

I remember when I said Kawhi was going to be awesome for the Spurs and you were still moping about George Hill. Actually, though, that was one of those trades were both teams actually benefitted.

I wouldn't call him stupid or a loser if you take both really literally

he is still an overgrown child who is facing some professional adversity (who knows what else) when he is out of this child shell in a year or two he'll be ok

i still don't think he lives and breathes ball the way a franchise would want around their "alpha" to but it doesn't mean he isn't really valuable

Reddick and Nelson completely called out Dwight out his bullshit and they're 100% right. Dwight needs to kiss Stan's feet for making him appear to be an elite center. The system made Dwight, not his skillset.

I still can't get over how good PJ Hairston has looked the last few times I've watched him play. I hope Cho and our scouting staff are paying attention to our home turf because I'd take him over both Shabazz and McLenmore if the draft were held tomorrow.

charsace

Reddick and Nelson completely called out Dwight out his bullshit and they're 100% right. Dwight needs to kiss Stan's feet for making him appear to be an elite center. The system made Dwight, not his skillset.
Dwightmare is a fucking chump. I thought he was manning up after what he said at first, even though it was shitty. Now he is back peddling though. This guy wants to be the good guy so bad even though he isn't. Dude wants to seen as a good guy like Magic. He isn't Magic though, he's an asshole. He needs to accept it and embrace his inner dick head.

Been looking at Jazz box scores and +/- breakdowns and I am amazed at what I'm seeing. The Jazz are soooo much better with Burks, Kanter, Hayward, and Favors on the floor. Their coach really should be fired for playing Foye, Marvin, and Millsap/Jefferson as much as he does.

Vahagn

This entire page sounds like shit I've been saying about Dwight for 4 months. I like!

I never wanted him here and said so often. I got swept up in excitement when the trade happened though like everyone else, but that was mainly based on the belief that he had learned he needed to repair his image, and would be willing to spend the next two years learning how to be a leader from Kobe/Nash.

Dude's a clown who needs Phil Jackson to text him what he taught Frobe. "You may think you're ready to lead, but others must respect you enough to be ready to follow" and Kobe and 2 time MVP aren't gonna fall in line behind him with his immature attitude and for good reason.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't think I have ever seen an out of bounds defended that poorly. Just baffles me.

What could have those Hornets players been thinking? Obviously there weren't.

Vahagn

I don't think I have ever seen an out of bounds defended that poorly. Just baffles me.

What could have those Hornets players been thinking? Obviously there weren't.

LA called a time out and didn't advance it and lined up that way on purpose. That play was designed all the way. Whoever designed that play completely trolled the Pelicans.

Edit: I literally cannot wait for all the stuff that's gonna come out next year about Dwight's selfishness and immaturity when he leaves. A lot of guys who leave LA and talk about how they are gonna have bigger roles and opportunities now just ended up being slammed with reality. Ariza, Farmar, Bynum, Shaq etc. the smart ones like Fisher and Odom know that their best years were far and away the ones they spent in LA winning and playing for chips.

I just realized that with how Shabazz's draft stock and the Jazz's draft pick are going, the Jazz might end up picking Shabazz.

This month keeps getting worse. Shabazz needs some flukey hot games in the tournament to get himself back into the top half of the lottery.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Love and Budinger are due back in 2 weeks. Just in time for the Wolves to pick up some garbage wins and get that coveted 11th pick.

Vahagn

I just realized that with how Shabazz's draft stock and the Jazz's pick pick are going, the Jazz might end up picking Shabazz.

This month keeps getting worse. Shabazz needs some flukey hot games in the tournament to get himself back into the top half of the lottery.

Not a fan of Shabazz? Wasn't everyone into drafting him this year?

charsace

All this Dwight bashing is so dumb.

He makes it easy by raising a target. Every time the target gets hit Dwightful puts up another one.

Does anyone know why the Nets aren't playing Hump? He is a decent player who boards and runs the floor well. I don't see how he falls out of the rotation in favor of Reggie Evans. Maybe it has to do with KK situation?

He makes it easy by raising a target. Every time the target gets hit Dwightful puts up another one.

Does anyone know why the Nets aren't playing Hump? He is a decent player who boards and runs the floor well. I don't see how he falls out of the rotation in favor of Reggie Evans. Maybe it has to do with KK situation?

lol I saw that today as well, and I thought about the KK situation

stats wise his only good years are when he was with her...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Nate Robinson, known for his overflowing locker of Jordan’s, debuted something different in Wednesday night’s ESPN matchup vs. the Spurs. Robinson opted for a pair of the Nike/Kanye West collabo, Air Yeezy 2′s, to start the game. ”Trying something different,” Robinson told CSN Chicago, after switching back to a pair of Jordan 12′s midway through the first quarter because the $2,000/pair Yeezy’s turned out to be too slippery on the court.

That's ballin. Haha.

I just think its awesome that he wore a $2000 shoe to play in. Most would never be brave enough for that.

Nate does not go by the "wear em twice and put em on ice" rule.

charsace

lol I saw that today as well, and I thought about the KK situation

stats wise his only good years are when he was with her...
Reggie is one of the worst starters in the league though. The starting lineup with Hump actually looks good when you look at the net +/-. With Reggie it is bad.
The Nets FO was retarded not to take our Gordon for Hump offer.
Gordon is a problem though that's why teams don't want to take him. He had the problems in Detroit and he has had them with the Cats. Teams are scared he will ruin the locker room and it isn't like the concerns are unreasonable.

Shabazz is a fat Kevin Martin

Kevin Martin has a really good first step though, Shabazz doesn't.

charsace

That was before people realized that he only played hard on offense, that he couldn't dribble, and that he won't pass.

Don't forget his terrible attitude, being a below the rim player, and lack of quicks and a first step. The one and done rule probably saved a few teams from making a mistake.

Top Bottom