• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

dalVlatko

Really makes no sense. Risking their star player's health when losing is more beneficial to their long term success. There isn't a single reason to play him outside of getting fans their moneys worth.

Problem is that he wants to play and fight through the injury

The coaching staff should put aside his ego and make him do weight training exercises, yoga, or whatever for the rest of the year to make sure these nagging injuries don't result in more serious ones in the future

Vahagn

I don't want this thread stuck in another vahagnhole, so I'll just laugh derisively at him.

hahahaha

Stay Classy.

But you decided to just talk shit and go over the top and then categorically misrepresent my position by using examples that don't really compare.

Whatever, you want Mitch to pry every available talent away from other teams, and I think we can do just fine without trading for coddled superstars with immaturity issues who's teams that drafted them desperately want them to stay. I guess having a difference of opinion on something as inconsequential as fake trades justifies you acting like a jackass.

Hey everyone!

Wilt should have stayed in Philly and Kareem should have stayed on The Bucks!

BWAHAHAHA

Really though, Wilt should have. Demanding a trade after being one game away from a title and blowing a 3-1 lead is pretty lame (and since he had just won his first ring just last year with the 76ers).

I know this is an annoying semantic argument that has nothing to do with your main point, but I had to respond.

Stay Classy.

But you decided to just talk shit and go over the top and then categorically misrepresent my position by using examples that don't really compare.

Whatever, you want Mitch to pry every available talent away from other teams, and I think we can do just fine without trading for coddled superstars with immaturity issues who's teams that drafted them desperately want them to stay. I guess having a difference of opinion on something as inconsequential as fake trades justifies you acting like a jackass.

EAD

Vahagn

Oh I'm sorry. Did you think you acting like a jackass in post after post after post while I addressed the issue without any personal insults was going to go on forever?

Sorry Moris that's not how real life works.

Now go back to cracking harmlessly funny jokes without having any intelligent opinion on actual basketball matters, it's what you do best.

...Now that's me, acting like a jackass to you

Really though, Wilt should have. Demanding a trade after being one game away from a title and blowing a 3-1 lead is pretty lame (and since he had just won his first ring just last year with the 76ers).

I know this is an annoying semantic argument that has nothing to do with your main point, but I had to respond.

That's a reasonable assessment, but as a Laker fan I obviously love that he came to LA.

Problem is that he wants to play and fight through the injury

The coaching staff should put aside his ego and make him do weight training exercises, yoga, or whatever for the rest of the year to make sure these nagging injuries don't result in more serious ones in the future

I think part of it is that he doesn't want the label of "injury prone" or "soft." I think he needs to get stronger so his body won't wear down so easily.

Oh I'm sorry. Did you think you acting like a jackass in post after post after post while I addressed the issue without any personal insults was going to go on forever?

Now go back to cracking harmlessly funny jokes without having any intelligent opinion on actual basketball matters, it's what you do best.

I'm not arguing with you because you've shown there's no point many times before. Everyone loses, especially people who don't give a shit about the topic at hand but are forced to read paragraphs of shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

There is no issue
You are acting like most Laker championships were created in the same way as the trade for D12

Yeah it's a preference but it's a weird and oddly bias one

Just say you don't like D12 and don't try to revise history or justify other lopsided deals

Vahagn is easily the worst, least intelligent poster in this thread that incessantly takes contrarian, impossibly stupid stances and mires NBAGAF in the least productive debates imaginable.

Vahagn

There is no issue
You are acting like most Laker championships were created in the same way as the trade for D12

Yeah it's a preference but it's a weird and oddly bias one

Just say you don't like D12 and don't try to revise history or justify other lopsided deals

Yea I'm not his biggest fan, clearly. But trading away Bynum for Dwight wasn't something I was averse to for any other reason than the one I mentioned. It was the right deal to do at the time, but just out of personal preference, It wasn't one I wanted. I would have much preferred the earlier Bynum for Melo deal that was rumored to be on the table because Melo was already traded to NY and I thought we would match up better with Miami and OKC.

Kobe/Magic/Jordan all had issues with coaching and management at one point that threatened to possibly see them leave the franchise they started playing with. I think the NBA was better for it that they eventually didn't and things got worked out. I was secretly hoping the Dwight thing ended up the same way and he stayed. But he got traded and that's that.

Vahagn is easily the worst, least intelligent poster in this thread that incessantly takes contrarian, impossibly stupid stances and mires NBAGAF in the least productive debates imaginable.

Sometimes I think this place is where all the kids who were bullied in school get together to try to get back at the world by acting like complete bully jackasses. And the bolded lulz...tells me so much

Calling Vag a contrarian troll is an insult to contrarian trolls like me. He's a Kobe Stan who has opinions on players that make Kobe look as good as possible. This can lead to many, many, many views contrary to the general opinion (and probably reality), but I don't think that makes him a contrarian.

Blackace

Yea I'm not his biggest fan, clearly. But trading away Bynum for Dwight wasn't something I was averse to for any other reason than the one I mentioned. It was the right deal to do at the time, but just out of personal preference, It wasn't one I wanted. I would have much preferred the earlier Bynum for Melo deal that was rumored to be on the table because Melo was already traded to NY and I thought we would match up better with Miami and OKC.

Kobe/Magic/Jordan all had issues with coaching and management at one point that threatened to possibly see them leave the franchise they started playing with. I think the NBA was better for it that they eventually didn't and things got worked out. I was secretly hoping the Dwight thing ended up the same way and he stayed. But he got traded and that's that.

Both Kobe and Magic threatened to sitout/pullout the draft if they didn't go to LA

And Orlando did match the Lakers' offer for Shaq

It's a really odd for you to be able to say that only of D12 and noone else

Vahagn

Both Kobe and Magic threatened to sitout/pullout the draft if they didn't go to LA

And Orlando did match the Lakers' offer for Shaq

It's a really odd for you to be able to say that only of D12 and noone else

You're right my bad. They low balled him first and then took a while to match. I think he got offended or something.

Either way, I think Dwight-mare was pretty unique in how ugly it got, and following up seeing LBJ, Bosh, Deron, Melo, CP3 all leave the teams they were drafted with in like two summers had an affect on my thinking about superstars staying on their teams. I was 11 when the Shaq signing happened, I didn't really have that kind of context or understanding about it.

Edit: This is all essentially a moot point he's been traded now and there's a whole new set of issues. I just didn't like being called dumb or randomly shit talked about for saying I like seeing superstars finish their whole careers with the team they started with.

The idea that the league is better when guys stay on the team that drafted them is silly and probably stems from Vahagn's Kobe obsession. Even tho The Hornets drafted him ssshhh.

CP
Melo
Bron
Bosh
Dwight
Deron
ZBo
Marc Gasol
Pau Gasol
Iggy
Harden
KG

all left their original team, I'm proably forgetung some. The league is just fine.

MJ Magic and Bird staying with one team was cool and all but so what. And did we forget Wizards MJ? Dream left Houston but he'll always be remembered as a Rocket.

PBY

Banned
You're right my bad. They low balled him first and then took a while to match. I think he got offended or something.

Either way, I think Dwight-mare was pretty unique in how ugly it got, and following up seeing , Bosh, Deron, Melo, CP3 all leave the teams they were drafted with in like two summers had an affect on my thinking about superstars staying on their teams. I was 11 when the Shaq signing happened, I didn't really have that kind of context or understanding about it.

really?

The idea that the league is better when guys stay on the team that drafted them is silly and probably stems from Vahagn's Kobe obsession.

CP
Melo
Bron
Bosh
Dwight
Deron
ZBo
Marc Gasol
Pau Gasol
Iggy
Harden
KG

all left their original team, I'm proably forgetung some. The league is just fine.

MJ Magic and Bird staying with one team was cool and all but so what. And did we forget Wizards MJ? Dream left Houston but he'll always be remembered as a Rocket.

I'm not a big fan of players in their prime leaving as free agents. I'm not opposed to their right to do it or anything, just don't like the whole concept of it.

And star players changing teams is nothing new (even in their prime or still really good). Barkley, Rodman, Webber, Moses Malone, Wilt, etc.

Vahagn

The idea that the league is better when guys stay on the team that drafted them is silly and probably stems from Vahagn's Kobe obsession. Even tho The Hornets drafted him ssshhh.

CP
Melo
Bron
Bosh
Dwight
Deron
ZBo
Marc Gasol
Pau Gasol
Iggy
Harden
KG

Yea I mean the league will be just fine as long as great players are playing and we can debate about whether parity is a good thing or a bad thing. As for Hakeem and MJ, they already won chips with their team, they played when they were old on other teams cuz they just weren't ready to hang em up.

I think there's a pretty distinct difference between what Dwight did, how close he got to a chip, how much in his prime he was, how badly Orlando wanted to keep him, how he got the FO and coach fired, as compared to most of those guys.

And it's not just Kobe. Kobe, West, Magic, Jordan, Bird, Timmy, Nowitzki, Russell, Hakeem all stayed with their teams and won chips. Maybe a couple of those guys played the tail end of their careers cuz they weren't ready to let the game go, I think that's different.

He wanted Dwight to stay in ORL, didn't want Dwight leaving his OG team.

Would have been fine with Bynum for Melo despite Melo forcing his way out of Denver.

Dude is just manipulating reality to fit his narrative.

Again, you're thinking I didn't want Dwight cuz I was mad at him or something. And why was I not equally as mad at Melo? No, I wanted Melo because I thought we matched up better, and because the opportunity of him staying with the same franchise his whole career and winning chips was gone by that point. If Dwight was traded to Brooklyn and signed with us after, I wouldn't care. Just a wistful personal preference.

Blackace

Although Abdul-Jabbar always spoke well of Milwaukee and its fans, he said that being in the Midwest did not fit his cultural needs and requested a trade to either New York or Los Angeles in October 1974

lol it is far from new business with the Lakers

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think a player like Kyrie needs to just rest for 2 - 4 months. He can ride the bike and shoot around a bit but no basketball.
So many of these youngs guys come up and haven't taken any time off to let their growing bodies rest in literally years.
If you include high school ball, club team, camps, summer leagues, regular season, Olympics that is just non stop work.
If he wants his body to get better he needs to rest.

Doug may go home an be an family man soon.

Apparently he is tired of Bynum's (and the entire team's) shit and apparently called him a lazy fucktard who hasn't tried hard to come back.

Just a rumor for now so I'm not sure.

I glad...for Doug at the very least

Collins get tuned out quickly. Back to the booth, buddy.

Top Bottom