• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Rumors out there that Doug Collins will resign at the end of the season

Mostly because of complete salt over the Bynum trade.

knux are you okay?

Hope Collins comes to the Wiz so he can kill Wall.

Rumors out there that Doug Collins will resign at the end of the season

Mostly because of complete salt over the Bynum trade.

knux are you okay?

Hope Collins comes to the Wiz so he can kill Wall.

Wall gives too little fucks.

Doug can only destroy mentally weak or emotional guys like Kwame and Turner.

Now Larry?

He'd have Wall cutting both of his wrist by game 10.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wall gives too little fucks.

Doug can only destroy mentally weak or emotional guys like Kwame and Turner.

Now Larry?

He'd have Wall cutting both of his wrist by game 10.

Larry would have Wall turning tricks up in the press booth during preseason games

Jeff-DSA

Houston plays GSW
and Utah plays Chi
while LA plays Toronto at home.

LA is so in the playoffs, you had your first round sweep last year let LA get in on that action.

Stern is ready to call in the fix. He wants G-TYME in the playoffs. Old man Kobe has had his run, it's time for the Mamba Slayer to get the spotlight.

Stern is ready to call in the fix. He wants G-TYME in the playoffs. Old man Kobe has had his run, it's time for the Mamba Slayer to get the spotlight.

The idea that The Jazz would be a harder out than LA is pretty funny too.

They have almost identical records against teams above .500, with LA's being negligibly better and LA only recently being any good.

Jazz play like crap on the road (they make up for it by being really solid at home) and are fielding a very young team that will certainly get shook a bit by the grander stage (like GTYME last year)

Dwight is getting healthier everyday, Pau will be back and the games will be a slower pace.

LA is probably getting swept but not as badly as Utah did last year.

I used a lot of words to basically say LA won't get as badly murdered as Utah.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That look.

iQbjyZodLA8HO.gif

diehard

Fleer
The idea that The Jazz would be a harder out than LA is pretty funny too.

They have almost identical records against teams above .500, with LA's being negligibly better and LA only recently being any good.

Jazz play like crap on the road (they make up for it by being really solid at home) and are fielding a very young team that will certainly get shook a bit by the grander stage (like GTYME last year)

Dwight is getting healthier everyday, Pau will be back and the games will be a slower pace.

LA is probably getting swept but not as badly as Utah did last year.

I used a lot of words to basically say LA won't get as badly murdered as Utah.

I think it depends on who they would play.

Both teams could have a entertaining and decent showing against the Clips.

Not that it matters, Jazz arent making the playoffs and i called it like 3 weeks ago. Damn me for always being right.

I look forward to more of the "core 4" next year.. unless we do something to screw that up like re-sign Jefferson or something.

dalVlatko

Kyrie got shut down for the rest of the season.

Bob Finnan @BobCavsinsider

Cavs say Kyrie Irving won't be shut down. Coach Byron Scott said he would consider doing it if Irving's knee continues to bother him

Apparently he didn't tell the team that his knee was hurting

fuck it, shut him down and get the tank back up and running. No point in playing hurt.

Apparently he didn't tell the team that his knee was hurting

fuck it, shut him down and get the tank back up and running. No point in playing hurt.

Really makes no sense. Risking their star player's health when losing is more beneficial to their long term success. There isn't a single reason to play him outside of getting fans their moneys worth.

Vahagn

I get what youu said in your earlier post, he needs to stop and own up to his inner douchebag. Shard Lewis and Hedo are PED trash, Jameer is a fraud, JJ wasn't any good when they were in striking distance of a chip, Rafer is dead, Courtney Lee still hasn't recovered my Kobe's mind fuck and Vince Carter and Gilbert were chumps in ORL. Gortat, his back up, and JJ are the only worthwhile NBA talent from those teams. Maybe Earl Clark too lol.

The comments that are dumb are the ones like vag 'I never wanted him here' oh shut the fuck up. I'm sure that Bynum Mcroberts for Dwight and Earl Clark trade really upset him.

and the various 'I knew he wasn't shit' as if coming back from back surgery is some nonissue.

I said time and time again before the trade went down that I never wanted him here because I wanted him to stay in Orlando. That I thought the league was better when superstars stayed on their teams and built legacies. And that the reason I wanted D Will was because he was already traded to the Nets so that didn't apply to him.

But yea, keep acting like I said I didn't want Dwight cuz he wasn't a good basketball player. The best thing trading Dwight did was stop us from paying Bynum a 100 million which we were on track to do before the trade and I was against. I was glad Mitch pulled it off just for that alone. The prospect of a 100% Dwight learning from Kobe and taking over the franchise was also a pretty fun thing to think about back when it first happened.

And while I've been pissed at Dwight time and time again this year for his attitude, effort, and lack of any offensive game, I've also said if we sign him - no big deal. After next year our payroll is at like zero, we can afford to give a guy 20 mil and let him play his prime years here hoping he recovers. But if we walks? Fine with me.

I said time and time again before the trade went down that I never wanted him here because I wanted him to stay in Orlando. That I thought the league was better when superstars stayed on their teams and built legacies. And that the reason I wanted D Will was because he was already traded to the Nets.

But yea, keep acting like I said I didn't want Dwight cuz he wasn't a good basketball player. The best thing trading Dwight did was stop us from paying Bynum a 100 million which we were on track to do before the trade and I was against.

And while I've been pissed at Dwight time and time again this year for his attitude, effort, and lack of any offensive game, I've also said if we sign him no big deal. After next year our payroll is at like zero, we can afford to give a guy 20 mil and let him play his prime years here hoping he recovers. But if we walks? Fine with me.

Jesus christ you really can't respond to anyone without using a strawman.

Regardless of why you never wanted him, it's dumb.

Would you go back in time and not sign Shaq because you'd perfer he stay in ORL, the team that drafted him? FUCK THAT NOISE. I want Mitch to pry the best player away from every team if possible.

PBY

Banned

Would you go back in time and not sign Shaq because you'd perfer he stay in ORL, the team that drafted him? FUCK THAT NOISE. I want Mitch to pry the best player away from every team if possible.

Was about to say the bolded. I think I disagree with Vag about every facet of bball. Literally every aspect.

Kyrie Irving's right knee is still bothering him, that much he admits. But he isn't about to let it keep him from playing. And if it's OK with the star point guard, it's OK with the Cavaliers.

Irving missed three games last week with what the Cavs called a sore/hyperextended right knee, suffered in practice. A follow-up MRI on the knee confirmed it was nothing more serious.

"The only way I would get better is if I sit out for the rest of the season," he said. "I'm not doing that."

Of course, this whole issue took on a life of its own at practice Thursday. In a world of social media and a society that really seems to enjoy freaking out, that's really not a major surprise.

It's not a new injury, it's the same one. He's just playing with some pain, now.

Vahagn

Good for you. I'm not dumb cuz I like players staying on their teams, it's a matter of preference just like you're not "dumb" because you like forming superteams. Get over yourself.

And, the Shaq thing was different. He was a free agent, Orlando didn't want to match LA's offer. Dwight forced his way out of Orlando irrespective of money. I never said I don't want teams to bid for free agents did I? But hey, I'm the one using a straw man.

Good for you. I'm not dumb cuz I like players staying on their teams, it's a matter of preference just like you're not "dumb" because you like forming superteams. Get over yourself.

And, the Shaq thing was different. He was a free agent, Orlando didn't want to match LA's offer. Dwight forced his way out of Orlando irrespective of money. I never said I don't want teams to bid for free agents did I? But hey, I'm the one using a straw man.

You are dumb.

We shouldn't have traded for Pau either, I bet that Bynum/Lamar package for CP3 got you real mad too.

But I'm sure you'll rationalize how they were different situations somehow.

shit news about Kyrie. Is he officially injury prone?

I don't think you get a true injury prone label until you start missing games in 20 game chunks with regularity + season enders.

He's definitely on some Caron Butler shit in terms of regularly missing about 20 games a year on some dumb shit, but that's not that big of a deal considering the length of the season and those type of guys being available for playoff situations most of the time.

Vahagn

You are dumb.

We shouldn't have traded for Pau either, I bet that Bynum/Lamar package for CP3 got you real mad too.

LeSigh. Memphis wanted to trade for Pau, they made the decision to part ways. I never said once a franchise drafts someone, they should never ever ever ever trade him ever.

I said I like when SUPERSTARS stay on their franchises they're drafted with and win. But that means the franchise has to want them also. Not make a decision not to pay him as much as a competitor like Shaq's case or decide their time with the team had run it's course with Pau's.

Orlando didn't want to trade for Dwight, they were more or less forced to. And Bynum wasn't included in the CP3 package either, dude never publicly asked for a trade. His situation was somewhere in the middle between Deron's and Dwight's. Dwight publicly asked for a trade and told his team he didn't want to be there whereas CP3 and Deron didn't want to sign an extension and wanted to keep their options open so their teams traded them rather than deal with a headache.

It's not like CP3 forced his way out of the franchise or demanded where they got traded.

Keep using straw men though and being incapable of understanding nuance. Either way, we are where we are today, we traded for Dwight, got out of the Bynum trap. And whatever happens with Dwight, either way, I'm fine with it.

edit: People on this thread argued pretty heatedly about how Lebron's Decision and Dwight's Dwightmare weren't the same thing. That Lebron left via free agency and that Dwight sulked and forced his way out of the franchise after getting the entire FO and coach canned. And you go back and compare Dwight to Shaq who left via free agency because Orlando wouldn't match an offer sheet? Lol ok

Top Bottom