• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I already have my idea for the offseason thread and I've started to save pictures for it. So that'll happen like normal.

Good thing there's only like a month left in this season.

Y'all saltiness is palpable. Have fun grooming another big for LA.

Lakers fans thought they'd lose only 8 games... and they only got the 8th seed. Still smug as fuck. I'm glad you guys don't have the 7th seed, we wouldn't hear the end of it

Nori Chan

Lakers fans thought they'd lose only 8 games... and they only got the 8th seed. Still smug as fuck. I'm glad you guys don't have the 7th seed, we wouldn't hear the end of it
It's kinda the opposite of how the Knicks are doing. Tell me how would it feel that we will have the same seed you will have at the start of be playoffs?

It got out of hand because he was the only star who ended up leaving that didn't have his mind made up. Melo, Paul and Bosh kept their mouths shut because they had their minds made up. Dwight caused drama because he actually had interest in returning to Orlando.

Not sure if that reasoning gives him any brownie points at all, but I think there's at least a degree of loyalty there that shouldn't be overlooked...

I only saw it as a man trying to micromanage his public image.

Vahagn

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
The Magic will not do a video tribute of D12 tonight, but they will have highlights from their 12/2/12 win in L.A.

good.

Holy crap are they gonna show him bricking free throws in the clutch all night?

Ultimate troll. I said it, that organization loathes him.

Kobe was basically like Dwight in that he was tired of getting shit on by LAL fans and media. Remember when he was booed at staples? It was basically the exact same as the Dwight situation. Difference being that the LA front office was like yo, lets all actually keep our jobs by improving the situation. Magic FO just panicked, leaked everything, and imploded, and Dwight reacted to that.

Kobe would have forced his way out and probably done a back and forth if Mitch didn't get Pau.

Not saying Dwight didn't act bitch made, just showing the difference can be in the FO because the LAL/Magic situations were very similar.

Kobe was boo'd after he demanded a trade and then was cheered later in the same game. That was opening night and it was a reaction to saying he would rather play on Pluto than in LA.

Also Kobe never did any waffling act. He straight up came out and demanded a trade if they didn't improve during the offseason. Dwight did his whole "I want to be here, I want to be in Brooklyn" bullshit all season long. While you're right to say the two front offices handled it differently, Kobe and Dwight were not the same. Kobe was more like Melo who demanded a trade but still played hard until the trade happened, told everyone that he won't talk about it, and went about his biz. Even Lebron handled the season better than Dwight (his poor handling came with the way he flamed out in the playoffs by quitting and then faking the interviews + that horrible Decision special).

Dwight handled his shit so bad, Orlando has every right to be upset.

Fox318

Carmelo demanded a trade, but only to one team. And the saga went on for months.

That episode was awful.

n8AI4Fb.gif

Carmelo demanded a trade, but only to one team. And the saga went on for months.

That episode was awful.

yes, but he handled it right. He said he wanted to play in NY, said his piece and wouldn't talk about it anymore, and then played hard until the trade.

It took forever and many back and forth trade negotiations (including with the Nets) but he didn't play around with it.

How he handled it was fine. "Trade me to NY or I'll go there in the summer. No more questions."

Dwight did the same exact shit. WAH WAH BROOKLYN WAH.

No way. Dwight had his 3 team list. Then he talked about maybe staying. Then going. then staying. He never just came out and said what he wanted, stuck to it, and shut up. Plus Stan Van Gundy crap.

Vahagn

Kobe was boo'd after he demanded a trade and then was cheered later in the same game. That was opening night and it was a reaction to saying he would rather play on Pluto than in LA.

Also Kobe never did any waffling act. He straight up came out and demanded a trade if they didn't improve during the offseason. Dwight did his whole "I want to be here, I want to be in Brooklyn" bullshit all season long. While you're right to say the two front offices handled it differently, Kobe and Dwight were not the same. Kobe was more like Melo who demanded a trade but still played hard until the trade happened, told everyone that he won't talk about it, and went about his biz. Even Lebron handled the season better than Dwight (his poor handling came with the way he flamed out in the playoffs by quitting and then faking the interviews + that horrible Decision special).

Dwight handled his shit so bad, Orlando has every right to be upset.

I agree with everything except that. Kobe played hard every night, he has no idea what it's like to not go hard. Melo was mailing half that season in. He wasn't even pretending to try on defense at all despite being in his athletic prime and his effort level was inconsistent. He'd play hard some nights, but other nights it looked like he was more concerned with his dinner plans than the game.

If you're going to go public with your trade demand, I think Kobe handled it the best possible way. Didn't talk about it once the season started, played his ass off, gave the team a chance to improve the roster around him, and most importantly, he kept his word. They got him help, he got the franchise titles. That vindicates much of what Kobe did imo.

I agree with everything except that. Kobe played hard every night, he has no idea what it's like to not go hard. Melo was mailing half that season in. He wasn't even pretending to try on defense at all despite being in his athletic prime and his effort level was inconsistent. He'd play hard some nights, but other nights it looked like he was more concerned with his dinner plans than the game.

If you're going to go public with your trade demand, I think Kobe handled it the best possible way. Didn't talk about it once the season started, played his ass off, gave the team a chance to improve the roster around him, and most importantly, he kept his word. They got him help, he got the franchise titles. That vindicates much of what Kobe did imo.

lol, that's how Melo always plays.

Tim and Kawhi reportedly didn't make the trip to Minny. Spurs have been doing that a lot on 1 day road trips this season. I like it.

Our starting lineup?:

Corey Joseph
Gary Neal
Danny Green
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter

lol

Minny has no AK, Love, or Pek so we'll probably still win, but on a b2b in Minnesota it could be interesting. Pop likes a challenge for dat FITTY

Vahagn

Tim and Kawhi reportedly didn't make the trip to Minny. Spurs have been doing that a lot on 1 day road trips this season. I like it.

Our starting lineup?:

Corey Joseph
Gary Neal
Danny Green
Boris Diaw
Tiago Splitter

lol

Minny has no AK, Love, or Pek so we'll probably still win, but on a b2b in Minnesota it could be interesting. Pop likes a challenge for dat FITTY

I love how Pop just straight doesn't care. You would think he doesn't care about winning games even though he does, it's just insane.

Vahagn

He doesn't care about the regular season, and why should he.

If he just rested players to save them for the playoffs that would be one thing. What Pop does, is rest players, and then proceed to beat teams with his bench. He's essentially so damn cocky that he thinks he can beat anyone anywhere with any 8 guys he chooses to play and it's fucking awesome

Vahagn

D'Antoni the last few games has mentioned getting Pau back as the final piece of the puzzle in every press conference. It's a little strange since he basically tried to avoid talking about him for the majority of the season.

I'm holding out hope that he's finally figured out how he plans to use him.

I have a feeling Dwight is gonna have a below average game due to his mind being full of fuck. I'd love for him to have a 'fuck all y'all' type performance, but he ain't that dude.

Vahagn

I have a feeling Dwight is gonna have a below average game due to his mind being full of fuck. I'd love for him to have a 'fuck all y'all' type performance, but he ain't that dude.

Plus they used Hack a Dwight before, they'll for sure use it here to the fans' delight. I'm saying he shoots below 40% today from the line.

Mahonay

Banned
If he just rested players to save them for the playoffs that would be one thing. What Pop does, is rest players, and then proceed to beat teams with his bench. He's essentially so damn cocky that he thinks he can beat anyone anywhere with any 8 guys he chooses to play and it's fucking awesome
That's why I fucking love coach Pop too. I think he has to be in the discussion when talking about GOAT for head coaching. He's a god damn savant. Acts like "whatever, none of this shit matters" then just dominates teams in the regular season.

I'd love to see him and Timmy get one more championship. I think it's at least possible this year with the level of play they're getting from people on that team.

Top Bottom