• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

You're probably doing him a favor. Now he can just blame you if anyone complains about it to him, "hey, look, I told Kyoto, what more can I do?"

You know, if their backups kept failing and dumping all their advanced stats that would explain a lot about the Isiah era.

Dominican Power said:
Colangelo is still your GM.

Yeah...

Speaking of which, it's time for the annual role player max MLE shopping spree:

Raptors Expected to Pursue Carl Landry

The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Carl Landry this offseason if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to a source.

The Raptors will seek a veteran power forward this summer.

Amir Johnson has had a breakout season for Toronto at the power forward position and are also looking for a resolution to the Andrea Bargnani situation.

"Hey Carl, want to come off the bench for the Toronto Raptors? No? Okay, here's way more money than you should ever see. Here, have a seat next to Landry Fields. See if you guys can get him to feel his arm again."

What the fuq? As a fellow New Mexican you are wrong. I really don't eat Mexican in ABQ but where I live that shit is straight from the border.

And by that, I mean its awesome.

States boarding Mexico have great Mexican food...for obvious reasons. I have heard many times that NY Mexican is trash and Florida might be worse.

And Chinese food that most New Yorkers fawn over is crap too, that shit takeout style Chinese food is like McDonalds of Chinese food.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Isn't most of NY's latin population made up of Puerto Ricans and Florida of Cubans?

Screw you guys, now I have to go out and get a burrito from a chain which has never touched the hands of any of the 300 Mexicans in Toronto.

It's still gonna be good.

States boarding Mexico have great Mexican food...for obvious reasons. I have heard many times that NY Mexican is trash and Florida might be worse.

And Chinese food that most New Yorkers fawn over is crap too, that shit takeout style Chinese food is like McDonalds of Chinese food.

I can't defend NY Mexican food or the Knicks after yesterday's abomination, but I gotta stand up for our Chinese food. The best NY American Chinese (read: takeout Chinese) in NYC is better than everyone's, and is fairly ubiquitous; granted, not all 9 jillion takeout joints are great, but there is guaranteed to be one in your 'hood that crushes whatever you can get outside of NYC...and even the average ones are much better than the average stuff elsewhere.

And then the *actual* Chinese food/dim sum that you can find in the city's various Chinatowns (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens)? C'mon man...unless you're talking some Michelin ranked art food crap from possibly LA, no one in the US is touching it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Home would mean hes going to be welcomed back.

He's not. I really hope hes not actually delusional enough to think people are going to cheer for him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can't defend NY Mexican food or the Knicks after yesterday's abomination, but I gotta stand up for our Chinese food. The best NY American Chinese (read: takeout Chinese) in NYC is better than everyone's, and is fairly ubiquitous; granted, not all 9 jillion takeout joints are great, but there is guaranteed to be one in your 'hood that crushes whatever you can get outside of NYC...and even the average ones are much better than the average stuff elsewhere.

Gimme some recommendations! I've yet to have good chinese food in NYC and have pretty much given up. That or I just prefer Thai.

And then the *actual* Chinese food/dim sum that you can find in the city's various Chinatowns (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens)? C'mon man...unless you're talking some Michelin ranked art food crap from possibly LA, no one in the US is touching it.

I'm pretty sure most experts agree that San Fran kills everyone when it comes to Chinese food, both cheap and authentic due to its immigration history and large sustained population.

Eh, at least Dwight gave Orlando 7.5 years or whatever and got them to the finals. Dude was clearly conflicted or he never would have opted in for the final year.

GM decisions were beyond bad towards the end--picking up the Arenas contract, trading for bitch made Wince instead of being patient, bringing back Turks corpse, etc.

And realize that most superstars during this era were getting sick of getting their shit pushed in by superteams. Paul bailed, Melo did, Wade/Bron/Bosh factor, etc. So why should Dwight have been the one scrub stuck running on a treadmil getting worked by overmatched squads?

Not exactly defending him, but Dwight got swept up in the changing era...

commish

Eh, at least Dwight gave Orlando 7.5 years or whatever and got them to the finals. Dude was clearly conflicted or he never would have opted in for the final year.

GM decisions were beyond bad towards the end--picking up the Arenas contract, trading for bitch made Wince instead of being patient, bringing back Turks corpse, etc.

And realize that most superstars during this era were getting sick of getting their shit pushed in by superteams. Paul bailed, Melo did, Wade/Bron/Bosh factor, etc. So why should Dwight have been the one scrub stuck running on a treadmil getting worked by overmatched squads?

I think most people have a problem with how he handled the situation, not that he left.

I think most people have a problem with how he handled the situation, not that he left.

It got out of hand because he was the only star who ended up leaving that didn't have his mind made up. Melo, Paul and Bosh kept their mouths shut because they had their minds made up. Dwight caused drama because he actually had interest in returning to Orlando.

Not sure if that reasoning gives him any brownie points at all, but I think there's at least a degree of loyalty there that shouldn't be overlooked...

Canuck76

Banned

Oregon actually has spectacular Mexican food. I'd put it on par with any state's hispanic food any day.

Chinese food... not so much

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah I don't have a problem with him leaving its all the bullshit that surrounded the last year.

It got out of hand because he was the only star who ended up leaving that didn't have his mind made up. Melo, Paul and Bosh kept their mouths shut because they had their minds made up. Dwight caused drama because he actually had interest in returning to Orlando.

Not sure if that reasoning gives him any brownie points at all, but I think there's at least a degree of loyalty there that shouldn't be overlooked...

He never wanted to stay. Ever. Dude just wanted to bail without getting the Lebron treatment. He just couldn't accept the fact that people would dislike him no matter what and then basically continued to make shit worse and worse. Like the biggest cunt in the world.

PBY

Banned

I hate discussing this kind of stuff because we never really know what the superstar is thinking, and its all rumors/projecting/etc- but my sense was that he had his mind made up and wanted to do whatever it took to leave without Orlando hating him.

Dwight handled the situation like a punk, that's why Orlando hates him.

Orlando was run terribly but he could have been a man about it and no one would blame him.

"The FO is a joke and I don't want to waste my prime somewhere that doesn't know what it's doing."

commish

I hate discussing this kind of stuff because we never really know what the superstar is thinking, and its all rumors/projecting/etc- but my sense was that he had his mind made up and wanted to do whatever it took to leave without Orlando hating him.

This is 100% how I saw it too. I know this because I've acted similarly with break-ups in the past, haha.

This is 100% how I saw it too. I know this because I've acted similarly with break-ups in the past, haha.

pretty sure we all have lol

I actually think the FO did a good job of making a villain out of Dwight though. The feeling I got was that yea he wanted to go to Brooklyn but a part of him wanted to stay in Orlando. FO played on this because they wanted him and also hated the Nets offer. If Dwight was going to stay he wanted certain changes made for the team and the team basically leaked everything like him wanting changes to the coaching staff. They told him certain things would be done to get him to cancel the early termination portion of his contract.

After he signed it the FO were like yo fuck all that shit we said, Dwight got wind of it, got raged and went full Favre.

I don't think Dwight is innocent but the FO was a big culprit as well.

Vahagn

Steve Nash left to the hated Lakers and got a standing ovation, video ovation, and will have his jersey number retired. How you leave means more to fans and the organization then if you leave.

Dwight backstabbed EVERYONE in the Orlando organization. He back-stabbed Stan, He back-stabbed the FO by telling the Media he didn't ask for Stan to get fired when he did. He back-stabbed the owner by reportedly telling him that he'll stay for the full length of his contract after opting in (which is why they considered firing Stan and Otis in the first place).

He literally back-stabbed everyone and then tried to talk his way out of it to the media. There's a reason why his number was given to some chump the very next season. That's pretty much unprecedented for a franchise player. That organization loathes him. Not even Dan Gilbert pulled that Jersey number stunt with Lebron.

He literally back-stabbed everyone and then tried to talk his way out of it to the media. There's a reason why his number was given to some chump the very next season. That's pretty much unprecedented for a franchise player. That organization loathes him. Not even Dan Gilbert pulled that Jersey number stunt with Lebron.

Nothing you said isn't anything that Kobe hasn't done. Difference is that Mitch saved his job by getting Pau and making the team competitive. Dwight wanting Stan fired was just leaked by management. Shit, Stan even confirmed it. Difference between Mitch/Lakers FO and Otis/Magic FO was that Otis couldn't do with Mitch did because they didn't have an ability to actually improve the team.

Toronto Star said:
Andrea Bargnani’s elbow injury could sideline him for another significant chunk of time.

The Raptors centre will undergo diagnostic testing on his elbow Monday after he aggravated it during Friday night’s 118-116 overtime loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.

Glad he found a way to make himself less tradeable. I'd hate for the Andrea Bargnani saga to end. They haven't thrown away enough seasons trying to develop him or raise his trade value or whatever. I feel like they could get at least another two years' mileage out of that one.

Vahagn

Nothing you said isn't anything that Kobe hasn't done. Difference is that Mitch saved his job by getting Pau and making the team competitive. Dwight wanting Stan fired was just leaked by management. Shit, Stan even confirmed it. Difference between Mitch/Lakers FO and Otis/Magic FO was that Otis couldn't do with Mitch did because they didn't have an ability to actually improve the team.

While I would have liked Dwight to stay in Orlando as I've said a bunch of times, the bolded is absolutely true but that's only in retrospect. The Magic let Hedo go and traded for Vince within a few weeks of losing in the finals. They clearly thought they were giving Dwight a premiere wing player to play with and most people at the time thought the trade was a step up for the team. Lewis got caught with PED's which hurt them in the beginning and the team made the ECF but ran into a Boston team with Perk who basically shut down Dwight.

Vince Winced at the FT line, it all went downhill from there. But the FO definitely added talent the summer after the Finals trip, Boston was just a better team that year. Than the Decision happened and Orlando had no chance of competing with Miami for the coming years.

And the obvious difference is, Kobe never actually got traded. He stopped his "trade me" stance before LA even got Pau, when they started off hot before Bynum got injured. No one would hate Dwight if he opted in, played hard as hell this season, and signed an extension. Which is what Kobe did.

h3ro

It was a steak burrito from Burrito Bandido made by an Indian dude and it was spicy and delicious.

Speaking of which, Toronto is the one of the few cities that can rival NY for top tier Indian food.

I feel like Mexican food is one of the few areas where NY doesn't dominate. When it comes to Chinese/Indian/Middle Eastern and of course Italian food, you can be sure to get fantastic meal in NY (not necessarily just Manhattan, Queens and BK are damn good as well).

And the obvious difference is, Kobe never actually got traded. He stopped his "trade me" stance before LA even got Pau, when they started off hot before Bynum got injured. No one would hate Dwight if he opted in, played hard as hell this season, and signed an extension. Which is what Kobe did.

Kobe was basically like Dwight in that he was tired of getting shit on by LAL fans and media. Remember when he was booed at staples? It was basically the exact same as the Dwight situation. Difference being that the LA front office was like yo, lets all actually keep our jobs by improving the situation. Magic FO just panicked, leaked everything, and imploded, and Dwight reacted to that.

Kobe would have forced his way out and probably done a back and forth if Mitch didn't get Pau.

Not saying Dwight didn't act bitch made, just showing the difference can be in the FO because the LAL/Magic situations were very similar.

exarkun

Did DY write this?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/53562/will-daryl-moreys-trade-deadline-long-con-keep-this-years-rockets-from-the-playoffs

About T-Rob:

In four games, he’s already showing benefits from rinsing off the soul-sucking toxicity of the rotting Sacramento Kings franchise.

We’re talking about an infinitesimally tiny number of games here, but it’s stunning to see a player who had negative win shares for the year immediately become a decent contributor.

Robinson may never live up to his lottery pedigree or be a long-term solution in Houston, but it’s not difficult to see why Morey was intrigued by his potential. Even while trapped in the dystopian Maloof-mangled realm of Sacramento, Robinson averaged more than 10 rebounds per 36 minutes, a rate that put him near the bottom of the league’s top 20 glass-cleaners.

Also, Texas has the best mexican food because...we have a Mexican-owned Taqueria on each corner. The New England area has shockingly bad Mex food, often just changing the name from "Beef Wrap" to "Beef Burrito" with no chnage. Don't even use a tortilla.

Vahagn

Kobe was basically like Dwight in that he was tired of getting shit on by LAL fans and media. Remember when he was booed at staples? It was basically the exact same as the Dwight situation. Difference being that the LA front office was like yo, lets all actually keep our jobs by improving the situation. Magic FO just panicked, leaked everything, and imploded, and Dwight reacted to that.

Kobe would have forced his way out and probably done a back and forth if Mitch didn't get Pau.

Not saying Dwight didn't act bitch made, just showing the difference can be in the FO because the LAL/Magic situations were very similar.

There were similarities, and if Kobe did do the stuff Dwight did, and forced his way out, especially before he got those two last chips...he would be booed and his legacy would be different as well.

As for Orlando's FO, they made mistakes, sure. But they were ECF or better competitive for 2 years. After the Decision and the Miami Heat team, I give them a pass because nothing they could have possibly done would let them compete with Miami for 3-5 years. They took on contracts, they swung big trades, they tried to make their team better. But Vince totally fell apart after a great year in NJ, Lewis got busted for PED's and was never the same, Hedo bolted, Jameer never regained his All Star form after the shoulder surgery.

They guys they got just all regressed badly from 2009 to 2010 and after that, they weren't competing with Miami anyway. No one is competing with Miami in the East. Pat Riley broke the game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did DY write this?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/53562/will-daryl-moreys-trade-deadline-long-con-keep-this-years-rockets-from-the-playoffs

About T-Rob:

Also, Texas has the best mexican food because...we have a Mexican-owned Taqueria on each corner. The New England area has shockingly bad Mex food, often just changing the name from "Beef Wrap" to "Beef Burrito" with no chnage. Don't even use a tortilla.
I don't know who wrote it, but it was probably a great man

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
The Magic will not do a video tribute of D12 tonight, but they will have highlights from their 12/2/12 win in L.A.

good.

Top Bottom