• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Frankman: Your team lost tonight because you were extremely rude to me today. God (Stern) don't rude folk.

gvrO1.gif

masud

Banned
What is wrong with you? No seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

I can't handle this, I'm going to bed. I hope I don't have nightmares of people with poor taste.

Idk I just dont like it. Socal AZ and Texas Mexican is so much better. People wanna fight me out here when I tell them I can get better Mexican food in NYC lol.

I can't wait for the Insperation sports movie to be based off it.

They said he couldn't play.

Shot of Amar'e on the Bench

They said he couldn't attack the paint

Shot of sad Novak

But together they bond and form an unstoppable team

Shot of Woodson grinning

but when the times got tough

JR Smith miss and Amar'e in the hospital

They stood tall and conqured the game of Basketball

Winning Finals

Team of Misfits

i would watch the shit out of this

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
umm, the Prince? hes an offensive liability tho and cant score more than 5 feet from the rim

I did mean who can be on the floor that match up with both Bron and Wade at the same time. If Luc is on Bron and then Monta or JJ is guarding Wade we are still well screwed.
It will be interesting.

Dwight is taking less 13% of the Lakers' FGA this season. Much less than the last couple seasons. Bucher doesn't what he's talking about, as usual.

Playing with Kobe is not even an excuse when Metta World Peace gets more FGA than Dwight.

Anyone who says Antoni is doing a good job can be safely ignored anyway.

I think it's unfair to look simply at FGA. I mean, how much more do you want to put the ball in Dwight's hands when he's getting the 2nd most touches in the paint. The problem with FGA is it's not counting the times Dwight gets the ball stripped or caught the ball inside and decided to pass the ball back out. But, I do agree, mostly, that Dwight isn't being used AS effectively as he was in ORL, notwithstanding injury.

anyone can beat the heat twice in a seven game series. all it takes is shooting percentages to be out of the norm for the bottom teams

the heat should sweep the bucks but yeah they might get lucky and get a game or two. hell, philly took one two years ago

Baby Milo

I can't wait for the Insperation sports movie to be based off it.

They said he couldn't play.

Shot of Amar'e on the Bench

They said he couldn't attack the paint

Shot of sad Novak

But together they bond and form an unstoppable team

Shot of Woodson grinning

but when the times got tough

JR Smith miss and Amar'e in the hospital

They stood tall and conqured the game of Basketball

Winning Finals

Team of Misfits

ghaOq0g.jpg

linsivvi

I think it's unfair to look simply at FGA. I mean, how much more do you want to put the ball in Dwight's hands when he's getting the 2nd most touches in the paint. The problem with FGA is it's not counting the times Dwight gets the ball stripped or caught the ball inside and decided to pass the ball back out. But, I do agree, mostly, that Dwight isn't being used AS effectively as he was in ORL, notwithstanding injury.

His turnover, assist and offensive rebound are all in line with the last 2 seasons after factoring in the reduced minutes. His FTA has dropped despite shooting a career low FT%. So I think it's safe to say he's simply not getting as many touches as he used to. Getting the 2nd most touches in the paint in the league is meaningless when you look at the sorry state of centers.

Does it have anything to do with his injuries? Perhaps. But if you look at this 8 man rotation that Pringles has settled in, he'd often play Dwight with 4 scrubs on the floor, none of them capable to put the ball in Dwight's hand except maybe a couple plays from Blake every game. Why rest Nash and Kobe together when one of them should be on the floor at all times to run the offense? Why play Dwight when he's not getting the ball anyway?

The whole article was Bucher defending Mike Antoni against Phil Jackson and he questioned why no stats head pointed out Phil was wrong. That's because Phil wasn't wrong, at all.

I was on a date, so I missed the game. Glad the Spurs pulled it out without TP. Looking at the box score, wtf? Why is YNB shooting it 27 times while Durant doent's even get 15 shots? Glad to see Cory Joseph play another game without committing a turnover. I'm starting to hope he gets more back up time behind TP. He won't win us games we're behind in, but I don't think he'll lose us games where we are in front.

Also, the best part of the box score for me last night? A DNP for Matt Bonner.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Actually his range has gotten better he's hit a few threes over the last few game. It shocked me also

Yeah but he needs about a week to get his shooting motion started. He isn't scoring against Lebron.
Every time I see Tobias Harris's stats I wonder why he didnt see the floor in Milwaukee. Big athletic guard, might have been a good fit actually.

Zach Lowe said:
Utah's willingness to slide back into the lottery, and its patience with young players. Dennis Lindsey is Utah's new GM, fresh from San Antonio (and Houston before that), which means things will start changing slowly in Utah. Among those changes: Multiple league sources who dealt with Utah ahead of the deadline insist the Jazz presented themselves as willing to take a step back next season and snag a solid pick in a loaded 2014 draft. That is in part Lindsey's influence, those sources say. And while that runs counter to the Jazz's desire to make the playoffs this season, this roster was already set when Lindsey arrived over the summer, and new front offices are sometimes cautious in flexing their muscles.

That's nice to hear.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9042169/al-jefferson-paul-millsap-tyrone-corbin-future-utah-jazz

Confused by the fact that people around the league think that Al Jefferson is a "real center" but Favors isn't. Favors is a pure center who spends all of his time in the paint and Al Jefferson plays like Joe Johnson most of the time and has no paint presence on defense.

Lowe also kind of destroys Al and Corbin and implies that the Jazz had no good trade offers for Millsap or Al.

Jeff-DSA

Idk I just dont like it. Socal AZ and Texas Mexican is so much better. People wanna fight me out here when I tell them I can get better Mexican food in NYC lol.

Well, it's because you're wrong. They say opinions can't be wrong, but yeah, your opinion is wrong.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There's literally one good Mexican restaurant in the GTA, and it's far outside of Toronto. Everything else ends up being a terrible burrito joint (Burrito Boyz, oh lawd) and a very trendy restaurant that charges $20 for four barely filled soft tacos.

I have no sympathy when my friends tell me there's no good Mexican places to eat in San Francisco.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
None in San Fran? I live in Alberta I so have zero first hand experience. But I have heard so much about the food trucks in SF I can't imagine them not having some excellent Mexican food.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
None in San Fran? I live in Alberta I so have zero first hand experience. But I have heard so much about the food trucks in SF I can't imagine them not having some excellent Mexican food.

I think it's mostly just locals that enjoy complaining about it and not being 'as good' as SoCal. Growing up in the north bay, I thought the Mexican food in the Mission was amazing.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think it's mostly just locals that enjoy complaining about it and not being 'as good' as SoCal. Growing up in the north bay, I thought the Mexican food in the Mission was amazing.

Comparing against excellence? Good plan.

Dark Souls just came onto Games on Demand on Xbox live. Sick of hearing about it, so I bought it. Hope I can handle it.

Jeff-DSA

Isn't La Puente supposed to be New Mexico food?

It's not though. They're just the same as every crappy and cheap Mexican food place. Red Iguana is closer, but still miles behind. You really can't properly copy New Mexican food, you have to get it from there.

xnipx

So apparently Westbrook is on pace to be the only player to lead his team in FGA while a teammate won the scoring title since 1955....
(Assuming KD wins it)

That's nice to hear.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9042169/al-jefferson-paul-millsap-tyrone-corbin-future-utah-jazz

Confused by the fact that people around the league think that Al Jefferson is a "real center" but Favors isn't. Favors is a pure center who spends all of his time in the paint and Al Jefferson plays like Joe Johnson most of the time and has no paint presence on defense.

Lowe also kind of destroys Al and Corbin and implies that the Jazz had no good trade offers for Millsap or Al.

It's really hard for me to believe that you guys got no offers for Al or Millsap. It's good to hear your FO is willing to build the right way and not spend all of your cap on overrated veterans. Hell if you want to get your mini-rebuild off to a good start I'd be willing to bet our GM would offer you our pick this year for Kanter or Favors.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
KD avg 17.9 FGA while Russell avg 18.8

Well my comment was more along the lines of "if you have an offensive machine like Durant, how can you justify shooting more than him?" I guess you could argue that Westbrook's aggressiveness opens things up for KD and allows better shots.

I just had to deal with one of the IT guys from Madison Square Garden at work. He was kind of an asshole. So I'm going to sit on his case all afternoon. #fucktheknicks #atlanticdivisionrivalry

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I just had to deal with one of the IT guys from Madison Square Garden at work. He was kind of an asshole. So I'm going to sit on his case all afternoon. #fucktheknicks #atlanticdivisionrivalry

All Knicks fans are assholes, confirmed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You're probably doing him a favor. Now he can just blame you if anyone complains about it to him, "hey, look, I told Kyoto, what more can I do?"

There's not a brush broad enough when describing Knicks fans, and I'm looking for something broader after their claims of better Mexican food in New York than in New Mexico.

What is so magical about New Mexico that makes their Mexican food better?

Top Bottom