• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

charsace

He's listed as 6'4 and at times looks 6'3. He's not a tall shooting guard, neither is Eric Gordon.

Your perception of reality is really fucking off bruh.

He's 6'4 3/4's in shoes and he has a 6'10 3/4 wingspan(that's a big man's wing span). He weighs around 220lbs. Wade is not undersized in any way.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He's 6'4 3/4's in shoes and he has a 6'10 3/4 wingspan(that's a big man's wing span). He weighs around 220lbs. Wade is not undersized in any way.

Do you fucking read?

Here, let me tell you again:

Wade is a relatively short shooting guard, as is Eric Gordon, but both of them are extremely athletic when healthy and have a big frame to them. Qualities that Rivers doesn't possess.

What are you arguing again?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That takes a lot of hope and extrapolation dude

Lillard isn't far away from being a franchise guy right now let alone 2-3 years. Drummond and MKG are a ways off.

Lillard's ability to finish in the paint is Rose/Kyrie-esque. He makes some gorgeous layups. But hes not greedy with it: he runs an offense that is far more efficient than it ought to be. Theres a swagger in him you rarely see in rookies; he plays like he owns the court. Not to mention his shot is great, and hes only going to get more efficient....the kid's ceiling is sky high.

Once POR surrounds Lillard + LMA with talent, they're gonna be scary. Believe that.
But he's not even better than Kemba yet

reilo

Every Bobcats guard in history has had some sort of excuse: Larry Brown, shitty teammates, MJ, Larry Brown, Paul Silas, Larry Brown, shitty teammates.

Dizzan

MINI Member
20 straight is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Pretty impressive. No way they can match the 34 or whatever it is from the Lakers though. Especially with 12 away games remaining.

reilo

Trail Blazers fans have long been regarded as a sharp, intelligent and understanding group.
And that's why I implore those at the Rose Garden tonight to go against their instinct to boo Raymond Felton.

Instead, cheer.

That's right, cheer the guy who shattered the Blazers' record for dribbles off his foot in a season. Cheer the guy who almost single-handily torpedoed a well-equipped roster by coming into training camp overweight and out of shape. Cheer the guy who said he would never throw his coach under the bus, then 24 days later, did just that. Cheer the guy who challenged the fans who did boo him to meet him at his apartment complex.

Cheer it all, because without Felton's decided inability to shoot, pass, or protect the ball last season, the Blazers and this city wouldn't now have the joy that is Damian Lillard.

Only with point guard play so bad that it created its own vocabulary -- surely you remember Feltdowns, Failtons, and F-Bombs -- could the Blazers have thrown in the towel so emphatically last season. Although nobody would dare touch Felton at the trade deadline, the blowup of the Blazers last March included the fleecing of the Nets, who took Gerald Wallace in exchange for some garbage contracts and their first-round pick, which gloriously turned out to be Lillard.

Bravo, Ray-Ray. It was your greatest assist of the season.

Shat. On.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...sider_rose_garden_should_cheer_the_retur.html

giri

Austin Rivers? More like Austin Langdon am i rite?!?

I fully expect to see Austin Rivers as an assistant coach or trainer at the celtic's (or what ever team his dad is coaching) once no-one picks up his next contract.

Really, that draft pick was thabeet bad.

reilo

What's even better, not only does Portland have a rookie point guard who is already better than Felton ever will be, but because of a trade exception gained in an offseason trade of Felton to the Knicks, the Blazers were able to obtain Eric Maynor at the trade deadline for nothing. Now the Blazers have two point guards better than Felton.

Yo, damn.

Vahagn

All of this Austin Rivers hate is awesome...so just to be clear, I'm the only guy here who thinks he'll even be playing in the league in 5 years? let alone be a productive player?

DY_nasty

He might be in the league in a few years but I think he'll end up overseas at some point.

His ceiling is Luke Ridnour - but he literally does nothing as well as SeniorYearinHighSchool Ridnour at the moment. He's gonna have to soul search to pull his head out of his ass... Only reason he stopped shooting was because he felt like a piece of shit and the reality that he sucks was starting to kick in. They needed him to shoot just to initiate offense in NO - he couldn't even take bad shots good.
I fully expect to see Austin Rivers as an assistant coach or trainer at the celtic's (or what ever team his dad is coaching) once no-one picks up his next contract.

Really, that draft pick was thabeet bad.

Thabeet?

He's the guard version of Joe Alexander

giri

Thabeet?

He's the guard version of Joe Alexander

Not saying he isn't, But everyone knew that Rivers pick was terrible, the same way they knew thabeet was terrible.

They were both expected busts, and they lived up to it.

Thabeet now has a serviceable role as a backup giving 10mpg. And that may be rivers future as well. But there are so many better guards in this league that i doubt it.

DY_nasty

Not saying he isn't, But everyone knew that Rivers pick was terrible, the same way they knew thabeet was terrible.

They were both expected busts, and they lived up to it.

Thabeet now has a serviceable role as a backup giving 10mpg. And that may be rivers future as well. But there are so many better guards in this league that i doubt it.

Thabeet will always have a job because he's 7ft tall.

Combo guards like Rivers are so easily replaceable though.

Vahagn

Dwight was asked which LA Celebrity he was most excited about seeing at Staples.

He said Charlize Theron...

...because he liked her in Snow White.

If he stopped at Charlize Theron it would be understandable, but he kept talking, and in normal Dwight fashion, put his foot in his mouth.

Dwight was asked which LA Celebrity he was most excited about seeing at Staples.

He said Charlize Theron...

...because he liked her in Snow White.

If he stopped at Charlize Theron it would be understandable, but he kept talking, and in normal Dwight fashion, put his foot in his mouth.

Any answer other than 'Jack' gets a 'cmon son' from me.

why are these games so close together?

get the shaming out of the way?

lol yeah its weird how we play all our games in the 2nd half of the year

also Wade is a shorter SG in height (6'4, barely that) but he has a 6'9ish wingspan

But for Hunter to tell us he's closer to 6'5, etc. etc. is lol

Top Bottom