• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jazz 28 pts at half... smh lol

Vahagn

Kobe was 6/24 with a chip on the line...what are you saying? Only thing I care about is the end result--the LAKERS won the championship.

Nothing I mentioned had anything to do with shooting in Finals games, anyway.

I'm saying that I can't even begin to view the guy through rose colored lenses like you, even though I've watched him since Day 1 in the league.

He is a special player, no question.

I can be objective when it comes to him where you self admittedly can't in the same way as a Kobe "superfan".

I agree. I talk to people about Michael and they have these glasses on that the dude was virtually without any fault.

It blows my mind.

Whoosh missed the point. It's ok though. The point is, detractors always remember the negative aspects of players. No one remembers just how much MJ chucked that game because no one cares to remember, he has no detractors. If Kobe pulled that off, there would be a contingent of people talking about him chucking, talking about "If he didn't shoot so poorly the whole game, he wouldn't have to hit a game winning shot" and all that nonsense.

And there's levels to being a superfan. There are people who think Kobe was the GOAT. There are people who think he's a top 15 all time player. Then there's the majority of people in between who think he's top 10 and best of his generation. I fit into that group.

Whoosh missed the point. It's ok though. The point is, detractors always remember the negative aspects of players. No one remembers just how much MJ chucked that game because no one cares to remember, he has no detractors. If Kobe pulled that off, there would be a contingent of people talking about him chucking, talking about "If he didn't shoot so poorly the whole game, he wouldn't have to hit a game winning shot" and all that nonsense. .

I got the point just fine.

Who gives a fuck what his detractors remember? History will remember June 17th, 2010 as the day that the Lakers won #16 and to a lesser degree Kobe won #5.

And there's levels to being a superfan. There are people who think Kobe was the GOAT. There are people who think he's a top 15 all time player. Then there's the majority of people in between who think he's top 10 and best of his generation. I fit into that group.

The majority of people do not think he is the best of his generation lol

Oh god nevermind, I don't want to have a Kobe argument with you. I thought you were making progress realizing your opinions are heavily skewed :/

Vahagn

The majority of people do not think he is the best of his generation lol

Oh god nevermind, I don't want to have a Kobe argument with you. I thought you were making progress realizing your opinions are heavily skewed :/

I should add Timmy to SA fans to the Master list up there. And yes, yes they do. With Timmy as a close second.

Top Bottom