• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Vahagn

The difference is I can see him as one of the greatest players to play the game and still think he is a douchebucket while super fans like yourself see him as Jesus in the flesh

Lol not true. Asking Laker fans who grew up watching him to trash him is like asking 80's Celtics fans to Bash Bird or Russell. It's silly. Jazz-Age jump to Malone's and Stockton's defense and overrate them like crazy, but I wouldn't expect anything different or blame them for doing that. Ditto for Laker Fans and Magic or 90's Bulls fans and Jordan. Rockets fans and Hakeem, etc.

Kobe's situation goes like this: Super Fans think he's a top 5 all time player. Normal Objective people see him as a top 10 all time player. People who hate him think he's outside the top 10 and debate whether T Mac or Dirk were better. Just silliness.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
deja fucking vu of last game against the Suns.

Classic Houston sports team.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dwight was asked which LA Celebrity he was most excited about seeing at Staples.

He said Charlize Theron...

...because he liked her in Snow White.

If he stopped at Charlize Theron it would be understandable, but he kept talking, and in normal Dwight fashion, put his foot in his mouth.

Still better than saying Monster

Philly's offense is more fucked up than Indy's

lmfao don't lay off the birdman!!!

I've never seen our bench react to a mid range jumper like that

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lol not true. Asking Laker fans who grew up watching him to trash him is like asking 80's Celtics fans to Bash Bird or Russell. It's silly. Jazz-Age jump to Malone's and Stockton's defense and overrate them like crazy, but I wouldn't expect anything different or blame them for doing that. Ditto for Laker Fans and Magic or 90's Bulls fans and Jordan. Rockets fans and Hakeem, etc.

Kobe's situation goes like this: Super Fans think he's a top 5 all time player. Normal Objective people see him as a top 10 all time player. People who hate him think he's outside the top 10 and debate whether T Mac or Dirk were better. Just silliness.

I don't think he is a top 5 player, he is a top 5 winner if that makes sense. But he is pretty much a top 10 player. At worst top 15... and TMac might have been better than Kobe for like 2 years of his shattered career.. But Tmac is like a top 80 player so it isn't even comparable..

Fans overrate players to a degree we all do.. But there is a point where you have to say so and so is who I like the best but he isn't the best

GTFOOH.

I didn't "grow up" watching Kobe but I have watched him for his entire career. I can and have critiqued the hell out of him.

He's far from perfect.

Plays hard, wants to win, ultra competitive, gifted but not the ideal team mate, doesn't know how to consistently motivate in a positive manner and childish at times.

Put it like this: I'm a fan of Kobe because he's a Laker, not the other way around.

Vahagn

GTFOOH.

I didn't "grow up" watching Kobe but I have watched him for his entire career. I can and have critiqued the hell out of him.

He's far from perfect.

Plays hard, wants to win, ultra competitive, gifted but not the ideal team mate, doesn't know how to consistently motivate in a positive manner and childish at times.

Put it like this: I'm a fan of Kobe because he's a Laker, not the other way around.

Everyone by definition is far from perfect. Even MJ was a ball hog and not the ideal team mate. The point is, If you came of age watching Jordan, Bird, Magic, Russell, Hakeem, Kobe on your favorite team for 10-15 years. You're not going to have the same opinions about that person as the normal objective fan that doesn't have that kind of sentiment. I don't think Kobe's perfect either, he can shoot poorly at times and he does shoot his team out of games at times and he isn't the best teammate either. But none of those things are going to be the focus of the things I think when I think of him.

Put it this way. Are you going to remember Jordan hoisting 35 FGA in game 6 1998 and shooting below 43%? or Are you going to remember the shot and his 6th ring?

Blackace

GTFOOH.

He's far from perfect.

At this point even if he was traded he will always be a Laker... Like the Dream, Mailman, GP, and Pat are to their old teams... And I like debates about players like how important defense is at the PG position and so on, but it gets silly thinking you can't realistically look at a player without bashing him..

lakers...

DouglasCartland.gif

Blackace

Put it this way. Are you going to remember Jordan hoisting 35 FGA in game 6 1998 and shooting below 43%? or Are you going to remember the shot and his 6th ring?
lol Jordan shot .429% and was 12 for 15 from the line with 45 points.. nothing shameful about that stat line at all... that has to be the worst example I have heard in awhile

This would be such a horrible loss. I thought they night lose when their normal team would play but against this C squad would be a wasted opportunity.

This is what happenes when you have almost no room for error.

Vahagn

lol Jordan shot .429% and was 12 for 15 from the line with 45 points.. nothing shameful about that stat line at all... that has to be the worst example I have heard in awhile

Kobe went like 33/8/7 against the Magic in the Finals for the series but detractors were writing about he only shot 43%. Same comparison basically. And 45 points on 35 shots isn't super efficient. If Jordan had any detractors, he doesn't, but if he did, people would be calling him a Ball Hog and a chucker that game.

Edit: Heck, people try to discredit Kobe's 81 point game because he shot 46 shots. not realizing that's 60% from the field and almost 2 points per shot. But like I said, Haters aren't objective, that's the illustration I was trying to draw.

Kobe was 6/24 with a chip on the line...what are you saying? Only thing I care about is the end result--the LAKERS won the championship.

Nothing I mentioned had anything to do with shooting in Finals games, anyway.

I'm saying that I can't even begin to view the guy through rose colored lenses like you, even though I've watched him since Day 1 in the league.

He is a special player, no question.

I can be objective when it comes to him where you self admittedly can't in the same way as a Kobe "superfan".

At this point even if he was traded he will always be a Laker... Like the Dream, Mailman, GP, and Pat are to their old teams... And I like debates about players like how important defense is at the PG position and so on, but it gets silly thinking you can't realistically look at a player without bashing him..

I agree. I talk to people about Michael and they have these glasses on that the dude was virtually without any fault.

It blows my mind.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets actually playing D now and good things happening.

Top Bottom