• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

dalVlatko

INJURY UPDATE: Cavaliers guard Dion Waiters OUT for approximately one week w/ left knee soreness.

Might require arthroscopic surgery and probably done for the season

Time to run the offense through Tristan Thompson...lol

Kobe called out Dwight? lol.

And Dwight did what Kobe did in demanding a trade and threw his team under the bus. Where the fuck were you?

I don't think Kobe is a "great teammate" like a lot of other guys, no. But he has friends, Ariza and Butler and Odom and fisher and Blake and Pau. Look how much Kobe goes to bat for Pau alone. And apparently people on the Olympic teams have loved him; him and melo are very good friends and talk all the time. To say everyone hates him just shows how much hate you have.

Kobe and Dwight are just fine. If there's a problem Dwight is having with anyone in that locker room, it's the coach.

Maybe you're still salty Kidd threw Dallas under the bus when he left.
i heard YNB and Durant couldnt stand him cause he was trying to stir shit up between them. sounded like a Kobe thing to do, I mean the man likes thinks of himself as a snake

i heard YNB and Durant couldnt stand him cause he was trying to stir shit up between them. sounded like a Kobe thing to do.
Jordan did mind games all the time to try and break his competition before he played them. Besides, going by the evidence it doesn't seem that hard to get into Westbrook's head.

Nah, Durant and YNB were pissed at Kobe because he was running his mouth about how they were going to get dwight and run shit.

Funny how that worked out..

All i can say is that i can't stand Dwight on offense. He should play like Ben Wallace, defense, picks and dunks.

His pathetic hook shots and jumpers are awful, and he should stick to what he knows.

Last night i was losing my mind with his turnovers and sloppy shots. He shouldn't be getting so many touches because he can't produce in the post/paint.

Kobe called out Dwight? lol.

And Dwight did what Kobe did in demanding a trade and threw his team under the bus. Where the fuck were you?

I don't think Kobe is a "great teammate" like a lot of other guys, no. But he has friends, Ariza and Butler and Odom and fisher and Blake and Pau. Look how much Kobe goes to bat for Pau alone. And apparently people on the Olympic teams have loved him; him and melo are very good friends and talk all the time. To say everyone hates him just shows how much hate you have.

Kobe and Dwight are just fine. If there's a problem Dwight is having with anyone in that locker room, it's the coach.

Maybe you're still salty Kidd threw Dallas under the bus when he left.

SMH. The very definition of delusional.

i want to see a bestgaf podcast.

iwmtb would style on all you

The thought has crossed my mind, I'm too busy with work/school and the black culture thread podcast to spearhead one atm.

I really liked the idea of 4 bestgaffers(2 fans of each team) commenting and chatting while their teams play eachother, but I think that idea would work better as a livestream.

I'm down with a NBA-GAF podcast, though we'd probably need a guy in the James Brown/Curt Menefee/Ernie Johnson role of moderator/impartial straight-man. I'd think that one guy and 4 other people (1 rep per NBA-GAF team) would work well. If it was weekly you'd rotate the reps for diversity's sake.

Vahagn

Yes, the Mavs are in a better position to sign Dwight. Dwight Howard will succeed if he's made the centerpiece of the offense. Surround him with shooters and slashers and force feed him the ball. SVG knew that. The Lakers evidently don't. The general feeling I get is that Kobe and Dwight do not like one another and Kobe will NOT relinquish his role as the primary player for as long as he is playing. Dirk would gladly take a backseat and become the number two option on that team. The Mavs have a bunch of players on one year contracts and they're going to load up next year. I would prefer that over a team that is extremely old and where half the roster is getting grossly overpaid. Dirk has also hinted that he'll take another paycut to get better players on the team. I can't imagine too many other players doing that, especially the ones that play for the Lakers.

And you're calling others delusional? SVG didn't force-feed the ball to Dwight. NBA-Gaf used to joke all the time that SVG doesn't use Dwight and Dwight used to complain about "If I'm a franchise guy, how come I'm only getting 12 FGA" after games in his post game conferences.

Unless a perimeter player makes a play for Dwight by drawing the defense or throwing him a lob, or unless he gets offensive rebounds, Dwight Howard is an ineffective offensive player. Take out his offensive rebounds, and dunks/layups that he gets assisted off, and his FG% on his own created shots plummets. Dude is a HORRIBLE offensive player. He's not Shaq, or Ewing, or Hakeem, or anyone else you can just get the ball to with his back to the basket and rely that he can get you a bucket.

Dwight Howard couldn't even average 15 shots a game surrounded by guys who had trouble creating their own shots, you expect him to get 15 a game playing with Kobe/Nash/Pau/Jamison? All who have more complete and well rounded, and effective offensive games than him?

Pop makes the perimeter players work on shooting corner 3's, which is the most efficient 3 point shot. He also makes sure RC Buford only signs players that fit into the Spurs system and are willing to work on on weaknesses to begin with. You can't make players better if they are dumb and/or don't want to get better. He'll give you burn, but if you can't fit into the offense and defense after a while, you go to the bench (Bonner)

That's obviously true. But it's clear that Pop has been telling some of his perimeter guys, at least for a few seasons "Hey, besides learning our offensive and defensive schemes and playing hard I need you to get better at shooting the 3. Our offense is going to create a lot of open 3 point shots, and if you want to play you have to knock that shot down".

Lots of coaches finish practice and then end the thing. Pop probably tells specific players what he needs them to work on, and since he's Pop (and they live in SA with far less distractions than LA for example), they listen. I wish D'Antoni had the street cred to ask Dwight to stay after practice and shoot 500 FT's and 300 baby hooks a day, but he doesn't.

giri

i love me some nba-gaf

but i think the podcast is bound to be turrible.

only so much hating on the knicks, laker/kobe
THIS ISN'T THE BAT SIGNAL VAG I DON'T WANT A 1000 WORLD REPLY
ball washing, and 'running commentary whilst winning' blazer posts i need converted to actual speech.

i love me some nba-gaf

but i think the podcast is bound to be turrible.

only so much hating on the knicks, laker/kobe
THIS ISN'T THE BAT SIGNAL VAG I DON'T WANT A 1000 WORLD REPLY
ball washing, and 'running commentary whilst winning' blazer posts i need converted to actual speech.

I think a monthly 'Month in review' could work and then switch to weekly recording for the playoffs.

h3ro

Fuk da Nix

Gmd22uI.jpg

PBY

Banned
NBA gaf podcast? Swaaag, make it happen. Black gaf and hip hop gafs casts have been great, really enjoyed doing the ep I was on.

pilonv1

NBA gaf podcast? Swaaag, make it happen. Black gaf and hip hop gafs casts have been great, really enjoyed doing the ep I was on.

BESTGAF CAST 03/20/13

00:00 - 02:49 Lakers talk
02:49 - 02:56 DY hating on John Wall and some UNC players
02:56 - 03:02 reilo's #knickstape corner
03:02 - 03:16 IWMTB's rates this years draft prospects and why no one this year will be any good
03:16 - 03:17 pilonv1 and Rodeo Clown discuss Kevin Love and David Lee's defense
03:17 - 03:21 ph33nix shows up late for their segment
03:21 - 03:48 Knux crying
03:48 - 03:52 Adam shows up after the Clippers game result is known
03:52 - 03:55 Blackace's clown of the week award for doing too much

Damn man I just need them to get a higher seed than the Nyets and to go the second round.....God, Jesus, Yahweh, Buddah, Allah.....whomever is up there..... stop trolling me.

lol seriously. were just plagued by these damn injuries *sigh* i just hope these clowns can keep the atlantic and make it to the second round for fucking once. i will be popping many bottles

but then again, what else did the FO expect from the oldest team in the nba?

Top Bottom