• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Honestly rose shouldn't play this season... Whats gonna happen he's just gonna be thrown right into playoff basketball? There is nothing positive that can come from it besides working on the on-court chemistry with some of the new players

Dude comes back and he has a higher chance of blowing out his knee again then winning a championship

I pretty much agree other than the fact that you need game-speed action to get back to 100%. I'm fine with putting him on a 15-20 minute limit for the rest of the year.

Eh, it's not like it's football. Let Rose come back in limited minutes for the last few games of the season to get his confidence up and then let him give it an honest shot. First round is probably going to be against the Hawks anyway...and Teague is an easy cover.

Waiting until next year seems like a weird idea--the team is actually competent without him and mentally they are all in right now. Can't say it will be the same next year or if they will be injury free.

ohNOitsRO

I pretty much agree other than the fact that you need game-speed action to get back to 100%. I'm fine with putting him on a 15-20 minute limit for the rest of the year.

Alright makes sense.. 15-20 sounds right so he can get the feel back of a real nba game..

But how many games do you think he gets like that (not counting playoffs)? It'll have to be like 15-18 games at most, and I'm not sure how good that'll do him if he hasn't recovered some of that game time speed and he ends up being more of a hindrance in the playoffs than anything

Edit: I just had a thought.. Completely hypothetically and I don't think will even remotely happen, but imagine if Kobe won his 6th ring this year.. To tie Jordan in such a tumultuous season for the lakers

How would that ring rank up against all the other ones? I would definitely think it would be the greatest ring of his career and it would define him and it would rustle up even more Kobe vs. Jordan arguments.. But his 6th coming in a season like this where he literally is the first, second, and third option on his team at 34 would be pretty fucking incredible

Eh, it's not like it's football. Let Rose come back in limited minutes for the last few games of the season to get his confidence up and then let him give it an honest shot. First round is probably going to be against the Hawks anyway...and Teague is an easy cover.

Waiting until next year seems like a weird idea--the team is actually competent without him and mentally they are all in right now. Can't say it will be the same next year or if they will be injury free.

From a business standpoint, he better play.

2 home games in the second round by any means necessary!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Alright makes sense.. 15-20 sounds right so he can get the feel back of a real nba game..

But how many games do you think he gets like that (not counting playoffs)? It'll have to be like 15-18 games at most, and I'm not sure how good that'll do him if he hasn't recovered some of that game time speed and he ends up being more of a hindrance in the playoffs than anything

It'll do him good. If it gives him the confidence heading into the offseason to fully prepare for a 100% 2013-2014, it'd be well worth it.

The Bulls aren't cheap, they paid the Lux Tax this year!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Its not just that. If he doesn't play at all its that much more lost for both the team and himself. If hes healthy he really needs to play even if its "pointless" (which its not).

ohNOitsRO

It'll do him good. If it gives him the confidence heading into the offseason to fully prepare for a 100% 2013-2014, it'd be well worth it.

True, that's about the only reason I see for him coming back this year.. Now the question is, can boozer be resurrected for next year?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Blows my mind that he would even consider just waiting until next year (assuming he's healthy enough to play). I can't imagine any of the all-time greats doing this. Again, if there's an injury/health related risk to him coming back now, then that's cool. But otherwise... how can you ever justify skipping a playoff run?

Canuck76

Banned

Totally. Fact is they're playing better than almost anyone thought, but they're still trying to keep their head above water until rose returns. If he came back that would just be such a boost emotionally. But he needs to come back soon if he wants to make an impact at all. He just needs some game time burn

KingGondo

Banned
Zach Lowe said:
Sloan podcasts: No. 3: Ben Alamar, former OKC analytics guy, on how OKC nearly drafted Brook Lopez over Westbrook:
Huh.

Hard to really go wrong there. Brook has been arguably the best C in the league this year.

YNB was the right choice though.

commish

Huh.

Hard to really go wrong there. Brook has been arguably the best C in the league this year.

I'll never buy into this statement with his rebounding numbers. If you aren't going to rebound the ball, at least put up 25 points.

KingGondo

Banned
I'll never buy into this statement with his rebounding numbers. If you aren't going to rebound the ball, at least put up 25 points.
That plus the injury issues makes YNB clearly the better choice, but it's not like it would have been a terrible pick.

Jeff-DSA

Why, SI? Why?!?

q0gdNOf.jpg

fertygo

Huh.

Really?

That can means 2 thing

1. You'd never get Perkins
2. Harden probably still stay there

PG
Harden
KD
Abaka
Bropez

dayum.. that's better team

Basically you replace Perkins with someone useful

commish

That plus the injury issues makes YNB clearly the better choice, but it's not like it would have been a terrible pick.

No, not Oden over Durant bad, but I don't think the Thunder team works without Westbrook, even if you switch Harden back and add Lopez.

ohNOitsRO

No, not Oden over Durant bad, but I don't think the Thunder team works without Westbrook, even if you switch Harden back and add Lopez.

I think Westbrook holds back the thunder team.. I'm not saying he's not good cause he is.. He's a great physical specimen

But he's holding his team back

KingGondo

Banned
Really?

That can means 2 thing

1. You'd never get Perkins
2. Harden probably still stay there

PG
Harden
KD
Abaka
Bropez

dayum
It's hard to know what would have happened, lots of moves are interconnected.

What I really wish is that we hadn't rescinded the Tyson Chandler trade. We traded Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox for Tyson Chandler, straight-up. Think about that shit.

One of the core guys would be gone, but even now we could have:

YNB
Sefolosha
Durant
Ibaka
Chandler

Dat length. Dat defense. We would annihilate everyone on the way to a chip.

commish said:
That's a bit strong, but Westbrook gets far too much hate. He is a great (but admittedly sometimes frustrating) player.

Flip Saunders just came if with the worst idea for the dunk contest ever. 2 players only, and they each get 2 to 2 1/2 minutes to do a dunk routine choreographed to music.

commish

I like Westbrook but even that is a bit too much.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be a good team, obviously, but when this team wins a championship, I think it'll be because of Westbrook. Yeah, like everyone else, I thought he often did more harm than good at times these last few years, but I think his personality is just what some teams need in the playoffs.

Flip Saunders just came if with the worst idea for the dunk contest ever. 2 players only, and they each get 2 to 2 1/2 minutes to do a dunk routine choreographed to music.

Dunk contest cannot get worse, so I'm all for it.

Figured the Spurs would win last night pretty easily so I went on a date and didn't think about the game. WTF happened? Did the Pistons not know they were supposed to play yesterday? lol

dalVlatko

Grantland's podcast was pretty interesting. It was weird to hear Daryl Morey talk about his players so casually and have the former OKC guy talk about going all in on Westbrook over Lopez.

Top Bottom