• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

charsace

ipursZ5hkYOc7.gif

I love this.

Dat focus son. He ready.

giri

Lebron expected to play tonight after being checked out for that knee scare yesterday. He's built like a
n HGH
tank

I do like that someone wrote a "7 biggest questions in the NBA" article today and my first reaction "I bet 'How many NBA Players are on PED's' isn't listed as the biggest question".

The NBA is going to have its day sometime soon, just like cycling.

I do like that someone wrote a "7 biggest questions in the NBA" article today and my first reaction "I bet 'How many NBA Players are on PED's' isn't listed as the biggest question".

The NBA is going to have its day sometime soon, just like cycling.

Interesting article about that same issue

Basically NBA players know ahead of time when they are gonna be tested which is lol

Btw I didn't know OJ Mayo was caught juicing:

A handful of NBA players have been caught and suspended for performance-enhancing drugs. Most served five- or 10-game suspensions:
2000: Don MacLean, for “steroids”
2001: Matt Geiger, for “steroids”
2002: Soumaila Samake, for the anabolic steroid nandrolone
2007: Lindsey Hunter, for the stimulant phentermine
2008: Darius Miles, for the stimulant phentermine
2009: Rashard Lewis, for the steroid DHEA
2011: O.J. Mayo, for the steroid DHEA

giri

Interesting article about that same issue

Basically NBA players know ahead of time when they are gonna be tested which is lol

Btw I didn't know OJ Mayo was caught juicing:

I've read about the NBA's drug testing policy, and how the NBA PA only allowed it as a last resort to gain some legitimacy back in the 60's or something.

It's basically a bad joke and to suggest (not saying YOU did) it's of any value is just... naive.

Dwight or LBJ or someone is going to have a really bad reaction one day, or get a complication from it all, and it's going to be bad.

Vahagn

I've read about the NBA's drug testing policy, and how the NBA PA only allowed it as a last resort to gain some legitimacy back in the 60's or something.

It's basically a bad joke and to suggest (not saying YOU did) it's of any value is just... naive.

Dwight or LBJ or someone is going to have a really bad reaction one day, or get a complication from it all, and it's going to be bad.

If LBJ gets caught with it what do you all think happens? I think his legacy is forever ruined, same with if Kobe gets caught with it.

Jeff-DSA

If LBJ gets caught with it what do you all think happens? I think his legacy is forever ruined, same with if Kobe gets caught with it.

Anybody caught would have a destroyed legacy. Comparisons to Jordan would also cease immediately. Maybe you could still compare Kobe to Al Jefferson though.

giri

Legacies will be tainted, but how much? I have no doubt at least half the league is on them.

And i don't doubt people have been using for a very long time. Probably well back into the 90's.

Its sort of like cycling, we knew they were ALL doing it. But it doesn't make it right, and it doesn't mean the competition was fair just because they were ALL doing it.

Vahagn

Anybody caught would have a destroyed legacy. Comparisons to Jordan would also cease immediately. Maybe you could still compare Kobe to Al Jefferson though.

Which is kinda crazy because we're assuming Jordan or Wilt or anyone in the past never took banned substances. I mean to be honest I don't think Jordan or Kobe have...Bron's and Wade's physique make me feel like its a possibility.

Legacies will be tainted, but how much? I have no doubt at least half the league is on them.

And i don't doubt people have been using for a very long time. Probably well back into the 90's.

Its sort of like cycling, we knew they were ALL doing it. But it doesn't make it right, and it doesn't mean the competition was fair just because they were ALL doing it.

I think you have a far more pessimistic and distrusting view of professional athletes than most.

Which is kinda crazy because we're assuming Jordan or Wilt or anyone in the past never took banned substances. I mean to be honest I don't think Jordan or Kobe have...Bron's and Wade's physique make me feel like its a possibility.

Kobe is psycho enough to do almost anything to stay competitive imo.

giri

I think you have a far more pessimistic and distrusting view of professional athletes than most.

Or realistic. Something like 9 out of the last 10 tour de france winners have since tested positive. And they have a drug testing program that has been updated in the last 40 years.

The NBA doesn't.

I don't know if it would be as bad as in baseball.

Baseball people took steroids to improve their production.

Basketball it seems the HGH is more about healing and stuff.

It's kind of a morally ambiguous thing. I would hate if Kobe took something his whole career to make him perform better but I wouldn't care if he took HGH to fix his knee so he could play at his previous levels.

giri

It's kind of a morally ambiguous thing. I would hate if Kobe took something his whole career to make him perform better but I wouldn't care if he took HGH to fix his knee so he could play at his previous levels.

Thats not really ambiguous at all.

Vahagn

Or realistic. Something like 9 out of the last 10 tour de france winners have since tested positive. And they have a drug testing program that has been updated in the last 40 years.

The NBA doesn't.

Pessimists always think they're realists. If the winners are testing positive but the others aren't it doesn't lend to the theory that ALL were doing it. Same with NBA athletes, I think some of them may be doing it, but I doubt you can honestly say half with any level of credibility...that's just wild conjecture - its kind of the definition of a conspiracy theory - which by its nature isn't realistic.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kobe took PEDS.

Competitive high level ball has been his life since forever. Beyond all his other reasonings (insane competitiveness for one), simply not wanting it all to end would be justification enough for him to take PEDS if it meant extending his career.

With that said I haven't seen much evidence of it, but yea.

Vahagn

Kobe is psycho enough to do almost anything to stay competitive imo.

I doubt Kobe's been doing it for 15 years. If anything i think it's the last few - would he really risk his legacy of 5 clean rings and 15 great years just to chase #6?

I just have to believe he's not that stupid.

sans_pants

avec_pénis

baseball is too much an old mans sport focused on stats(namely, home runs)

basketball isnt nearly as revered

giri

Pessimists always think they're realists. If the winners are testing positive but the others aren't it doesn't lend to the theory that ALL were doing it. Same with NBA athletes, I think some of them may be doing it, but I doubt you can honestly say half with any level of credibility...that's just wild conjecture - its kind of the definition of a conspiracy theory - which by its nature isn't realistic.

something like 9 out of 10 of every top 10 over the last 10 races have tested positive. 90 / 100.

The others are a waiting game.

As i said, you're just incredibly naive with your head burried deep in the sand.

Become famous athlete, make $100M over 10 years, fuck bitches, get paid to train, and fuck around all day just for taking hgh for 10 years?

Thats not really ambiguous at all.

sure it is. Why would HGH to help with a knee injury be wrong but cortisone shots to numb pain while playing be okay?

Or even surgery to replace cartilage be okay? All of these are due to advancements in science.

At a basic level, besides things that are illegal, it's an arbitrary call.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kobe took PEDS.

Competitive high level ball has been his life since forever. Beyond all his other reasonings (insane competitiveness for one), simply not wanting it all to end would be justification enough for him to take PEDS if it meant extending his career.

With that said I haven't seen much evidence of it, but yea.

i think its a tragedy that our favorite athletes arent extending their careers with whatever drugs they can find

giri

sure it is. Why would HGH to help with a knee injury be wrong but cortisone shots to numb pain while playing be okay?

Or even surgery to replace cartilage be okay? All of these are due to advancements in science.

At a basic level, besides things that are illegal, it's an arbitrary call.

Not really.

Vahagn

something like 9 out of 10 of every top 10 over the last 10 races have tested positive. 90 / 100.

The others are a waiting game.

As i said, you're just incredibly naive with your head burried deep in the sand.

Become famous athlete, make $100M over 10 years, fuck bitches, get paid to train, and fuck around all day just for taking hgh for 10 years?

1) 90% of the top 10 guys haven't tested positive

2) it's pretty much the same top 10 guys over and over again anyway.

3) there are hundreds of cyclists who participate.

You're just taking a few and extrapolating it out to everyone. You might as well say all nba players are stupid and waste all their money on gambling because you saw a documentary on Antoine walker or Allen Iverson. It starts with a very low opinion of athletes and then a confirmation bias in seeing a few hand picked stories.

I think the people who would be taking HGH in basketball would be low level guys in contract years who are literally playing for their livelihood, and that increase in production for one year means an extra 20-30 million and 5 more years of job security. It helps explain contract year performances from typically inconsistent players.

Top Bottom