• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Paul Millsap, G-TYME, and Derrick Favors will save America and stop the Lakers playoff push.

I just have to believe.

Al trying to play on one ankle against Larry Sanders terrifies me though :/

Cloudy

Banned
Not give the pick to Phoenix!!!

And without a pick, what's the purpose of rooting to miss the playoffs? Give me as many games to watch Kobe as possible. Dude is balling out his mind.

This. I also believe we can beat the Clipps in a series cos the fans will be with us

If Lakers lose to OKC, you can bet they lose to Hornets the very next day because its back to back and they will give everything they got against OKC. Heck even if they win they may lose to Hornets the next day.

i need a gif of that Kobe dunk though, that was legendary o_O

TF4y1mL.jpg

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, right, is smacked on the head by Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith as he puts up a shot during the first half of their NBA basketball game, Sunday, March 3, 2013, in Los Angeles.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...late-as-lakers-hold-off-hawks/article9255565/

lmao :p

There is no way Kobe would allow the Clipps to beat us in a series. NO WAY

I forgot.

Your hero Kobe alone can do it all by himself.

How about I say no way CP3 lets the Clips lose to the Lakers..?

What about the first 3 meeting with the Clippers this year makes you believe it will be any different in a 7 game series?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Utah next 10

@ mil
@ cle
@ chi
@ nyk
Det
@okc
Mem
Nyk
@hou
@sas

Niiiiiiiiice.
Whoa. I didn't know they had it that bad. =D

And lol@ us beating the Clips. I can see us beating a 1 seeded Spurs team with a hobbled Parker.. maybe... MAYBE.

And watch Ibaka not get suspended... Lakers catching no breaks this season.

AcridMeat

Banned
I forgot to watch the LA game, saw it was only 1 point? How was it?

Comment from one neo-lake one lake and one LA-hater please.

maybe one neutral

Whoa. I didn't know they had it that bad. =D

And lol@ us beating the Clips. I can see us beating a 1 seeded Spurs team with a hobbled Parker.. maybe... MAYBE.

And watch Ibaka not get suspended... Lakers catching no breaks this season.

Today's Josh Smith 0/6FT in a 1 point win was the first good break they got all year, lol.

Heard Larry Brown on the radio basically trashing the OKC front office for trading Harden over a couple million.

Canuck76

Banned
Today's Josh Smith 0/6FT in a 1 point win was the first good break they got all year, lol.

Heard Larry Brown on the radio basically trashing the OKC front office for trading Harden over a couple million.

Fact is, by the numbers they're better this year than last though.

They may miss him a bit but if they could draft an actual center in this draft they could practically coast to a chip

Fact is, by the numbers they're better this year than last though.

They may miss him a bit but if they could draft an actual center in this draft they could practically coast to a chip

Please, last year was a lockout season. Cannot compare those numbers directly. If last season was like this year, their numbers would be much better.

linsivvi

I forgot to watch the LA game, saw it was only 1 point? How was it?

Comment from one neo-lake one lake and one LA-hater please.

maybe one neutral

Neo-lake: They just won their championship game
Lake: Season still doomed
LA-hater: Fuck da Hawks
Neutral: Top 10 player Smith shamed his ancestors.

J2 Cool

Paul Millsap, G-TYME, and Derrick Favors will save America and stop the Lakers playoff push.

Truth is, everyone wants to see the Lakers make the playoffs. Watching stars go down in big series is entertaining. Watching Dwight Howard relationship with LA sink or swim deserves a national stage. Also, they have a pretty high ceiling too if they can ever work it out. The Heat also had a similar learning curve. I still believe LA can push OKC or the Clippers to 6-7 games. SAS, not so sure. But they maybe won't even have to face them.

I think Pau being injured may be a blessing in disguise for LA. The Dwight/Pau drama was weird, they were undervaluing him as is, and I think he'll gel better when he comes back. Might even be better to put him in a 6th man role early on and see how he performs there. Kobe/Lebron would still be a dream matchup to see 4 games, even in a sweep, so I'm all for LA making the playoffs. I mean, realistically they have a better shot that any of the East teams, short of maybe Indiana, at competing with Miami. I don't buy Knicks and have serious doubts about Rose coming back making a difference (as does anyone). Forget the rest.

Jazz also are a weird mesh of a team without any stars (similar to Chicago at the moment), I have no interest seeing them in the postseason vs Spurs or Thunder. Houston is genuinely more interesting as a team. Harden, Asik and Lin are still developing, where as the story's been written on Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap.

I'll get more satisfaction out of the Lakers barely making the playoffs and then losing in the first round than I would if they missed the playoffs entirely.

I'll get more satisfaction out of the Lakers barely making the playoffs and then losing in the first round than I would if they missed the playoffs entirely.

eh, that's not masochistic enough. How about they lose to Houston in the final game of the season and just miss the playoffs? That would be truly devastating.

diehard

Fleer
Jazz also are a weird mesh of a team without any stars (similar to Chicago at the moment), I have no interest seeing them in the postseason vs Spurs or Thunder. Houston is genuinely more interesting as a team. Harden, Asik and Lin are still developing, where as the story's been written on Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap.

If anything, other people should be interested in seeing the Jazz in the playoffs for the same reason Jazz fans would... not to see Al or Millsap, but to see Hayward, Favors, Kanter and Burks develop in big games.

Wouldn't mind seeing Utah fall out of the playoff race if only because they'll be doing it off of the backs of players that probably shouldn't/wont be there next year in Mills and Al Jeff.

I want to see a Clips/LAL series but it isn't going to happen.

I really don't want to see a Spurs/LAL series because of the off chance that LAL goes insane for one small period of basketball and defeats the one team who has a shot against Miami.

LAL knocking off the Thunder would be awesome though.

balddemon

Banned
No superstar is ever gonna be suspended for ped usage. They might pull an mj and make him play baseball for a couple years but no one will get in trouble.

You might see scrubs get suspended but not superstars.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Rose after sitting on the bench for the first time during last nights loss to the pacers...

ipursZ5hkYOc7.gif

This is the only thing keeping me going this season...

Drews knees are way worse than Kobes. He seems to get a scope every other month.

AFAIK he's had more work done on his knees than Oden minus going as far as microfracture surgery.

I think his career is in jeopardy.

ohNOitsRO

Honestly rose shouldn't play this season... Whats gonna happen he's just gonna be thrown right into playoff basketball? There is nothing positive that can come from it besides working on the on-court chemistry with some of the new players

Dude comes back and he has a higher chance of blowing out his knee again then winning a championship

Top Bottom