• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Jeff-DSA

7fcfc683a35dc1ed0898836eebc66a30_large

It was nice of Barea to invite him to dinner right after that ejection.

I've never liked Mo Williams, but I think he might seem like Tony Parker after experiencing Earl Watson recently.

Hopefully Burks is still the backup PG...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The blazers aren't even a season away from having the most toxic locker room in the league. After the kings, thats the last place guys like Tyreke or DMC should be in.

But i do agree with the core of it, DMC on a good team with good coaching would be beastly.

Even though he stunk it up last night something chronic.

And all of those toxic players?

Felton, Wallace, Camby, and Crawford? Gone.

To say this current team has a toxic locker room is... odd.

When K-Mart, Camby, AI, Billups, Nene, and Andre Miller played with the Nuggets, they were very good players. Not sure how his help can be considered bad.

If he defended or if he could pass, his playoff record would probably mean less, but as a volume chucker whose former team hasn't suffered without him...

exarkun

He had way more help than Tmac ever did lol

the rockets were...lacking in a few areas. And Yao and him never really had a chance to get it together. Poor Tmac, china is hopefully good to him.

Melo is my boy though, he put some POINTS in those 1st round loses. The team around him was always a work in progress.

holy cow, the Celtics were going to draft Parker and literally changed their mind at the last minute.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/tony-parker-spurs-bill-simmons-grantland

haha was gonna say "well they only had 1 pick" but they had 3 picks 0_o

dat Joe Johnson pick B^)

i'll be pissed if Miami escapes playing Indiana or New York til the ECF, i want them to play one of them in the semis

Celtics are just gonna get past the first round, if they are lucky. finals Jet will carry them

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
the rockets were...lacking in a few areas. And Yao and him never really had a chance to get it together. Poor Tmac, china is hopefully good to him.

Melo is my boy though, he put some POINTS in those 1st round loses. The team around him was always a work in progress.

Did T-Mac and Yao ever play in the playoffs together?

EDIT: I see, once in 2006-07. Their third and fourth best players were Rafer Alston and Shane Battier :|

Rafer shot 33.8% over a 7-game span and played a whopping 44MPG. lol.

That 09/10 team was pretty good.

Billups/ Ty Lawson
JR/ Afflalo
Melo
KMart/ Birdman
Nene

Plus the year he bolted they could have moved pieces around and improved. Maybe signed Tyson.

exarkun

Did T-Mac and Yao ever play in the playoffs together?

EDIT: I see, once in 2006-07. Their third and fourth best players were Rafer Alston and Shane Battier :|

Rafer shot 33.8% over a 7-game span and played a whopping 44MPG. lol.

Twice I thought. 2006-2007, and 2004-2005?

Edit: yea reilo, we were run like shit

LOL what, someone really avatar bet the Celtics would beat the Heat in the playoffs?
lolololololwow

god mode Battier will kill everyone these playoffs, he sucked last playoffs(until the finals) and hes ready, even steroid Lewis will hit jumpers.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
It's more likely than people like to admit. Fans of every other team love the idea of a star taking a pay cut to leave LA, but he'd leave tons of money and an extra year. If I had back surgery, I'm taking as much as possible. Plus let's not forget it's still LA we're talking about.

That's not to say there isn't a small chance he actually leaves.

i just cant see him coming back to play with kobe again. even if you keep him and he gets healthier, how is that old ass roster going to compete going forward? getting better around dwight?

id honestly like to know

Vahagn

So much freaking salt. And no i want stfu. Kobe has been going kome since the all star break. Unlike you, i prefer watching team basketball.

Lakers fans are a delusional bunch

EDIT: Actually, it's just you.

We got into a 17-25 hole because Robert scare and chris Duhon were playing big minutes. We've won 70% of our games recently despite how Kobe plays as long as he's efficient - which he was last night. As for Kobe being ass on defense, Dwight has been much worse than his usual self, Nash is horrible, so is Jamison and Gasol. Again, u moaning and whining when Kobe misses a shot but keeping your mouth shut when Dwight goes 1-7 and Nash goes 1-7 is the reason I told you to STFU.

And you watched every laker game this season? Congrats. That's like "I been watching lakers since I was 10" except much much more pathetic. You're crazy if you think a guy shooting like 55% which is what he's been doing since the all star break is bad basketball.

Out of everyone in our team, Kobe's the only guy who hasn't missed a game due to injuries or is playing at or above his last season level. Everyone else has dropped off significantly AND is missing games. We complain about Dwight because he's Koufus bad and complain about Nash because he hasn't been able to consistently figure out how to run the PNR with Dwight. That's Kobe's fault too? That the Nash Dwight PnR has basically been reduced to Nash pull up jumper or bust?

Go watch college ball if you're so averse to a superstar shooting guard taking 20 fga a game and scoring at a 55% clip.

i just cant see him coming back to play with kobe again. even if you keep him and he gets healthier, how is that old ass roster going to compete going forward? getting better around dwight?

id honestly like to know

It would be hard. I mean, they traded all their picks to get Nash, and Kobe is going to be making 30 million. Their only trade bait next year will be Gasol's expiring contract, but the way he's played this season, I'm not sure what the Lakers would honestly get for him.

Mahonay

Banned
It would be hard. I mean, they traded all their picks to get Nash, and Kobe is going to be making 30 million. Their only trade bait next year will be Gasol's expiring contract, but the way he's played this season, I'm not sure what the Lakers would honestly get for him.
This is why I will continue to say Nash was a huge mistake. I think he's a fine player and a good addition to almost any team. But for what the Lakers gave up to get him, at 40 years old, was stupid.

id honestly like to know

Dwight at 100% is a game changer. Top 5 NBA talent when he's used correctly. He's currently hurt and maybe top 20 maybe. A healthy Dwight makes a huge difference even if outside of that nothing else really changes on the roster.

At next year's trade deadline Pau's contract will make GMs flip in their chair, Paying 30 games or whatever worth of his contract for a season to get out of long term deals.

An alternative to the 'chip as soon as possible' plan, tell Dwight to be patient and wait for Kobe and Pau to expire and go on a shopping spree. Only Nash and Dwight will be on the books in 2 seasons.

Dwight will have the chance to go for 1 more year in LA with this core if he wants and if he's 100% + the Lakers are healthy, he can be convinced to contend.

After that the Lakers will have no on on the payroll but Dwight and an expiring Nash.

Lebron can be a free agent.

Don't think the Lakers haven't thought this through.

Emwitus

We got into a 17-25 hole because Robert scare and chris Duhon were playing big minutes. We've won 70% of our games recently despite how Kobe plays as long as he's efficient - which he was last night. As for Kobe being ass on defense, Dwight has been much worse than his usual self, Nash is horrible, so is Jamison and Gasol. Again, u moaning and whining when Kobe misses a shot but keeping your mouth shut when Dwight goes 1-7 and Nash goes 1-7 is the reason I told you to STFU.

And you watched every laker game this season? Congrats. That's like "I been watching lakers since I was 10" except much much more pathetic. You're crazy if you think a guy shooting like 55% which is what he's been doing since the all star break is bad basketball.

Out of everyone in our team, Kobe's the only guy who hasn't missed a game due to injuries or is playing at or above his last season level. Everyone else has dropped off significantly AND is missing games. We complain about Dwight because he's Koufus bad and complain about Nash because he hasn't been able to consistently figure out how to run the PNR with Dwight. That's Kobe's fault too? That the Nash Dwight PnR has basically been reduced to Nash pull up jumper or bust?

Go watch college ball if you're so averse to a superstar shooting guard taking 20 fga a game and scoring at a 55% clip.

Kobe is old dude. Get over it. Forgive me for not blaming the one guy who covers everyone else's defensive mistakes with a broken back and the other who try's to get everyone else involved while leaving his ego at the door. Kobe has been unwilling to make any sacrifices for his team.....he did for a time but that went out the window following the all star break. I wonder why. I had no issues with kobe for those stretch of games...and my post history shows that.

EDIT: And college ball? LOL How about i just watch the spurs, celtics, denver, clippers, memphis,chicago, indiana................It's called team ball.

Dwight at 100% is a game changer. Top 5 NBA talent when he's used correctly. He's currently hurt and maybe top 20 maybe. A healthy Dwight makes a huge difference even if outside of that nothing else really changes on the roster.

At next year's trade deadline Pau's contract will make GMs flip in their chair, Paying 30 games or whatever worth of his contract for a season to get out of long term deals.

An alternative to the 'chip as soon as possible' plan, tell Dwight to be patient and wait for Kobe and Pau to expire and go on a shopping spree. Only Nash and Dwight will be on the books in 2 seasons.

Do you think Kobe retires in 2 seasons? And that if he doesn't, the Lakers won't sign him? I think Dwight might have come back too early, and he obviously has a chance to regain his form, but no one really knows what his peak is now. He might not have it in him to be a top 5 player anymore. It'll be interesting to see what the Lakers do next season.

As for trading Gasol, yeah, GM's might be chopping at the bit for getting rid of shit contracts, but that just means you'd be taking back shit contracts. You might be getting a good player, but at what mid to long term cost?

That 09/10 team was pretty good.

Billups/ Ty Lawson
JR/ Afflalo
Melo
KMart/ Birdman
Nene

Plus the year he bolted they could have moved pieces around and improved. Maybe signed Tyson.

Its pretty much a closed book at this point.

Carmelo Anthony will never be the best player on a championship team.

Hes had plenty of help over the years, and tons of opportunities, but hes never even gotten close.

Do you think Kobe retires in 2 seasons? And that if he doesn't, the Lakers won't sign him? I think Dwight might have come back too early, and he obviously has a chance to regain his form, but no one really knows what his peak is now. He might not have it in him to be a top 5 player anymore. It'll be interesting to see what the Lakers do next season.

As for trading Gasol, yeah, GM's might be chopping at the bit for getting rid of shit contracts, but that just means you'd be taking back shit contracts. You might be getting a good player, but at what mid to long term cost?

Perhaps. Giving a teams an out on 19 mil worth of contracts isn't an offer that comes very often. Lakers would have some leverage, while I expect LA to compromise a little, getting rid of Pau and getting a starter + bench pieces would be a really huge roster upgrade.

Vahagn

Kobe is old dude. Get over it. Forgive me for not blaming the one guy who covers everyone else's defensive mistakes with a broken back and the other who try's to get everyone else involved while leaving his ego at the door.

Get your arguments in a row. Nash wasn't getting everyone involved when he was sitting out during most of the 17-25 run. Dwight wasn't covering people's mistakes until about 3 weeks ago when we got into that hole. Your problem with Kobe has nothing to do with actual facts, or whether he's performing well or playing efficiently. It's essentially

"I prefer passing. Kobe old"

You have every right to be a troll. But to constantly moan and whine and post like 5 or 6 complaint posts singling out every Kobe mistake when he was Having a great game and others were struggling is just beyond silly. It's like watching a HEAT game and only posting when you can talk shitnabout a Lebron missed FG. Yes Kobe's a bad defender he's got zombie legs and lateral speed. But when we were going 17-25 no one was a good defender, not even Dwight.

Edit: Also, no sacrifices? really? Nash is the PG, Kobe is guarding his man. That's a sacrifice to save Nash's legs. Sacrifices aren't just shot attempts dude. Kobe's had injuries and still played this season when medically cleared "it's my life" Dwight was sitting on his ass in a suit. Look at his shot attempts last year vs this year, and his usage rate last year vs this year. You literally have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

Perhaps. Giving a teams an out on 19 mil worth of contracts isn't an offer that comes very often. Lakers would have some leverage, while I expect LA to compromise a little, getting rid of Pau and getting a starter + bench pieces would be a really huge roster upgrade.

I doubt they trade him because he is an expiring (unless Dwight leaves). They don't want to add on long term money with Lebron possibly a UFA.

Kobe comes back but obviously not for $30 million or anywhere close.

They could have

Nash
Kobe
Dwight

and room for a max or near max (nash will also be an easy piece to move if need be).

Vag - he won't be able to complain in a few months so don't worry.

Is Lakers-age over the idea of Pau sticking around yet?

Dude is too slow to play the 4 anymore, he can't do it. At this point in his career he should have been transitioned to the 5 full time like KG. Dwight being in LA is the end of Pau as a Laker.

I doubt they trade him because he is an expiring (unless Dwight leaves). They don't want to add on long term money with Lebron possibly a UFA.

Kobe comes back but obviously not for $30 million or anywhere close.

They could have

Nash
Kobe
Dwight

and room for a max or near max (nash will also be an easy piece to move if need be).

Vag - he won't be able to complain in a few months so don't worry.

Real talk question because I honestly haven't watched many Lakers games...How is Nash this season? I keep seeing him mentioned as a core player, but the dude is pretty old now. He's in great shape, but think he'll be worthy of being a "core" player next season?

I actually have the same doubts about Manu for next season, but I think Leonard stepping up to take some pressure off the big 3 has been huge for us this year.

Emwitus

Get your arguments in a row. Nash wasn't getting everyone involved when he was sitting out during most of the 17-25 run. Dwight wasn't covering people's mistakes until about 3 weeks ago when we got into that hole. Your problem with Kobe has nothing to do with actual facts, or whether he's performing well or playing efficiently. It's essentially

"I prefer passing. Kobe old"

You have every right to be a troll. But to constantly moan and whine and post like 5 or 6 complaint posts singling out every Kobe mistake when he was Having a great game and others were struggling is just beyond silly. It's like watching a HEAT game and only posting when you can talk shitnabout a Lebron missed FG. Yes Kobe's a bad defender he's got zombie legs and lateral speed. But when we were going 17-25 no one was a good defender, not even Dwight.

LOL comparing lebron and kobe. More than half the time lebron will make the right play and it's not even close. Kobe's decisions are just stupid. If he was younger doing all that stuff and didn't have any help maybe i could tolerate that shit, but forgive me if don't now. And you know what, dwight is the only guy who has consistently played ANY kind of defense on this lakers team.

Real talk question because I honestly haven't watched many Lakers games...How is Nash this season? I keep seeing him mentioned as a core player, but the dude is pretty old now. He's in great shape, but think he'll be worthy of being a "core" player next season?

I actually have the same doubts about Manu for next season, but I think Leonard stepping up to take some pressure off the big 3 has been huge for us this year.

He can still shoot and pass, but with him playing off the ball his impact is diminshed. His D still isn't very good.

I expect him to be about as good next year as he has been this year.

Its so hard to gauge how good Manu is with the way Pop uses him...

With this Tony injury, we might have our answer: Manu will be more aggressive

I don't expect Pop to play him any more than normal, but at least we won't have 20 pt leads by the time he checks in lol

Vahagn

LOL comparing lebron and kobe. More than half the time lebron will make the right play and it's not even close. Kobe's decisions are just stupid. If he was younger doing all that stuff and didn't have any help maybe i could tolerate that shit, but forgive me if don't now. And you know what, dwight is the only guy who has consistently played ANY kind of defense on this lakers team.

Who gives a crap if he's younger? He's performing at the same offensive level as always. And as for "less help"...once again, he's played this way to the tune of multiple championships. You're literally butt hurt because he is shooting 20 shots a game. He shot 19 last night, below his season average and you're moaning. This is all about a preference for a style of basketball for you. It's got nothing to do with reality. LA has been just fine after the all star break and Kobe has been great and efficient.

If you wanted this moaning nonsense last year when he was shooting 40% for like 2 months and shooting his team out of games I would understand. But this is just silly.

Is Lakers-age over the idea of Pau sticking around yet?

Dude is too slow to play the 4 anymore, he can't do it. At this point in his career he should have been transitioned to the 5 full time like KG. Dwight being in LA is the end of Pau as a Laker.

Pau's too feeble to defend either the 4 or the 5

he's a bench player at this point of his career

Top Bottom