• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
^ Now everyone is gonna wonder what they have to do before they can say nigga too.
I honestly think the only way to save his career is to put him on a team like the Spurs with a coach like Pop. Would have said Jackson/Lakers back in the day, but that's not an option now.

Sacramento has ruined Tyreke too but no one is talking about that.

That entire organization is trash

Tyreke has ruined Tyreke. He's not a point guard and he's not a great enough shooter to be a shooting guard. Someone will overpay the hell out of him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tyreke has ruined Tyreke. He's not a point guard and he's not a great enough shooter to be a shooting guard. Someone will overpay the hell out of him.

But who drafted him to be a PG when he obviously wasn't one? Then who had some of the worst coaches in the league talk him into believing his game was LBJ tier?

If you find a gold mine and decide to build a sewer through it, then its your fault when you don't get as much money as you could've.

Emwitus

Jesus STFU. Kobe's out there killing himself and putting his body on the line and shooting at a ridiculous efficiency until the final 5 minutes while Nash and Howard Go 2-14 from the field ain the first half nd you whine and moan about Kobe shooting all day?

Lakers have won multiple championships with Kobe taking 20 fga a game. This isn't about what is and isn't aesthetically pleasing to you. For the love of God stop moaning and whining every time Kobe misses a shot. Lakers didn't lose today because Kobe scored 30. They lost today because OKC had 2 TO's and 71 points at halftime.
So much freaking salt. And no i want stfu. Kobe has been going kome since the all star break. Unlike you, i prefer watching team basketball.
Kobe putting up gaudy numbers does not give him a free pass. He's one of the main reasons why the Lakers defense is so repugnant. I said before the season that the Lakers would have one of the worst backcourt defenses in the NBA. For the shit Nash gets for playing matador defense, Kobe is equally as bad and probably even worse. At least Nash tries to get back instead of arguing at refs.

Lakers have won multiple championships with Kobe taking 20 fga a game.

Lakers fans are a delusional bunch

EDIT: Actually, it's just you.

What a reply. You didn't address a single criticism I leveled at Kobe because you know it's true. His defense is garbage. Lakers fans can shit on Dwight all they want, but expecting him to be the sole defensive force on the team was short sighted as hell.

Emwitus

What a reply. You didn't address a single criticism I leveled at Kobe because you know it's true. His defense is garbage. Lakers fans can shit on Dwight all they want, but expecting him to be the sole defensive force on the team was short sighted as hell.

I'm using your argument to show vag why i won't stfu. Kobe plays no defense yet when he throws shit to the wall and it doesn't stick, he plays no defense and expects his team mates, especially dwight to cover him. His gone back to his pre air out meeting ways now. There was a reason why i wasn't pulling my hair on gaf before the all star break. I've watched almost every laker game since the season started and how we're playing now is exactly how we got into that 17-25 hole.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If you find a gold mine and decide to build a sewer through it, then its your fault when you don't get as much money as you could've.

Awesome line. Hahaha. Is this yours? Cause I'm gonna use. Will give credit of course.

I find solace in knowing that Fredette hasn't played enough to be completely ruined. I'm sure he is damaged but if he could get into a good situation I'm sure he has enough game to be in the league for a long time.

That franchise is a mess though. Just a big pot of suck.

ohNOitsRO

Westbrook putting it on Kobe

WestbrookCrossover_original.gif

Edit: damn first link wouldn't show picture: http://imgur.com/b5wk3rn

Bread

Banned
Do Celtics fans really think the Celtics would beat the Knicks in a series? Like honestly you're not just trolling? That would be awesome cause I thought I had nothing to look forward to this post season. Thank you for this.

I'm in that bet too. We can do better than Pats face son.
do knicks fans really think the knicks are any good? the celtics are a damn good team, if you guys havent noticed.

How so? After Dwightmare I don't see SVG being eager to jump back into a situation where he has to.manage the egoes of established vets.

Because winning>losing

That is why. Both he and his brother don't mind dealing with personalities. they'd much rather deal with ego than deal with no talent

Also he gets along just fine with Dwight now, they talk all the time

that looks like me spamming the block button in 2K

lmao

Meier

I am a bit out of the loop on the NBA these days (hard to get super excited about following your team halfway across the country when they're probably the worst in the league) so I'm a little late to this but the Dwight news story just made me smh. After everything the team did for him, I just don't get it. I already actively disliked him after the way things went down over the last few years but he one-upped himself and that didn't even seem possible.

Real talk: the Lakers would be a far better team if they'd let Kobe go at the end of the year and spread that money elsewhere to fix gaping holes on their team. Cuban was right.

You're paying the guy $27,849,149 this year.

By comparison (just looking at top scorers in the league, since that's all Kobe brings):
-Carmelo is making $19,444,503.
-LeBron is making $17,545,000.
-Wade is making $17,182,000.
-Durant is making $16,669,629.
-Westbrook is making $13,668,793.
-Parker is making $12,500,000.
-Harden (back loaded contract) is making $5,820,417.
-Kyrie is making $5,375,760.
-Curry is making $3,958,742.

I understand there are some anomalies in the LeBron/Wade tandem since they took a pay cut, so I'll ignore them. Also, Harden has a mad back loaded deal so those numbers won't stay low. HOWEVER, you could field Durant, Kyrie, and Curry this year for what you're paying the black mamba. Or Durant and Parker. Or choose your own adventure.

Lakers GAF won't want to admit that, and I don't blame you all one bit. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't want to, either. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

masud

Banned
do knicks fans really think the knicks are any good? the celtics are a damn good team, if you guys havent noticed.

Where did I say the Knicks were good? I thought I said they would beat the Celtics? And the Knicks aren't any good but the Celtics (currently 7th place in the fucking eastern conference) are dammed good? I don't even know where to start with that one so I guess... you win?

Real talk: the Lakers would be a far better team if they'd let Kobe go at the end of the year and spread that money elsewhere to fix gaping holes on their team. Cuban was right.

By comparison (just looking at top scorers in the league, since that's all Kobe brings):

I understand there are some anomalies in the LeBron/Wade tandem since they took a pay cut, so I'll ignore them. Also, Harden has a mad back loaded deal so those numbers won't stay low. HOWEVER, you could field Durant, Kyrie, and Curry this year for what you're paying the black mamba. Or Durant and Parker. Or choose your own adventure.

Lakers GAF won't want to admit that, and I don't blame you all one bit. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't want to, either. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

why on earth are you including guys still on rookie deals like kyrie and curry

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Except it doesn't work like this, at all.

There are only so many superstars in the league. There are only so many superstars who hit free agency in the league. There are only so many superstars who hit unrestricted free agency in the league. Two of the guys you listed already signed extensions with their current teams instead of deciding to hit the market. None of the guys you listed at all are available in FA.

Yeah Kobe is making a shitload. But the realistic alternatives aren't necessarily better. The Lakers would look a lot better with a bunch of different players not on their books. They shed that money off the books and what are they looking at signing next year - keeping Dwight and the likes of Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith and JJ Redick?

I love hating on the Knicks in fun too but after Miami the shit's wide open to me. NY's problem is fixable, cause when they're playing well they can beat all the other East teams. Problem is, we're talking about not letting trash like JR Smith and Raymond Felton to lose games and that is unlikely.

Emwitus

Where did I say the Knicks were good? I thought I said they would beat the Celtics? And the Knicks aren't any good but the Celtics (currently 7th place in the fucking eastern conference) are dammed good? I don't even know where to start with that one so I guess... you win?

not for long. It's just amusing to me if you think boston is a cake walk for anyone in the east except for miami. It's okay tho, we're used to the knicks beating their own drums and getting bitch slapped by reality in the playoffs.

Assuming the Lakers resign Dwight, wouldn't they still be over the cap if they amnestied Kobe?

why on earth are you including guys still on rookie deals like kyrie and curry

Good point.

Except it doesn't work like this, at all.

There are only so many superstars in the league. There are only so many superstars who hit free agency in the league. There are only so many superstars who hit unrestricted free agency in the league. Two of the guys you listed already signed extensions with their current teams instead of deciding to hit the market. None of the guys you listed at all are available in FA.

Yeah Kobe is making a shitload. But the realistic alternatives aren't necessarily better. The Lakers would look a lot better with a bunch of different players not on their books. They shed that money off the books and what are they looking at signing next year - keeping Dwight and the likes of Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith and JJ Redick?

I understand that. I'm saying it's all about organizational choices. The Lakers have placed themselves firmly in the Team Kobe mindset forever, and are flushing bad money after the good. There comes a time when you have to make a smart business decision, and paying Kobe close to $30M is not one. This isn't 2005.

Bread

Banned
Haven't the Knicks been hovering around .500 since their early season run? Congrats on being higher in the standings, but the Celtics are improving, and I can't say the same about the NY. The fact that Knicks fans on this page are laughing off the Celtics chances against the Knicks in the playoffs is lolworthy.

masud

Banned
not for long. It's just amusing to me if you think boston is a cake walk for anyone in the east except for miami. It's okay tho, we're used to the knicks beating their own drums and getting bitch slapped by reality in the playoffs.

Paint your face.

You're making avatar bets about the Celtics making the finals and I'm the one beating drums? Come on man the Celtics are done they're just running on fumes at this point. Ainge should have blown it up but just like all the other terrible gm's in the north east he's too scared of pissing off his grumpy fan base to tank. Hey the Knicks aren't going anywhere either but at least I know that shit. And I know which one of our teams is slightly less mediocre. I hope we get the C's man. It's only fitting that this big three 'era' born out of blatant collusion and hundreds of illegal screens ends with a playoff defeat at the hands of the fucking Knicks. And it will be even better if you're gonna being looking forward to the finals when it happens. Please lawd.

Emwitus

Paint your face.

You're making avatar bets about the Celtics making the finals and I'm the one beating drums? Come on man the Celtics are done they're just running on fumes at this point. Ainge should have blown it up but just like all the other terrible gm's in the north east he's too scared of pissing off his grumpy fan base to tank. Hey the Knicks aren't going anywhere either but at least I know that shit. And I know which one of our teams is slightly less mediocre. I hope we get the C's man. It's only fitting that this big three 'era' born out of blatant collusion and hundreds of illegal screens ends with a playoff defeat at the hands of the fucking Knicks. And it will be even better if you're gonna being looking forward to the finals when it happens. Please lawd.

By paint my face, do you mean put on your avatar? If the celtics meet yo clown team it'll be a sweep. Then you have permission to trade carmelo back to denver for your precious fellow chucker gallo.

Jeff-DSA

Haven't the Knicks been hovering around .500 since their early season run? Congrats on being higher in the standings, but the Celtics are improving, and I can't say the same about the NY. The fact that Knicks fans on this page are laughing off the Celtics chances against the Knicks in the playoffs is lolworthy.

The Knicks might always get lucky and Carmelo could get a really bad flu during the playoffs.

Right now the Celtics would face the Pacers, lol if you think they could get past them. Rose is coming back anyday now too. The Bulls, Pacers, and Heat will be advancing anyway you slice it. The Knicks will have to get past the Nets or Hawks most likely to advance.

Emwitus

Right now the Celtics would face the Pacers, lol if you think they could get past them. Rose is coming back anyday now too. The Bulls, Pacers, and Heat will be advancing anyway you slice it. The Knicks will have to get past the Nets or Hawks most likely to advance.

The celtics have a chance to move up to the fourth seed. If they can, then all bets are off.

Jeff-DSA

Sounds like Mo Williams is game-time decision tonight. I'd guess if he's not back for tonight that we'll have him for the weekend, but it'll be interesting to see what that does to the offense.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I'm looking forward to tonight's game.

I really don't care where the Celtics are seeded. They can still compete with most teams just fine. Not much different from last year to be honest.

Emwitus

The lakers had 11 assists yesterday. They never scored in the first 6 mins and the last 6 mins of the game. lol. When are they have another clear out meeting?

Ever since Kellerman stopped transmitting his dulcet tones over our air, NY hasn't had a single radio host that could properly discuss basketball.

NY radio is in shambles. Kay is the worst and Francesa is only good for unintentional comedy and trolling the mest/jest.

Robin Lundberg does a good job of it.

Well how many games in a 7 game series will you get prime Pierce and Garnett? Because that's what'll kill Boston w/ no Rondo (lol) and no Ray Allen. Plus the bench depth is pudding and Doc is going to have to rely on guys like Jordan Crawford and Chris Wilcox for big minutes, and those aren't known entities for the Celts in the playoffs. Nevermind you'll need a consistently good performance out of one of Bass/Lee/Bradley just to compete.

I can see the Celts beating Atlanta because they're dumb, and probably the Nets. That's it.

Top Bottom