• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Smokey

Mrs. Smokey's comments on the way home:

-"The Rockets have no offensive movement. Shit's annoying"
-"Does the coach not know how to draw plays?"
-"Dribbling down the clock and taking a shot. Is that their offense?
-"Why is Lin playing if he's hurt?"
-"Who is that bald ref? He's terrible"

I feel you doe

Knox

As long as we don't fuck it up in the offseason. Howard is streaky as hell these days so we may as well have Asik and save the money for cap space and sign more prospects instead. Also, we need to dump McFail, but I'm sure Morey will give his ass a contract extension for getting us in the playoffs

Asik is great but he can't catch the ball or finish like Howard. Every time he fumbles a pass or loses the ball as he's going up I imagine the Howard dunk that hopefully will be there next year. Plus it'll be raining threes with Dwight demanding attention down low.

Conference Finals. They can beat the Grizz or Clipps w/o Westbrick. Spurs? Probably not.

I think Memphis will beat them, tbh. If OKC's offense is how it is in the 2nd half style wise, Memphis will win.

They can use Prince and Tony Allen to harass Durant. At the same time, they won't double him and force other dudes to beat them. Zbo and Gasol can take Ibaka out and with no YNB they won't get a ton of fouls on them.

In addition, Conley won't have to play defense at all and will attack OKC's defense a bunch and again, Ibaka will have to be glued to Zbo/Gasol and won't get to help out much.

Clippers is a bit different since they rely so much on CP3 and I don't trust their defense as much.

edit: Also Conley will eat up Fisher and I do NOT trust Kevin martin to come through when it matters (like tonight). Dude wilts like a flower. The loss of Westbrook is way bigger than people think, IMO. Like Bosh last year.

Zep

Banned
The Grizzlies could make it tough on Durant by alternating Allen and Prince on him. Durant will get his points, but its a matter of how efficient he would be.

The Grizzlies could make it tough on Durant by alternating Allen and Prince on him. Durant will get his points, but its a matter of how efficient he would be.

It not even that, IMO. It's that Memphis will take everyone else out. Durant can get 40, but if Ibaka hits his average and everyone is below average, Thunder are fucked.

Zep

Banned
It not even that, IMO. It's that Memphis will take everyone else out. Durant can get 40, but if Ibaka hits his average and everyone is below average, Thunder are fucked.

His efficiency in the sense that they can't let him get to the paint. Basically, Durant dictating the game at the FT line or creating easier shots for others. Its gonna take good help defense to make sure he can't drive because he can get by Allen or Prince more times than not and the help is gonna have to be there waiting before he has a chance to hit the paint and create fouls and/or easy baskets for others waiting under the rim.

The Grizzlies did the same thing to Lebron this year and it was the perfect strategy to stopping his momentum and making him a jump shooter.

Emwitus

Enjoy

luckyKD_medium.gif

durantsgamewinner.gif

The guy hates texas

masud

Banned
Lol Indy

Lol Blueprint

Originally Posted by
image.php

ATL would probably beat Boston in 5.

ATL is better than Boston and Indy is getting 110 a game on em

Bos is worse than ATL and NY isn't cracking 90.

It should be a concern.

lols all around

giri

Conference Finals. They can beat the Grizz or Clipps w/o Westbrick. Spurs? Probably not.

my thoughts on this echo the zep/mamba debate.

With out a second option, the grizz can focus their defensive schemes entirely on durant. Make him work, and then make everyone else worth much less. They're very good at closing out the weak side 3 on a rotation too.

If the grizz get through and face OKC, i expect them to get to the WCF.

OKC vs Clips? i'm a lot less sure about that. Collison & ibaka can basically play the whole game with out any penalty, which makes OKC a better team.

The Grizz are the only team left that can beat the Heat.

Naw, Spurs could.

Pkaz01

I haven't watched the grizzlies much this year compared to last. Has Marc Gasol gotten that much better from last year? It seems like he is the grizzlies best player from the way people talk about him. What is he doing differently?

giri

I haven't watched the grizzlies much this year compared to last. Has Marc Gasol gotten that much better from last year? It seems like he is the grizzlies best player from the way people talk about him. What is he doing differently?

With out gay there, he's getting more shots. The work he did in the off season is showing through, he's faster, fitter, and can sustain playing big minutes.

He's taking people on the drive more often. He's a little more patient in the post/face up.

That of course translates to his great foot work in the post and on defense too.

And he's very smart about it all too.

He and conley really are the best 2 on the team now.

Even if dwight were healthy, Marc would be the best C in the west, and probably, the NBA.

Only other C doing as much for their team right now, is probably Bosh.

Pkaz01

With out gay there, he's getting more shots. The work he did in the off season is showing through, he's faster, fitter, and can sustain playing big minutes.

He's taking people on the drive more often. He's a little more patient in the post/face up.

That of course translates to his great foot work in the post and on defense too.

And he's very smart about it all too.

He and conley really are the best 2 on the team now.

Even if dwight were healthy, Marc would be the best C in the west, and probably, the NBA.

Only other C doing as much for their team right now, is probably Bosh.

Damn I am missing a lot, thanks for the update.

I also missed the nets getting shit on by nate robinson and nazir mohammad of all people? wtf?

Into

Spurs have to be the favorites in the western conference now? Sure they are beating on a limp ass Lakers team now, but they have all the pieces to go to the NBA finals. Clippers are too dependent on CP3, Blake only really contributes in the first 2 quarters. Thunder need to adapt to a life without RW, there just isent time enough for that before they face a really tough team. Grizzlies are alright i guess.

Miami - Spurs finals, Knicks will be the only team to give Miami any sort of resistance

Top Bottom