• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Emwitus

With out gay there, he's getting more shots. The work he did in the off season is showing through, he's faster, fitter, and can sustain playing big minutes.

He's taking people on the drive more often. He's a little more patient in the post/face up.

That of course translates to his great foot work in the post and on defense too.

And he's very smart about it all too.

He and conley really are the best 2 on the team now.

Even if dwight were healthy, Marc would be the best C in the west, and probably, the NBA.

Only other C doing as much for their team right now, is probably Bosh.

lol I doubt that.

balddemon

Banned
Diehard how do you get through stake conference. We have quinton l cook here today but that fact doesn't seem to have the same effect on me as it does my parents lol.

LuchaShaq

Banned
lol I doubt that.

Why?

The only appreciable advantages Dwight had in peak form were

Rebounding.
Finishing dunks/layups at the rim.
Impregnating gold diggers
Being a clown in both positive and negative ways.

Marc is a better

Post defender
Passer
Shooter
Offensive Post Game
Quarter backing a defense. Watch any Memphis game and Marc is constantly making calls for the defense ala KG/Duncan. Dwight is not good at this

They both are great at discouraging/altering inside shots even though Dwight does it in a flashier way spiking the ball out of bounds back to the other team.

At 30-32 Dwight is going to look like a shell of himself like any guy who has little skill outside of physical gifts.

At 30-32 Marc is going to be largely the same exact guy.

Now and for the future even if Dwight is 100% back to 2009 health I'll take Marc.

None of those guys are better than Kobe

Defense still matters, and Kobe hasn't played in 2-3 years.

the silver lining is that Pau is averaging 13/12/7 in the playoffs and doesn't look quite as cooked as previously thought. Maybe we can fool Cleveland into taking him for a 1st rounder or something.

good luck getting past nate

BI5BaxECIAAHUu2.jpg

LMAO

Literally

the silver lining is that Pau is averaging 13/12/7 in the playoffs and doesn't look quite as cooked as previously thought. Maybe we can fool Cleveland into taking him for a 1st rounder or something.

Lakers should find someway to get the Gasol bros together. Get rid of lazy Dwight or something. The white towers with Steve Blake and Kobe would rule the west.

h3ro

Hope that Kidd/Shump/Priggie can pick up some of JR's slack today. We're gonna miss that crazy bastard.

Please don't let JR being out mean extended minutes for that steaming pile of hippo excrement.

Emwitus

Why?

The only appreciable advantages Dwight had in peak form were

Rebounding.
Finishing dunks/layups at the rim.
Impregnating gold diggers
Being a clown in both positive and negative ways.

Marc is a better

Post defender
Passer
Shooter
Offensive Post Game
Quarter backing a defense. Watch any Memphis game and Marc is constantly making calls for the defense ala KG/Duncan. Dwight is not good at this

They both are great at discouraging/altering inside shots even though Dwight does it in a flashier way spiking the ball out of bounds back to the other team.

At 30-32 Dwight is going to look like a shell of himself like any guy who has little skill outside of physical gifts.

At 30-32 Marc is going to be largely the same exact guy.

Now and for the future even if Dwight is 100% back to 2009 health I'll take Marc.

Defense still matters, and Kobe hasn't played in 2-3 years.

all good points, although i still feel dwight is IMO the best defensive center in the nba when healthy. However, a healthy bynum is unquestionably the best offensive center in the nba.. UNQUESTIONABLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPhM1Y8EUdw

Truly unstoppable one on one.

Left turn, right turn, into left/right hook, jumper clean/offglass, close mid range smooth quick release, decent free throw shooter who had more room to improve(No hack a bynums), footwork, weight/size/arm length etc etc

brook lopez is a better offensive center than bynum

lols No.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Smith got suspended for that elbow?

If that elbow was a one game suspension Artest should have been suspended for 20 games for his last post season.

Let's be real do the Knicks really want Amare back? The team is just different when he is there. He will be taking someone minutes and it can't be Martin's minutes.

Top Bottom