• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

No one, at least not for a while. Lebron if he comes but he won't. That's why there are usually long breaks when one superstar leaves. I'm all for re-signing Dwight to keep us out of irrelevance and make us a playoff team...but to win? We'll need someone else as our number 1.

He may not be the #1 offensive option on a championship but there's a lot more to the game than offense

He can be the most valuable player on a championship team

linsivvi

Back to back 59 win seasons is generally something (their winning percentage was close to the same against the West as against the East as well)

He couldn't even take a loss like a man and stayed on the court. You can't count on him to lead a team and motivate his teammates to go through a tough playoff series. Every playoffs series in the West will be tough, and there's no statistics for mental toughness.

Vahagn

He may not be the #1 offensive option on a championship but there's a lot more to the game than offense

He can be the most valuable player on a championship team

A) MVP's of championship teams are always for offense. I think people underestimate how important it is to be offensively unstoppable in being the best player on a championship team.

B) He may succeed in Houston because their offense is already so good. But he won't in LA with the people we can reasonably expect to get.

C) He's a mental midget who lacks composure and can just as easily be ejected as he can be dominant.

Yeah I would totally enjoy a casual conversation debating the possible reasons for knee issues. But trying to isolate a single contribution factor is just guessing. Wade could have torn his meniscus picking up one of his kids and just kept it quiet. Heck I tore some cartilage in my left knee while doing some Christmas shopping at a Walmart. Was walking, stopped and turned quick and heard a pop in my knee. I fell into a display of one of those M&M dudes sitting on a recliner. You pushed down on the leg rest of the recliner and a peanut M&M rolled into his hand. I took out a palette of those. Haha. It was painful, embarrassing and hilarious at the same time.
shit man, that sounds terrible. Now I'm gonna blame Dove Care for Men whenever Wade's knee gets hurt.

rando14

koufus the doofus

PANTS-ON-THE-GROUND.gif

Godslay

Banned
I wish just for once, Karl would fly off the handle. I can feel his quiet rage brewing up, he's seen some shit, that's for sure.

^^ :jnc @ that gif

Top Bottom