• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Meier

Love seeing Dwight get swept and going out like he did. Fuck off, loser. We got Vucevic thanks to you. *dances*

405947_10151563624107208_1524327417_n.jpg

My comments about him not being worth that kind of contract are becoming truer and truer with each passing day. I think he's a team cancer, a coach killer, and has attitude/maturity problems. And a bad back. But Lakers, please do sign him.

jjasper

It is hard for me to hate Heisley but overriding the entire scouting department wanting Curry to pick Thabeet has to be the dumbest move an owner has ever done.

We need to keep Mike Dantoni around and trade Pau for next to nothing and amnesty MWP. Even if Dwight resigns, a line up of:

Blake/broken Nash
Meeks/Godlock
Ebanks
Jamison/Hill
Dwight/Sacre

ensures a tank. All we need is one ping pong ball and Stern and his cronies will do the rest.

Emwitus

We need to keep Mike Dantoni around and trade Pau for next to nothing and amnesty MWP. Even if Dwight resigns, a line up of:

Blake/broken Nash
Meeks/Godlock
Ebanks
Jamison/Hill
Dwight/Sacre

ensures a tank. All we need is one ping pong ball and Stern and his cronies will do the rest.

Good choice for suckage. However, dwight doesn't agree to a tank season by default...so that's out. And you need morris as your starting pg for maximum suckage.

Good choice for suckage. However, dwight doesn't agree to a tank season by default...so that's out. And you need morris as your starting pg for maximum suckage.

lol Dwight doesn't care. He just cares about making as much money as possible before his baby mama's sink their claws in.

Godslay

Banned
Iggy was a good pick up, I don't care what anybody says!

On a different note that was about the worst half of basketball, I seen since, well... the Lakers playing this afternoon.

Emwitus

Iggy was a good pick up, I don't care what anybody says!

On a different note that was about the worst half of basketball, I seen since, well... the Lakers playing this afternoon.

Didn't you guys get blown out in game 2? With a roster at almost full strength? In an arena where only 3 teams have beat you? Definition of playoff choke if you ask me.

Godslay

Banned
Didn't you guys get blown out in game 2? With a roster at almost full strength? In an arena where only 3 teams have beat you? Definition of playoff choke if you ask me.

Yeah, so what? We are used to it now. No salt here, just telling it like it is. I'd say Nuggets fans are about the least delusional as to our chances in the playoffs. Gallo does count as a big loss in my opinion, but it's not an excuse.

Blake/broken Nash
Meeks/Godlock
Ebanks
Jamison/Hill
Dwight/Sacre

That line up still won't be top five worst in the league. That team is still better than the Bobcats and a lot of other teams. And I can't see Dwight resigning if they're just going to tank anyway.

Boombloxer said:
This is going to be a fun season once everyone meshes.
Still can't believe we kept Pau.

MorisUkunRasik said:
That clip of Lakers practice where Nash lobs it to Pau and he touch passes it to Dwight for a dunk.

HNNNNGGGG

The league is beyond on notice.

Khalifa Jayy said:
223975_148571615281262_699072928_n.jpg

I still can't believe this is my team's starting five. I think I'll finally accept it when I see it all on the court... this season is getting me hyped!

Forceatowulf said:
I have a similar wallpaper on my comp right now.

Every day I wake up and turn on my comp I have all 5 of them smugly smiling back at me.

Feels good man. Feels damn good.

Nelo Ice said:
Once Dwight is ready to go I think I'm going to faint. That first Nash/Dwight PnR fuuuuuu.

VPhys said:
Mitch: (to D12) " I want your jersey to be up there in 10 years"

Nelo Ice said:
Once Dwight suits up, this offense is going to be that much funner to watch. Metta looks great out there and if he's hitting his shots then the starting 5 is going to be that much more of a nightmare to defend. Teams can't afford to send help off of anyone.

Nelo Ice said:
Thank you Mitch. This team is going to be a juggernaut once Dwight comes back and it's going to be glorious.

MorisUkunRasik said:
Lol, that's so silly.

Dwight has 4-6 good years barring injury. Dude is only 26.

Black Mamba said:
I think D'Antoni could be fine. I wish we had more shooters, but Meeks, jamison, Kobe, Nash, and Blake can hit 3s. And randomly Ron. Dwight is Amar'e on Steroids as is Pau for Diaw.

Black Mamba said:
Just remember all of us laughed at Miami at 9-8. They still made the finals and nearly won it that year.

Black Mamba said:
Can't wait til midseason and lakers roll 12 in a row and people here are whining about LA again. Will be fun.

still waiting for those 12 wins in a row

linsivvi

Blake/broken Nash
Meeks/Godlock
Ebanks
Jamison/Hill
Dwight/Sacre

Let's keep Pau. He's a professional and doesn't mind the losing as long as it works towards a great cause. You're almost guaranteed to get deadweight contracts that will ruin the cap space with a Pau trade.

Let's keep Pau. He's a professional and doesn't mind the losing as long as it works towards a great cause. You're almost guaranteed to get deadweight contracts that will ruin the cap space with a Pau trade.

No you're not. You can trade him to a team with cap space, like say Cleveland or Atlanta, who can absorb his contract without having to give back the same amount of salary, and get, say a future 1st or a cheap young player or something in return. Pau doesn't have a future on this team so why drag things out? Send him somewhere where he will be better utilized.

linsivvi

No you're not. You can trade him to a team with cap space, like say Cleveland or Atlanta, who can absorb his contract without having to give back the same amount of salary, and get, say a future 1st or a cheap young player or something in return. Pau doesn't have a future on this team so why drag things out? Send him somewhere where he will be better utilized.

I just get the impression that Pau wants to stay with the team despite the losing. If he wants out I'm all for it.

Does anyone have my reactions to the Dwight trade? I'm pretty sure I was a voice of reason ad usual

No, you're the voice of Kobe as usual.

What does the person getting pau's contract receive in return for absorbing that amount of money? I feel like they'd just be putting themselves in a shitty financial situation.

Top Bottom