• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

lol now you're just making shit up...let me guess, you're gonna post a video of their accidental shoulder bump, and call that his "very public campaign"?

LBJ, unlike a lot of the so-called greats who were divas (Kobe, Jordan, etc.), is coachable by anybody as long as you're not a moron. He deserves the creme de la creme of coaching,-
what?

why?

what the Hell does this even mean?

linsivvi

LBJ, unlike a lot of the so-called greats who were divas (Kobe, Jordan, etc.), is coachable by anybody as long as you're not a moron.

A lot of coaches are morons. So what you're saying is he's not coachable by many coaches.

The biggest LeBron improvement of the past couple seasons was his performance during crunch time. It's his mental game. Something Dwight has not shown he's remotely trying to address.

Sanjuro

if KD wants to play enforcer role too, then someone should play the same game with him

hope the dude and his skinny ass frame is ready for he thuggery he dishes out

giri, I also would like any proof or even some article that LEGIT shows any inkling of lbj wanting spo fired. otherwise its just strawman speculation from a little bump or what some hack writer did

Why would LeBron want Spo out? Spo is basically everything Mike Brown is in terms of letting Bron play Bron, without the goofy faces.

Well, lesser tier of goofy faces.

linsivvi

Spo is also nowhere near as terrible as Mike Brown. he's a mediocre coach, or maybe below average, but not Mike Brown/Antoni/McHale level.

KingKong

Spo is also nowhere near as terrible as Mike Brown. he's a mediocre coach, or maybe below average, but not Mike Brown/Antoni/McHale level.

What makes Spo mediocre? He's played some very good lineups and changes and managed to make a team that people said would never work (Wade and LeBron both want the ball) function perfectly. They've even played well when both LeBron and Wade were out

You could say they lost to Dallas in the finals but that had more to do with LeBron averaging 4 points in the 4th quarter than anything Spo did

reading the spuds/lakers game thread on realgm and one of the head mods says that pimpwerx is one of the worst posters on the forum and that he unfortunately hasn't done enough to get banned lolololol

charsace

Mike Brown isn't a bad coach. He knows defense and understands that he isn't a good offensive coach so he gets help to coach it.

DMczaf

Pau Gasol has played 12 playoff games in his career without Kobe Bryant. He's 0-12.

Just some food for thought

i

Not sure how any can say Spo is mediocre or below mediocre. Maybe he's not the greatest, but he's pretty damn good

The Michael Beasley teams overachieved...and by that I mean everybody else overachieved while Beasley underachieved. But they did way better than most thought they would

fertygo

Spo aren't bad coach, just have bad face.

Bad joke indeed.. but seriously, his reaction like always asking to got punch, pringlesque.

Spo works hard, studies the game, and manages game time situations well. He's a good coach. It doesn't hurt to have LBJ, Wade, and Bosh in the starting lineup, but it doesn't make sense to discredit his coaching.

According to GAF, Phil Jackson is the only decent coach alive today. It seems like every other coach out there gets crapped on as being mediocre. That hyperbole.

Triple U

Banned
Spo works hard, studies the game, and manages game time situations well. He's a good coach. It doesn't hurt to have LBJ, Wade, and Bosh in the starting lineup, but it doesn't make sense to discredit his coaching.

According to GAF, Phil Jackson is the only decent coach alive today. It seems like every other coach out there gets crapped on as being mediocre. That hyperbole.

My god tier of coaches is PJ, Riley, Pop, and RA.

The book is still out on Mike Brown. You don't just win 60+ games with that Cavs roster. I think its pretty clear that players from the Lakers that we thought were high caliber turned out to either regress horribly (Nash), or were injured or under utilized ( Pau, Dwight).

It's hard to argue that Phil Jackson himself would have changed anything, considering his team that was two years younger got swept by Dallas. The roster just wasn't anywhere near as good as it looked on paper for a number of reasons.

Brown has a chance to show how good he really is with this Cavs team. He'll get the opportunity to coach up a rebuilding team and have to make rotation decisions that aren't obvious due to the variety of young guys they have.

My Coach tiers:

1. Pop, Thibs

2. Doc, Monty, Carlisle, Adelman, SVG, JVG

3. Woodson, Karl, Vogel, Gentry

4. Spo, Brown

5. A bunch of other guys - Wittman, Corbin, Del Negro, Jackson, etc

6. Stank Trash Tier : McHale, Mike D'Antoni, Dwayne Casey

Emwitus

The book is still out on Mike Brown. You don't just win 60+ games with that Cavs roster. I think its pretty clear that players from the Lakers that we thought were high caliber turned out to either regress horribly (Nash), or were injured or under utilized ( Pau, Dwight).

It's hard to argue that Phil Jackson himself would have changed anything, considering his team that was two years younger got swept by Dallas. The roster just wasn't anywhere near as good as it looked on paper for a number of reasons.

Brown has a chance to show how good he really is with this Cavs team. He'll get the opportunity to coach up a rebuilding team and have to make rotation decisions that aren't obvious due to the variety of young guys they have.

My Coach tiers:

1. Pop, Doc

2. Thibs, Monty, Carlisle, Adelman, SVG, JVG

4. Spo, Brown

Fixed, No way you have Thibs over doc.

And i really hope you mean the other jackson down there.

My Coach tiers:

1. Pop, Thibs

4. Spo, Brown

Monty aint that good

linsivvi

What? GAF universally loves Pop. Riley should be up there too, though his 90s fuck ball tarnished his image a little bit. I don't blame him though, that's the only way to win with the shitty talents he had.

Thibs shouldn't be in the Pop tier. At least not yet.

My Coach tiers:

1. Pop, Thibs

4. Spo, Brown

Where does Brooks fit? I think he is on the level as Spo and Brown. or even lower. overrated imo

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

My Coach tiers:

1. Pop, Thibs

4. Spo, Brown

Monty is fucking terrible.

I realize nobody watches Pelicans games but the dude is bad. Like really bad. So many games lost this year with his shitty rotations and terrible coaching at end of games.

That list is all kinds of wrong. Vogel and Monty on top of Spo???

Here's the correct list (active coaches)

1. Pop

2. Doc, Thibs, Adelman,

3. Woodson, Karl, Spo

4. Vogel, Jackson, Brooks

5. A bunch of other guys - Wittman, Corbin, Del Negro, Monty etc

Fixed, No way you have Thibs over doc.

And i really hope you mean the other jackson down there.

Mark Jackson on lower tier.

Not sure why you think Doc is better than Thibs. Thibs laid the defensive foundation down that made the Celtics champions. Thibs seemlessly brought that foundation to Chicago as well and I just can't even imagine Doc being able to coach this same injury riddled Bulls team through the regular season and to a potential 4-1 victory over a healthy Nets team.

Monty aint that good

I like him a lot. I like how he brought AD along this year and he's one of those guys that can actually have guys get better and learn during tank years. His playoff resume is short but he pooped on Phil (though a lot of that was CP).

Where does Brooks fit? I think he is on the level as Spo and Brown. or even lower. overrated imo

He's below Spo and Brown. He's pretty bad. Bad in game adjustments and the fact that he went through an 82 game season without giving Lamb a chance to compete is insane considering that kids talent level.

Emwitus

Mark Jackson on lower tier.

Not sure why you think Doc is better than Thibs. Thibs laid the defensive foundation down that made the Celtics champions. Thibs seemlessly brought that foundation to Chicago as well and I just can't even imagine Doc being able to coach this same injury riddled Bulls team through the regular season and to a potential 4-1 victory over a healthy Nets team.

What? How do you even know that it was all on him? I could easily tie it to kevin garnett arriving in boston. Which is proven over and over again by his +/- whenever his on the court. And doc has been coaching injury ridden teams for the past 3 years. And has been more successful than him in the playoffs.

EDIT: After reading up more on Thibs defensive ratings on previous teams....you might be right about him defensively. However i still think Doc has been able to do more with a lesser team.

Pimpwerx

reading the spuds/lakers game thread on realgm and one of the head mods says that pimpwerx is one of the worst posters on the forum and that he unfortunately hasn't done enough to get banned lolololol

Blame Rasho is a toolbox. My and1's say otherwise. If I wasn't a good poster, no one would know who I was, like is the case with 99% of all trolls. My volume isn't high enough otherwise. BTW, I'm flattered that you care enough about me to track me across forums. I wish I could say the same. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

This.

Spo supposedly wins on talent alone, while other superteams have collapsed or languished in the distance with extremely talented rosters as well. IMO, a great coach gets the most out of what he has, and can adjust his plan to any situation. I think Spo's done a marvelous job in that regard. 3 not-so-compatible pieces are experiencing career years in efficiency, and click on both ends of the floor. For someone who's job is win or bust, he's doing what he has to. PEACE.

That list is all kinds of wrong. Vogel and Monty on top of Spo???

Here's the correct list (active coaches)

1. Pop

2. Doc, Thibs, Adelman,

3. Woodson, Karl, Spo

4. Vogel, Jackson, Brooks

5. A bunch of other guys - Wittman, Corbin, Del Negro, Monty etc

Del Negro too high...

Collins still needs to play next year or else it'll be just like when John Amaechi came out and people will forget

Blame Rasho is a toolbox. My and1's say otherwise. If I wasn't a good poster, no one would know who I was, like is the case with 99% of all trolls. My volume isn't high enough otherwise. BTW, I'm flattered that you care enough about me to track me across forums. I wish I could say the same. PEACE.

noticing that you make the same dumb and vapid posts here that you do at realgm with the same username took literally no effort on my part, don't flatter yourself too hard sunshine

Pimpwerx

noticing that you make the same dumb and vapid posts here that you do at realgm with the same username took literally no effort on my part, don't flatter yourself too hard sunshine

Yeah right. You subscribe to my posts on both forums. Don't try to deny your fandom now. PEACE.

Top Bottom