• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

I use to think the same but I realized how wrong I was, though my wife who is black disagrees. I've come to realize that bigotry is bigotry is bigotry. Injustice is injustice is injustice. Hate is hate is hate.

You have a black wife like I do and you're one of maybe 5 other people in the world besides me with a Wii U. Why must you hate the Clippers so?

Vahagn

No is forcing anyone to do anything

It shouldn't be an issue but it is for some

And if you want to take a bath they comes to terms or they don't go

Just like Royce White and flying

If you can't take a shower at home or don't play hoops

You should be allowed To play hoops based on your talent level, not based on whether you're willing to get naked in front other people or anyone in particular.

That's absurd. No one said Jason Collins should be forced to shower by himself. But if I'm an NBA player and I decide I wanna wait till Jason is done using the shower before I go in, I have every right to do that, and telling me not to pursue my career and what I love doing because of a discomfort I have with being naked around gay men is pretty damn offensive and really silly.

I use to think the same but I realized how wrong I was, though my wife who is black disagrees. I've come to realize that bigotry is bigotry is bigotry. Injustice is injustice is injustice. Hate is hate is hate.

I understand hate is hate, but there is a difference. I'm black too, and I really don't like it. It isn't the same.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I think they are different beast and different struggles

I don't get upset they are compared tho

h3ro

I still can't get past how lousy the logo/uniforms are.

So boring. The black uni set looks alright, but the home uniforms look like generic create-a-team sets. They should do as the Cowboys do and just wear one set (black) on both home and on the road.

I'm sure some marketing firm was paid millions to come up with it.

You should be allowed To play hoops based on your talent level, not based on whether you're willing to get naked in front other people or anyone in particular.

That's absurd. No one said Jason Collins should be forced to shower by himself. But if I'm an NBA player and I decide I wanna wait till Jason is done using the shower before I go in, I have every right to do that, and telling me not to pursue my career and what I love doing because of a discomfort I have with being naked around gay men is pretty damn offensive and really silly.

Sure, that dude has the right to do that. He's just an idiot.

Blackace

Then wait.

It's really not offensive if it's that much of a point for you

Just like if a racist doesn't want to work around blacks they would most likely have to quit their job if they couldn't get around it

KingKong

Just what do you think goes on in these showers?

Sanjuro

The uniforms are fine even if they are a blatant attempt to project a false feeling of a storied Brooklyn history.

That payroll, though... lol.

I feel the complete opposite. It has nothing to do with Brooklyn history. If they did, they might have went with something closer maybe to the Dodgers.

It fits the style of Brooklyn so it makes sense to me.

I lived in Brooklyn, and I could see colors fine.

Just posted this in the Beachbody thread and thought I'd share it here

GAF, either the Spurs need to sweep the Lakers more often, the fact spring finally hit Michigan, or P90X2 has really pushed me into the best physical shape in my life, because I just crushed my best running performance ever. 7 miles in 47 minutes and 41 seconds. Never thought I'd be able to do that well running wise.

My legs are gonna be burning tomorrow. Geeze. lol. What have I missed in the game so far?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Man how did gay rights take over a playoff thread? We about to see the nyets get eviscerated and we're discussing the don't ask & don't tell of Charles Barkley instead?

I think they are different beast and different struggles

I don't get upset they are compared tho

Different struggles, I agree. My point is it shouldn't be a contest of whose struggle was worse or easier. Jews have been persecuted for millennium and blacks have been persecuted for hundreds of years and women have been mistreated for thousands of years in many cultures. Each struggle is different but at the end of the day hate is hate, bigotry is bigotry.

Vahagn

Sure, that dude has the right to do that. He's just an idiot.

What about 20 and 21 year olds that took showers in Penn U locker rooms with Jerry Sandusky watching?

Jason Collins ain't Jerry Sandusky - but people have a right to worry about who they're naked in front of without being called idiots. I know you think our society is too stupidly Puritan - but people shouldn't be called stupid because they place a different value to nudity or sex or things like that. You might as well say people are stupid because they don't smoke pot or want to drink.

Branduil

I feel the complete opposite. It has nothing to do with Brooklyn history. If they did, they might have went with something closer maybe to the Dodgers.

The point is that it's supposed to look like a vintage NBA uniform from the '60s or something. The Brooklyn Nets have zero legacy so they're trying to create an imaginary one.

h3ro

Man how did gay rights take over a playoff thread? We about to see the nyets get eviscerated and we're discussing the don't ask & don't tell of Charles Barkley instead?

It was the news of the day. Why wouldn't it be discussed in here?

I just can't get over how there is a basketball team in NY having a playoff elimination game and all I heard about today was Tebow and Collins. Irrelevant-ass team.

What about 20 and 21 year olds that took showers in Penn U locker rooms with Jerry Sandusky watching?

Jason Collins ain't Jerry Sandusky - but people have a right to worry about who they're naked in front of without being called idiots. I know you think our society is too stupidly Puritan - but people shouldn't be called stupid because they place a different value to nudity or sex or things like that. You might as well say people are stupid because they don't smoke pot or want to drink.

...yoooooo he went full vag.

Sanjuro

Why would you do this?

The point is that it's supposed to look like a vintage NBA uniform from the '60s or something. The Brooklyn Nets have zero legacy so they're trying to create an imaginary one.

The Spurs? From the 70s? Vintage NBA uniforms were not predominantly like that at all.

Blackace

Yeah because a rapist is exactly the same thing as a gay man

Do you see what you are saying

iXdDjYwyxwYnV.gif

Sandusky took showers with little boys. Yeah, I think it's fair to take issue with showering amongst pedophiles.

Your comparison is ridiculous in each case. Collins has been showering with these men for years. To just be all "well, now that I know he is gay I will wait for him to shower first" makes him an idiot.

Top Bottom