• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He specifically said homosexuality is a sin just as adultery is a sin and fornication or sex before marriage is a sin. It's all the same to him. He also said, he doesn't allow that to affect whether he's friends with anyone, but that he still believes that these are sins against God and between them and God.

You didnt see the interview did you?

I don't agree with Chris, I'm just defending his right to be a Christian as long as he doesn't try to change other people's lives in his religious principles. Whether he's judging someone for being gay, that's up to him. People judge people all the time for all sorts of nonsense, it is what it is.
Yeah, there's no way he should be fired for this. I mean, it was on ESPN, in an interview, and they asked him. They knew what he was like, and still put him on a show just to ask him. It was almost like they were baiting him into saying something, so they could fire him, lol.

Branduil

disgusted.gif

I know you're trying your reverse jinx ala 11' to get dwight in dallas but man, you're trying too hard.

If I'm going to dream it's going to be about getting CP3 not Dwight.

Maybe I missed it but I heard SAS saying the Lakers can offer Dwight 30M more than any other team in the league. Why?

Dwight first two choices were Dallas and Brooklyn right? Wouldn't Dallas be able to offer the most?

The NBA allows the team the player is with before free agency to offer more years and greater yearly salary increases.

Vahagn

Except the fact that he is so willing to argue that gays are unable to live openly and carry on romantic relationships with other men disqualifies them from being in good standing before God tells me enough. There are many MANY Christians who disagree with him and argue that gays who are in a non monogamous relationship are living in just as much sin as straights who are not married. That the passages about gays in the Bible aren't as clear cut as many on the Right would like them to be. There is debate within the Christian community about this very issue.

If these individuals are correct (it's theological so there is no way to prove) then being gay will not send someone to hell. The only thing sending people to hell is to deny Christ. Therefore Chris has chosen an issue that isn't a cornerstone of the Christian faith nor is it an essential point of salvation. He has chosen to make it an issue and announced as such in this situation.

Yea, so he's misinformed and his positions aren't well thought out. I agree. As you know there are debates in Christian theology (Calvinism, Arminianism etc.) about whether faith in Christ is enough to gain salvation or whether you can lose your good standing with God due to your persistent sinful lifestyle after accepting the faith.

We can argue about whether "his" Christianity is right, or whether it's even in line with other people's understanding - but until he advocates a ban on same sex marriage or attempts to circumvent civil rights for same sex individuals and couples, or advocates for them to be treated differently that's an issue. Like if he said he doesn't think gay people should be allowed in the church that would be bigotry. As it is, he questioned the authenticity of Collins' or Kobe's or Howard's Christianity - Christians do that all day.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maybe I missed it but I heard SAS saying the Lakers can offer Dwight 30M more than any other team in the league. Why?

Dwight first two choices were Dallas and Brooklyn right? Wouldn't Dallas be able to offer the most?

The CBA enables the team that he was on before to offer him a 5 year deal, other teams can only offer 4 years.

The bigger question is whether or not the Lakers should be spending that much on Dwight given their cap hell.

alba

Little is the new Big
Back within 5, attack mode now! Yeah, Jimmy, if he shaved his head, would look exactly like Jordan too :p

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I hope Bulls fans don't overhype Butler like they do for everyone else they draft.

Noah/Deng for Melo still haunts this team.

zychi

Banned
He specifically said homosexuality is a sin just as adultery is a sin and fornication or sex before marriage is a sin. It's all the same to him. He also said, he doesn't allow that to affect whether he's friends with anyone, but that he still believes that these are sins against God and between them and God.

You didnt see the interview did you?

I don't agree with Chris, I'm just defending his right to be a Christian as long as he doesn't try to change other people's lives in his religious principles. Whether he's judging someone for being gay, that's up to him. People judge people all the time for all sorts of nonsense, it is what it is.
Espn fired Harold Reynolds for an "inappropriate" hug.

This man is on the same station as Screamin A and Troll Bayless. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is a ratings grab. This isnt Fox News, your religious views shouldn't be spoken about on the air. Broussard is a news analyst, and a mediocre one at that. A gay man coming out after his career should not affect his job, and his religious opinion should have been kept to himself.

Calling homosexuality a "open rebellion against God" has no place on Espn. Just like praising Tebow for praying doesnt. Go on Fox News and state your opinion on their shows, Broussard is on a sports network.

He is openly expressing his hateful opinion, as an American he has a right to do that, as an Espn analyst he should be fired.

If someone disrespected another person's heritage, or a white analyst stated his KKK religious beliefs, he would sure as shit be fired.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

This man is on the same station as Screamin A and Troll Bayless. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is a ratings grab. This isnt Fox News, your religious views shouldn't be spoken about on the air. Broussard is a news analyst, and a mediocre one at that. A gay man coming out after his career should not affect his job, and his religious opinion should have been kept to himself.

Calling homosexuality a "open rebellion against God" has no place on Espn. Just like praising Tebow for praying doesnt. Go on Fox News and state your opinion on their shows, Broussard is on a sports network.

He is openly expressing his hateful opinion, as an American he has a right to do that, as an Espn analyst he should be fired.

If someone disrespected another person's heritage, or a white analyst stated his KKK religious beliefs, he would sure as shit be fired.
I could agree with you if Brousaard just randomly spoke out about it, but he was placed on a ESPN show, and asked how he felt about it. They wanted to know.

I could agree with you if Brousaard just randomly spoke out about it, but he was placed on a ESPN show, and asked how he felt about it. They wanted to know.

So? If they ask him what he thinks of Mark Sanchez being a well known hispanic NFL player he doesn't have the go ahead to say racially offensive shit about him just cause he was asked about his race.

Vahagn

So people who are asked about their beliefs on an issue should pretend to be something they're not and be closet Christians because watching Christians talk about their ideas when asked on a channel you happen to watch should get them fired?

Now replace Christian with gay - and see how you feel about that?

"If gay people want to openly talk about being gay nd their opinions when they're asked they should go on Bravo or Lifestyle. Don't come on ESPN"

Even though hearing the word God on ESPn makes me cringe at times, I'm not going to say they can't mention God and should be fired for doing so

Sounds like you hate Christians as much as homophobes hate Gays.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So? If they ask him what he thinks of Mark Sanchez being a well known hispanic NFL player he doesn't have the go ahead to say racially offensive shit about him just cause he was asked about his race.
I don't know. I just don't feel it's right to fire him. Then again, I feel that way about anything anyone says. If he feels that being gay is against his beliefs, but he still feels that they should be afforded every right, and acts like a professional around them, then I don't care.

So people who are asked about their beliefs on an issue should pretend to be something they're not and be closet Christians because watching Christians talk about their ideas when asked on a channel you happen to watch should get them fired?

"If gay people want to openly talking about being gay And their opinions go on Bravo or Lifestyle. Don't come on ESPN"

Even though hearing the word God on ESPn makes me cringe at times, I'm not going to say they can't mention God and should be fired for doing so

you gon fail that gmat.

"If gay people want to openly talk about being gay nd their opinions when they're asked they should go on Bravo or Lifestyle. Don't come on ESPN"

cat-stop-posting-VWhZbF.jpg

Top Bottom