• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Wait wait wait.

Nick Collison played 7 minutes and had 6 points on 3 of 3 shooting, 2 rebounds and 2 blocks?

Is this box score real?
146497686_crop_exact.jpg

linsivvi

I'm not sure what you're arguing with me here. I'm saying the break even point is lower than 52 so obviously it is stupid to hack asik.

I am saying if Asik was a 50% FT shoot or so then hacking works. It's definitely not 40% like you stated unless it's a offensively challenged team.

Just do the math, you're smarter than that.

Fjordson

remember when okc-age said martin is a better fit than harden?
Wasn't there some scenario where OKC could have gotten Klay Thompson? When Presti was shopping Harden. I feel like even he'd be better than Martin. Averaged slightly more PPG (though that would change with Westbrook and Durant I'm sure) they shoot about the same percentage from 3, and Klay is super underrated on defense.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I never got banished.

Bailed on your team when shit got rough. Fraudulent ass shit. You are the Kevin Martin of #rednation.
Will you two sit down? You're getting in the way of my Bulls bashing!

Omer Asik has made greater offensive progress on his game in one season with the Rockets than Drunk Illiterate Taj has done in all his years with the Bulls.

giri

Wasn't there some scenario where OKC could have gotten Klay Thompson? When Presti was shopping Harden. I feel like even he'd be better than Martin. Averaged slightly more PPG (though that would change with Westbrook and Durant I'm sure) they shoot about the same percentage from 3, and Klay is super underrated on defense.

I think you mean beale from detroit.

Nelo Ice

Banned

IIRC GS would've done it but they didn't want to be cap fucked with Harden's contract since they decided it was a great idea to amnesty Charlie Bell and not Biedrins then give that contract offer to DeAndre Jordan. They tried getting OKC to take Biedrins though.

KingGondo

Banned
How can Kevin Martin be playing this bad? KD is being doubled on almost every possession and yet Martin is nowhere to be seen to help pick up the scoring slack. When Sefo is your second best player in a game you've got issues. I can't begin to comprehend how bad OKC has been since YNB went down. Scott Brooks has been shown to the world he can't coach. Perkins shouldn't even see the court in this series, and against teams like Miami. He does nothing in this series other then commit fouls. Nick Collison comes in and gives points, rebounds and effort and yet he's on the bench. SMH at this series
This.

And with that, I'm going to bed. GG Rox-Age.

xnipx

If the thunder never trade green and let ibaka walk they could have had a nucleus of ynot Durant collision green and harden for the next 5-6 years right? That's like the ultimate small ball crunch time lineup right there. Even better than Miami IMO since they would be athletic enough as a whole to equalize lebrons advantage as the best player on the planet.

giri

How can Kevin Martin be playing this bad? KD is being doubled on almost every possession and yet Martin is nowhere to be seen to help pick up the scoring slack. When Sefo is your second best player in a game you've got issues. I can't begin to comprehend how bad OKC has been since YNB went down. Scott Brooks has been shown to the world he can't coach. Perkins shouldn't even see the court in this series, and against teams like Miami. He does nothing in this series other then commit fouls. Nick Collison comes in and gives points, rebounds and effort and yet he's on the bench. SMH at this series

Because Kevin Martin is one of the all time most over rated players ever, by people who either A) in the media or B) don't watch much basketball / know much about it.

He's terrible and has made every team he's been on worse.

Fjordson

IIRC GS would've done it but they didn't want to be cap fucked with Harden's contract since they decided it was a great idea to amnesty Charlie Bell and not Biedrins then give that contract offer to DeAndre Jordan.
Ah, I see, thanks. Lol @ DeAndre.

As a Warriors fan I really like Klay and Curry as our backcourt, so I'm sort of glad they didn't do that (not that Klay is as good as Harden mind you).

If the thunder never trade green and let ibaka walk they could have had a nucleus of ynot Durant collision green and harden for the next 5-6 years right? That's like the ultimate small ball crunch time lineup right there. Even better than Miami IMO since they would be athletic enough as a whole to equalize lebrons advantage as the best player on the planet.

Hnnnnnnggh.

Brooks is a horrible coach. No fucking way they win a championship with that retard running plays. The best thing that could happen to the Fthunder is for them to lose in 7 games. That way, Books will get fired.

I am saying if Asik was a 50% FT shoot or so then hacking works. It's definitely not 40% like you stated unless it's a offensively challenged team.

Just do the math, you're smarter than that.

Straight math says around 48% when you figure in standard offensive rebounding on fts.

However there is evidence that orebounding on poor ft shooters is higher and ft percentage on hacking is higher from the dudes norm so it actually lowers it closer to 40%. Saw a Sloan paper a few years ago put it around 43%.

i really didnt think YNB was this important to the team. not sure if its him as a player or if the team is just shook about what happened to him

If the Knicks manage to lose this series, I think I'm done with sports for a while.

and the nets advancing to round 2? geez

i probably wont be sober until next season

houston can probably win this series

their backcourt is quicker than okc's and francisco garcia is doing to durant what jason collins did against dwight

LOL BROOKS. he said he would have gotten out of hacking asik if they made a shot to cut it to 7.

But they cut it to 6.

Thank god chuck saying they have to cut Perkins.

It's fun to imagine the upsets but OKC and NYK are both winning their respective series. It would take an insane amount of choke for NYK to shoot like ass two more consecutive games against the old Celtics. Houston is bound to have a cold spell that dooms them in the next two games.

KingKong

Straight math says around 48% when you figure in standard offensive rebounding on fts.

However there is evidence that orebounding on poor ft shooters is higher and ft percentage on hacking is higher from the dudes norm so it actually lowers it closer to 40%. Saw a Sloan paper a few years ago put it around 43%.

But the whole point is saving time. Even if the other team ends up scoring at the same efficiency, if youre scoring nearly every time youre saving ~20 secs per possession. Obviously if you cant score then it doesnt work

It's fun to imagine the upsets but OKC and NYK are both winning their respective series. It would take an insane amount of choke for NYK to shoot like ass two more consecutive games against the old Celtics. Houston is bound to have a cold spell that dooms them in the next two games.

We were cold for four straight games. This is the first game we shot well.

houston is better at every position except small forward

Top Bottom