• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

exarkun

Its times like this that I don't know why people are so eager to get rid of Asik for Dwight. Asik has more heart, will give more to the team chemistry, great defense and rebounding, and can work on his offense. Hes made huuuuge strides in the offensive category since Chicago.

We may still go for dwight, but damn Asik has been a real player this year. Dude has done (almost) everything we've ask of him.

3asikhammer.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Its times like this that I don't know why people are so eager to get rid of Asik for Dwight. Asik has more heart, will give more to the team chemistry, great defense and rebounding, and can work on his offense. Hes made huuuuge strides in the offensive category since Chicago.

We may still go for dwight, but damn Asik has been a real player this year. Dude has done (almost) everything we've ask of him.
And he doesn't have a chronic case of plantar fascitis.

Smokey

Who said anything about getting rid of Asik? He would come off the bench if Howard were to come here. Perfect scenario imo. A defensive presence with the first and second group.

Mashing

I'm a huge Rockets fan, but it's going to be a tall order to win a game 7 on the home court if we win game 6. However, their defense in this series has been their strongest defense they've played all season. When the rockets play motivated defense they're very tough to beat. I don't think we'll shoot this well again and OKC shot HORRIBLY tonight, I don't expect that to happen again either.

With that said, this team has exceeded my expectations for this a 1000-fold. I love teams that have heart and this team has it in bucket fulls.

Fjordson

This KD narrative is soooo dumb. Why do we feel the need to do this?
Not sure what narrative you mean, I just thought Durant saying that was pretty goofy. As if he doesn't know who Asik is when he just played a major part in owning OKC (and scored more than Durant in the 4th). KD has become sort of unlikable in my opinion.

If you weren't referring to my post then feel free to ignore this.

Oh, i'm loving every minute of this. Houston has no margin for error, which is a shame because they need to stay cool an Lin-less to win the series. It would be a gift for us Sonics fans to watch that... with Seattle native Aaron Brooks helping it.

Asik does everything you need from a center which is not a superstar. He's serviceable, efficient and doesn't fool around.

As for the Knicks series, i don't get the surprises. They are a horrible team that benefits from playing in the east. They rely on hero ball from JR and Melo, and they do little else. Incredibly easy team to figure out, because they don't run any type of offense. Who are we kidding if Rondo was healthy it wouldn't even be a series. I won't be surprised if the Celtics left overs and old guys can take out New York.

Pimpwerx

Oh, i'm loving every minute of this. Houston has no margin for error, which is a shame because they need to stay cool an Lin-less to win the series. It would be a gift for us Sonics fans to watch that... with Seattle native Aaron Brooks helping it.

Asik does everything you need from a center which is not a superstar. He's serviceable, efficient and doesn't fool around.

As for the Knicks series, i don't get the surprises. They are a horrible team that benefits from playing in the east. They rely on hero ball from JR and Melo, and they do little else. Incredibly easy team to figure out, because they don't run any type of offense. Who are we kidding if Rondo was healthy it wouldn't even be a series. I won't be surprised if the Celtics left overs and old guys can take out New York.

Coming from down 3-0 to do it? With their terrible offense? Yeah...I'd be mad surprised if Boston pulls this off. PEACE.

TylerD

Not sure what narrative you mean, I just thought Durant saying that was pretty goofy. As if he doesn't know who Asik is when he just played a major part in owning OKC (and scored more than Durant in the 4th). KD has become sort of unlikable in my opinion.

If you weren't referring to my post then feel free to ignore this.

And maybe he didn't know how to pronounce Asik's name.

What a terrible mess we are in with an idiot of a coach.

People bitching about the officiating all around me tonight when they should be more pissed off that when your ISO ball with 2 stars turns into ISO ball with 1 star and a bunch of scrubs (so far) you can't get any easy buckets. Defense was abysmal as well.

sigh...

Great game on Rockets part.

exarkun

Who said anything about getting rid of Asik? He would come off the bench if Howard were to come here. Perfect scenario imo. A defensive presence with the first and second group.

You know we can't pay him that third year to stay on the bench, Morey can't justify paying him that money if we can get Josh Smith or some good 4, and alot of real Rox fans I've talked to (and the radio bros) in the H when I go back seem to think its going to happen. I don't put much faith in the last part, but I kind of think the first two are real problems for keeping him.

I agree with you though. Him on the bench would be amazing, and playing them at the same time would be redonkulous. Probably a bad idea, but the block party would be on. I would never play with a different team in 2k14

Mashing

He can't stay health (Love). Do not want. I'm warming up to Josh Smith because I'd like to bring his all around game to Houston. His ability to block shots is very welcome too.

Heat beat Memphis in six games, mark it

West is so much weaker than we think. Spurs can't win a series against a good team (yet) and the only other contenders just complain about physical ball. It's the playoffs, Jesus christ

Pimpwerx

@EthanJSkolnick 1h
@WallaceNBA_ESPN green-Westbrook-harden-Ibaka-Durant

Crazy to think that Presti is so highly praised, but he's made a couple trades in the last few years that have taken his team in the wrong direction. He's never living down that Harden trade. PEACE.

giri

Eh, anyone saying they should have kept Green are forgetting the past. He looked mediocre as a stretch 4 and was constantly getting embarassed by a bevy of real PF's.

Trading green was the right call, and perkins wasn't necessarily the worst return, but he probably should have got more.

The Harden trade, Ibaka contract, and Brooks extensions were all dumb though.

jeff green was fucking garbage 2 years ago

no one had any clue that he'd suddenly learn how to play basketball after 4 years of being terrible

Eh, anyone saying they should have kept Green are forgetting the past. He looked mediocre as a stretch 4 and was constantly getting embarassed by a bevy of real PF's.

Trading green was the right call, and perkins wasn't necessarily the worst return, but he probably should have got more.

The Harden trade, Ibaka contract, and Brooks extensions were all dumb though.

Green is still bad, but people have short memories. Only remember what he's done in his last game.

Giving Perk that extension was bad but choosing not to amnesty him over keeping Harden was atrocious.

jeff green was fucking garbage 2 years ago

no one had any clue that he'd suddenly learn how to play basketball after 4 years of being terrible

Still not any good though.

giri

Presti's best trade was the one he took back.

Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Chandler wins a title.

Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and DeVon Hardin was simply too much to give up for exactly what they need.

I actually think about this regularly when ever i see them playing perk vs a small ball team.

Imagine chandler telling ibaka to stop being a douche and get position.

BUT

we would never have seen dirk embarrass the rest of the NBA during that run, so, i'm ok with it really.

GUESS WHO

xytMND8.png

That doesn't even include tonight's terrible game.

Damn, stealth edit. I was gonna say you need to add in tonight's game.

I warned thunder-gaf that he won't come through when it matters.

Still, Perkins playing is what is really costing them right now. lolbrooks.

Top Bottom