• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

kevin-durant-sports-illustrated-cover-oklahoma-city-thunder.jpg

:(

He'll also be the 2nd team where a #8 seed will knock off the #1 seed in the last 10 years.

But the whole point is saving time. Even if the other team ends up scoring at the same efficiency, if youre scoring nearly every time youre saving ~20 secs per possession. Obviously if you cant score then it doesnt work

Which is why it can only work short term. If you push it 5 or so times, you're going to not score and the other guy will probably get close to his avg.

When it was a 6 point game and over 3:30 left they should have stopped. They hit on 16 and got a 20. Then they hit again hoping to land an ace.

Emwitus

How can Kevin Martin be playing this bad? KD is being doubled on almost every possession and yet Martin is nowhere to be seen to help pick up the scoring slack. When Sefo is your second best player in a game you've got issues. I can't begin to comprehend how bad OKC has been since YNB went down. Scott Brooks has been shown to the world he can't coach. Perkins shouldn't even see the court in this series, and against teams like Miami. He does nothing in this series other then commit fouls. Nick Collison comes in and gives points, rebounds and effort and yet he's on the bench. SMH at this series

The team is pretty much 06 lakers right now with durant for kobe. Let's see how far he can take them

Cipherr

Im gassed man. I want all these remaining series to go to 7 games. Let Miami and San Antonio rest their bones while the riff raff tend to their respective fuckball.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's fun to imagine the upsets but OKC and NYK are both winning their respective series. It would take an insane amount of choke for NYK to shoot like ass two more consecutive games against the old Celtics. Houston is bound to have a cold spell that dooms them in the next two games.
Do you know who my teams are? I'm quite familiar with epic choke jobs.

Fjordson

This game just furthered my belief that Asik is a boss. Ugly on offense at times, but he's always mixing it up inside and beating the hack-a-shaq was great.

Collison should be fucking starting. Fisher and Liggins getting pt over Lamb is stupid.
As a UK fan I'ma say no way on Liggins. Dude was clutch in our final four run a few years ago. Agreed on Fisher, though.

you're probably right about Liggins also :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol @ Metta World Peace's tweet about Asik

fuck you Royce White! you will never be a real Rocket. #bewell

linsivvi

Straight math says around 48% when you figure in standard offensive rebounding on fts.

I question that. You can't use team offensive rebound % on FT situations, especially when Asik is their best rebounder and much less likely for him to get an offensive rebound shooting FTs than he normally would.

However there is evidence that orebounding on poor ft shooters is higher and ft percentage on hacking is higher from the dudes norm so it actually lowers it closer to 40%. Saw a Sloan paper a few years ago put it around 43%.

Link?

I question that. You can't use team offensive rebound % on FT situations, especially when Asik is their best rebounder and much less likely for him to get an offensive rebound shooting FTs than he normally would.

Link?

True it has to be readjusted since asik is the one shooting. And like you said it technically depends on the team's offense since these are league averages. I don't have a link its been a long while since in saw it.

I wouldn't do the strategy on anyone above 50%. Honestly deandre Jordan and Reggie Evans might be the only 2 players to do it with that play enough to matter.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Durant said their strategy was "hack a....whatever that guy's name is".

So disrespectful.

Durant has really become one salty bitch.

linsivvi

True it has to be readjusted since asik is the one shooting. And like you said it technically depends on the team's offense since these are league averages. I don't have a link its been a long while since in saw it.

I wouldn't do the strategy on anyone above 50%. Honestly deandre Jordan and Reggie Evans might be the only 2 players to do it with that play enough to matter.

Yeah anyone over 50% is just stupid. Dwight is questionable but I suppose it works because he's mentally weak.

Top Bottom