• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

dalVlatko

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 8m
By the way, Mike Bantom, the league's VP in charge of supervising officiating, is at the game tonight. So, fun trip for him.
It all makes sense now

Stern made the call but the refs were scared because Bantom was there

BadAss2961

ku-xlarge.gif

paint your face clown
lol. This is a disgrace.

Anyway, Heat should be ashamed of themselves. They've got no business being in this situation.

You can't take two steps and stop, then dribble again. You either take two steps and dribble or take two steps and stop followed by a pass or shot.
Learn your fucking calls. "Dribbling again" is a double dribble.

The call looks like this

pau-gasolaurios.gif

Also you can't take two steps and dribble.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Also because that's Lebron "I don't know how to flop" James.

Him fouling out might of been the refs (and stern) telling him to "shut the fuck up" and stop drawing attention to how they favor him with calls. A smaller version happened when the media took note of how Lebron didn't get a foul call for six games and the very next game Lebron get's a tech called against him.

Vestal

On the catch he made two steps and came to a stop. At that point,if you stop, you can't pivot or dribble...what the fuck were you watching?

The fuck kind of basketball do you play??! When you receive a pass in motion you are allowed steps until you "gather" yourself and still maintain a pivot foot.

Have you ever seen a player receive a pass in transition come to a complete stop and then start his dribble?!?! Same thing.

IT WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE CALL.

I am actually going to freaking record it and post it, cause it was horrible.

Cloudy

Banned
Tie game with about a minute and change left. Chalmers jacks up a fadeaway on the baseline after dribbling the whole possession. Miami was in the penalty. Awful...

Him fouling out might of been the refs (and stern) telling him to "shut the fuck up" and stop drawing attention to how they favor him with calls. A smaller version happened when the media took note of how Lebron didn't get a foul call for six games and the very next game Lebron get's a tech called against him.

OR...he committed six fouls in the game.

Pimpwerx

Refs were terrible!

But they're not the reason we shot under 40% and they shot over 50%, either. I wouldn't be mad if they defended us well and just shut us down. However, how pivotal were those missed Rio open floaters and layups now? In a low-possession game, every possession counts. Whatever.

The foul trouble was again a big factor. I felt better when we played shitty defense, but still stayed out of foul trouble. This playing shitty defense, while fouling is not a good mix. I'm not gonna blame the officials. They weren't the reason we missed so many open shots. Anyway, I just gotta say...

FUCK YOU SHANE!

Sorry.

I try not to get mad at our guys, but he played 17 minutes of suck. UD's statline is somewhat deceptive, since he played during minutes when we couldn't score.

Still, I'm honestly not worried. I believe we need to manage the fouls better. Getting early fouls on Bosh and Wade is a disaster. I'm really shocked we haven't gotten that under control yet. Getting Bron into the post early is also really important. I'm not sure why he abandoned it in the second half. I guess it's the ankle, but still. No radio tomorrow. Another day of incredible productivity awaits. PEACE.

Emwitus

Learn your fucking calls. "Dribbling again" is a double dribble.

The call looks like this

pau-gasolaurios.gif

What the fuck kinda answer is that? The faster yo shit super team is out the better.

A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble,
may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the
ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step.

Learn your rules too buddy.

Emwitus

The fuck kind of basketball do you play??! When you receive a pass in motion you are allowed steps until you "gather" yourself and still maintain a pivot foot.

Have you ever seen a player receive a pass in transition come to a complete stop and then start his dribble?!?! Same thing.

IT WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE CALL.

I am actually going to freaking record it and post it, cause it was horrible.

Do that.

GamerSoul

I think Spo needs to do something with his lineup. Battier is giving them absolutely nothing. Ray Ray hit some shots today but he is has been pretty off too. Go to Miller, Anthony, and James Jones if you have to. And for the love of god tell LeBron and Wade to stop trying to kick out for open 3s or jumpers for Bosh or Haslem.

True, I can't understand Battier and Ray's slump. Like you hinted at, I think there's just a few plays where Lebron should just drive to the basket and exert his presence BEFORE they lose the lead/tie. Worst case is that he'll get fouled and go to the line.

Vire

Refs were terrible!

But they're not the reason we shot under 40% and they shot over 50%, either. I wouldn't be mad if they defended us well and just shut us down. However, how pivotal were those missed Rio open floaters and layups now? In a low-possession game, every possession counts. Whatever.

The foul trouble was again a big factor. I felt better when we played shitty defense, but still stayed out of foul trouble. This playing shitty defense, while fouling is not a good mix. I'm not gonna blame the officials. They weren't the reason we missed so many open shots. Anyway, I just gotta say...

FUCK YOU SHANE!

Sorry.

I try not to get mad at our guys, but he played 17 minutes of suck. UD's statline is somewhat deceptive, since he played during minutes when we couldn't score.

Still, I'm honestly not worried. I believe we need to manage the fouls better. Getting early fouls on Bosh and Wade is a disaster. I'm really shocked we haven't gotten that under control yet. Getting Bron into the post early is also really important. I'm not sure why he abandoned it in the second half. I guess it's the ankle, but still. No radio tomorrow. Another day of incredible productivity awaits. PEACE.
I was thinking the same thing.

The salt on Lebatard will be too much for me. Just going to wait it out till Game 5.

Top Bottom