• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

I didnt realize bosh was just 1/7. Yeah.

Gotta admit I thought wade would be better by now. This is the first time I've felt like Miami may not win it all just because I'm not sure if wade will be good enough anymore brush don't need 25 & 6 wade but he's been jr smith bad.

Refs were terrible!

But they're not the reason we shot under 40% and they shot over 50%, either. I wouldn't be mad if they defended us well and just shut us down. However, how pivotal were those missed Rio open floaters and layups now? In a low-possession game, every possession counts. Whatever.

The foul trouble was again a big factor. I felt better when we played shitty defense, but still stayed out of foul trouble. This playing shitty defense, while fouling is not a good mix. I'm not gonna blame the officials. They weren't the reason we missed so many open shots. Anyway, I just gotta say...

FUCK YOU SHANE!

Sorry.

I try not to get mad at our guys, but he played 17 minutes of suck. UD's statline is somewhat deceptive, since he played during minutes when we couldn't score.

Still, I'm honestly not worried. I believe we need to manage the fouls better. Getting early fouls on Bosh and Wade is a disaster. I'm really shocked we haven't gotten that under control yet. Getting Bron into the post early is also really important. I'm not sure why he abandoned it in the second half. I guess it's the ankle, but still. No radio tomorrow. Another day of incredible productivity awaits. PEACE.

I love panic radio, its fun.

Other points spot on.

No, we're clamoring for the return of LeBron to make shots, Wade to not play completely broken, and for our 3 point 'snipers' to snipe.

LeBron will be fine as will Bosh. Miami will win the next two but it will be on the back of Bron. Wade really is done. I know it hurts to realize that now but I think even Iamshadowlark will begin to accept that soon enough.

I really love this Pacers team. Compared to the years where Jamaal Tinsley was out smoking or shooting at clubs with Jackson or when Artest was throwing punches at opponents and mirrors, this is a really likeable team.

Vire

What I don't understand about Wade is that he had an amazingly efficient regular season shooting above 50% and then in the Playoffs he regresses to JR Smith levels of bad.

I really want to know what's going on.

I didnt realize bosh was just 1/7. Yeah.

Gotta admit I thought wade would be better by now. This is the first time I've felt like Miami may not win it all just because I'm not sure if wade will be good enough anymore brush don't need 25 & 6 wade but he's been jr smith bad.

It'll be interesting to see how Pop designs the defense for the Heat. Both teams are at full strength (atm) but Wade's drop off means Green can defend him one on one. I wonder if the Heat's role players not hitting 3's would continue against the Spurs

Emwitus

NBA rule book: Section XIII (travelling)

A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble,
may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the
ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step

I guess so.

Anth0ny

rkYQf5b.png

What I don't understand about Wade is that he had an amazingly efficient regular season shooting above 50% and then in the Playoffs he regresses to JR Smith levels of bad.

Probably a combination of getting worn down and not being able to coast on playing super shitty East teams

Pimpwerx

Are Heat fans clamoring for the return of Joel Anthony?!

We shot under 40%, and they shot 50%. This game should've been a blowout. Despite the FG%, defense did modestly well. I don't mind this game at all. I think we should never have lost Game2. That's why this isn't a 3-1 series. Beating the Pacers twice in a row was gonna be a challenge, as tonight demonstrates. It's not gonna go in your favor every night. I didn't see anything tonight that suggests a problem for the Heat. I think we'll be fine on our home floor, if we do what we did tonight. We just need to hit some fucking shots. Battier needs to put up shots as early as Ray. If he's not starting, he needs to find other ways to get his shot warmed up. PEACE.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
OR...he committed six fouls in the game.

I'm not saying he didn't commit six fouls.... What I am saying is normally the refs aren't going to call Six fouls on Lebron.... and who here believes any ref would have the balls to call 6 fouls on him in game 4 to even out the ECF? Cause if you said you believed that would of been a possibility before seeing it you would of been lying.

On the flip side Lebron today was feeling himself to much and said hey I shouldn't get called for flopping cause I never flop and fuck the system that is part of the game anyhow.... All this drew a lot of media attention to the fact that Lebron does flop and hardly ever gets called for it. I felt those 6 foul calls were a lesson bruh, not him committing the fouls, but the refs calling him on it and showing they would put him out of a game.

Hooker-swindling wife beaters are cool now?

I'm not going to say Lance is a saint, but dude has turned his life around and until he fucks up again, I'm not going to hold shit over his head. As long as he's admitted his faults and has asked for forgiveness from the wronged party, I don't care.

I think Wade got called for the travel because he awkwardly hesitated when he stepped back. Bad call. Bosh and other players travel much more consistently by shuffling their feet when they catch it out on the perimeter.

random but during the highlights they showed heat fans watching in Miami, do those viewing parties cost money?

lol celtics didnt do shit like that last year

Vahagn

All this HEAT-Gaf salt is so incredible. It's like they have no idea how to act when they get screwed with the officiating!

It's such a foreign concept to them they never thought it might be a possibility one time in a 7 game series

It'll be interesting to see how Pop designs the defense for the Heat. Both teams are at full strength (atm) but Wade's drop off means Green can defend him one on one. I wonder if the Heat's role players not hitting 3's would continue against the Spurs

Him and Manu both being crap cancels each other out.

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, Miami shot under 40% and got murdered on the glass. Heat should feel good cos this game should not have been cloose

Zeus Molecules

That's because nobody here actually likes your basketball team, if the Pacers were to advance you'd be alone in your circle-jerk of fuckball

So enjoy your drive by posts for the week

hey to be fair I want the spurs to annihilate whatever team comes out from the East.... so your basketball team and his aren't shit to me either....

All this HEAT-Gaf salt is so incredible. It's like they have no idea how to act when they get screwed with the officiating!

It's such a foreign concept to them they never thought it might be a possibility one time in a 7 game series

Who is complaining about the refs? Who said we lost cause of officiating?

PBY

Banned

Man don't throw me under that bus. I fucking hate ref talk.

It's why Frankman is my nemesis.

Vire

Even if the Heat do go on to the Finals through Lebron carrying us on his back, we really need to get the three point shooting solved. And quickly...

The entire team offense revolves around driving and dishing for wide open three point snipers.

If Ray and Shane don't get it together, we aren't winning the chip. Plain and simple.

That or Spo decides to start Miller/Rashard.

That's because nobody here actually likes your basketball team, if the Pacers were to advance you'd be alone in your circle-jerk of fuckball

So enjoy your drive by posts for the week

Too late Knux, too late :(

I'm fine with that. I don't like the majority of the NBA. Also, I'm only really posting cause I'm pretty damn drunk. This place moves too fast for me.

Edit: That and after the last game I had to go out on a long drive to cool my nerves as the defense in the second quarter was pathetic.

as opposed to the 2 1/2 hours of crying that you do during the game?

His knee is fucked?

It's kind of hard to play the way he plays on a shit knee.

Unlike his peer Wade relies a lot on his athleticism and speed...and just the fuck everything way he throws his body around.

On a fucked knee...that isn't as easy.

trust me...I know about fucked knees.

and that was not a Bynum crack...honest

effzee

Him fouling out might of been the refs (and stern) telling him to "shut the fuck up" and stop drawing attention to how they favor him with calls. A smaller version happened when the media took note of how Lebron didn't get a foul call for six games and the very next game Lebron get's a tech called against him.

You guys sure love your conspiracies. The reason LeBron doesn't foul out more often is because he isn't trying to help so much in the low post all the time.

Why does LeBron have to foul out anyway? Most guards/forwards don't. Hell most players don't. These guys have been in foul trouble all series and Pacers have shot as many if not more FTs all series. So please enough with the conspiracy BS about the refs.

it's pretty crazy though how afraid wade is to shoot a jumpshot, he knocking them down fairly consistently during the regular season. He's never been a good shooter but I've never seen him play so timidly.

he is in carnival cruise mode.

Even if the Heat do go on to the Finals through Lebron carrying us on his back, we really need to get the three point shooting solved. And quickly...

The entire team offense revolves around driving and dishing for wide open three point snipers.

If Ray and Shane don't get it together, we aren't winning the chip.

finals Battier > regular Battier

Ray will hit some i guess, i'd rather have steroid lewis though

Zeus Molecules

You guys sure love your conspiracies. The reason LeBron doesn't foul out more often is because he isn't trying to help so much in the low post all the time.

Why does LeBron have to foul out anyway? Most guards/forwards don't. Hell most players don't. These guys have been in foul trouble all series and Pacers have shot as many if not more FTs all series. So please enough with the conspiracy BS about the refs.

Lebron is hardly ever called for fouls at all, which is insane considering the minutes he plays... He always gets the benefit of the doubt. How can you deny that?

Top Bottom