• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Again, I never said there wasn't calls favorable to the Heat. All I've said for the last damn 7 years is that I heard very little talk about referees being a factor in Miami winning games 3 and 4, then suddenly game 5 happened and for whatever reason history remembers game 5 as the only game that matters.

Go ahead and post a few of the YouTube videos of 'Dwyane Wade phantom foul" from game 6---do you really think that calls in the 2nd and 3rd quarter are why Dallas lost that game and ultimately the series? If so, bummer for you. Many Dallas fans treat that series like "If the refs weren't in the way, it's ours!" while ignoring a lot of the ass play Dallas had. It's been a long 7 years of excuse making that's for sure.

But I'm glad you are fully supportive of the "Heat fans need to stay silent while everybody else cries during the game" movement

Great way to prove the refs didn't help the Heat. I've watched a lot from those Finals, not much will not sway my mind or many other fans/media people who agree it was awful reffed series. The last two games came down to a total of 4 points, if you honestly believe almost 50 FTs the last two games for Dwade are justified, then there's really no point in discussing your opinion on the matter to begin with.

And yes, I do believe that if a certain team has had their asses covered for them by the refs for almost every game the past 3 seasons, then they have NO room to complain when calls finally stop going their way.

born-ready_medium.gif

Sup, PI

That's you're new avi

Smh.

Crisco

Banned
Is calling for Bosh to go after rebounds more aggressively and score in the post really realistic? I cursory glance at his career stats shows he's never been that kind of player, especially the rebounding. Even more so since he's joined the Heat. Dude isn't a banger, and expecting him to get in there and mix it up against Hibbert, West, and co isn't realistic. That's their game, not his.

Great way to prove the refs didn't help the Heat. I've watched a lot from those Finals, not much will not sway my mind or many other fans/media people who agree it was awful reffed series. The last two games came down to a total of 4 points, if you honestly believe almost 50 FTs the last two games for Dwade are justified, then there's really no point in discussing your opinion on the matter to begin with.

And yes, I do believe that if a certain team has had their asses covered for them by the refs for almost every game the past 3 seasons, then they have NO room to complain when calls finally stop going their way.

You know how game 6 wouldn't come down to 3 points? If Jason Terry doesn't shoot 7-25, Josh Howard 5-16, and Stackhouse 5-13

Keep those excuses churning out though!

Did you have a great time watching Dirk shoot more free throws than the entire San Antonio Spurs team in the semifinals? I hope you didn't, cause if the refs didn't rig that game, Dallas wouldn't even have made it!

Is calling for Bosh to go after rebounds more aggressively and score in the post really realistic? I cursory glance at his career stats shows he's never been that kind of player, especially the rebounding. Even more so since he's joined the Heat. Dude isn't a banger, and expecting him to get in there and mix it up against Hibbert, West, and co isn't realistic. That's their game, not his.

I don't think anyone expects him to outrebound Hibbert. Dude has to have more boards than Ray Allen though

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I personally can't stand watching Wade play. He's a slasher with one of the highest usage %s in league history, and is by far the worst flopper in the league.

Almost every play he's involved in (and there are a LOT of them, as I've already mentioned), he flops. It's disgusting, because he beats guys off the dribble and runs past them or around them or away from them and still flops like they killed him. He avoids contact while trying to sell contact, and he relies on the refs to bail him out of situations he shouldn't need to be bailed out of, wasting his talents and taking the lazy way out.

Even well-known floppers like JJ Barea don't flop as much as Wade, and he, unlike Wade, actually tries to initiate contact and is naturally sort of out of control when he's on the move. Wade is composed and stable and always relying on his ability to beat defenders, and it makes his flops all the more ridiculous.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ofDBqO_cb...Ea333lzTA/s640/Dwyane+Wade+flop+on+PAcers.gif

http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif

I can't wait until Wade is out of the league.

Heavily skewed by game 3 which was a blow out. Small sample, outlier and all that.

right, they haven't been historic in reality. But they've been fine. Only one game was "bad" and 2 games above their season average. The last was 1 point off. That "bad" one was still better than Indy's season average and around the tops for the NBA.

I personally can't stand watching Wade play. He's a slasher with one of the highest usage %s in league history, and is by far the worst flopper in the league.

Almost every play he's involved in (and there are a LOT of them, as I've already mentioned), he flops. It's disgusting, because he beats guys off the dribble and runs past them or around them or away from them and still flops like they killed him. He avoids contact while trying to sell contact, and he relies on the refs to bail him out.

Even well-known floppers like JJ Barea don't flop as much as Wade, and he tries to initiate contract and is naturally sort of out of control when he's on the move. Wade is composed and stable and it makes his flops all the more ridiculous.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ofDBqO_cbl...+on+PAcers.gif

http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif

I can't wait until Wade is out of the league.

lol wat, cp3, barrea and harden probably flop more than Wade. cp3's are really funny though
Chris-Paul-Flop-GIF.gif

scaled.php

Vahagn

right, they haven't been historic in reality. But they've been fine. Only one game was "bad" and 2 games above their season average. The last was 1 point off. That "bad" one was still better than Indy's season average and around the tops for the NBA.

As a Ortg sure.

But they've been kept under a 100 points in 2 games, and the third game needed OT to barely get there. That's traditionally thought of as good defense.

As a Ortg sure.

But they've been kept under a 100 points in 2 games, and the third game needed OT to barely get there. That's traditionally thought of as good defense.

Yeah, and they've been wrong all this time.

Not adjusting for pace is wrong. Miami only scored 103 per game despite a 112 ORTG.

I don't care about tradition. It's been proven in all the sports to be wrong.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
lol wat, cp3, barrea and harden probably flop more than Wade. cp3's are really funny though
Chris-Paul-Flop-GIF.gif

Okay, CP3 I'll give you, but at least he has the build to make his flops believable if only due to size (6'0, 170-175 lbs)

Wade has 4-5 inches on Paul and 45-50 lbs, and also avoids contact more than Paul does. And Wade also has a higher usage % (30% vs ~22%) so he might not flop as often but he flops MORE simply because he's playing on the ball more.

giri

lol @ all the people engaging shadowdork in basketball conversation.

Dude is an apologist troll. Yall got got, hook line and sinker.

Vahagn

Yeah, and they've been wrong all this time.

Not adjusting for pace is wrong. Miami only scored 103 per game despite a 112 ORTG.

I don't care about tradition. It's been proven in all the sports to be wrong.

As an opposing defense what would you rather have? Miami score 115 on a 108 ORTG or score 95 on a 112 ORTG?

If you take away 7-8 transition buckets you slow the pace of the game down, but that slowed pace isn't arbitrary, it's advantageous as opposed to giving up that much in transition no?

so what we've learned today is that Vag is a supporter of women beater

I knew you were a Kobe fanatic but man I didn't know you hated women too

As an opposing defense what would you rather have? Miami score 115 on a 108 ORTG or score 95 on a 112 ORTG?

If you take away 7-8 transition buckets you slow the pace of the game down, but that slowed pace isn't arbitrary, it's advantageous as opposed to giving up that much in transition no?

edit: thought you meant for miami.

For the defense, I'd rather the 115.

Vahagn

if have an avatar bet with someone for the finals , how does this work and how long do I wear this?

c'mon man, you can't be making avatar bets that quick just to change your avatar. That's weak-sauce

You wear mine till Free agency, and wear Syphon's till the end of the off season. That's what you said earlier.

c'mon man, you can't be making avatar bets that quick just to change your avatar. That's weak-sauce

You wear mine till Free agency, and wear Syphon's till the end of the off season. That's what you said earlier.
might have to talk to a few people lmao
could you imagine if Indy wins this series on a Born Ready coast to coast fuckball layup?

Man, the feels you'll be having
or if he goes 1/25 the last two games. that'd give me some feels for sure.

or if chicago beats miami, right?

It ALWAYS goes the Heats way, that's why people get upset. This is the first series that I can remember where the other team is actually getting favorable calls in games. Now most of the Heat fans want to complain like it's some sort of revelation that the league has shitty refs. As a matter of fact, in regards to the 06 Finals, I know a lot of Heat fans that don't acknowledge they had the extreme bias on their side from the refs, even though there's Youtube videos of phantom calls showing exactly how ridiculous the calls were.

I don't care about the 06 Finals anymore, I was just using that as example because it was a very poorly reffed series.
Two guys discussing calls is "all heat fans." You loser bros are hilarious.

THRILLH0

Banned
Lakers-age or Heat-age
Which of yall would you vote off the island?

Laker-age at least has some sense of self-awareness.

I can't believe that with all the trouble Indy are giving you that Heat fans still think they'll steamroll the fucking Spurs.

Look at the way Hibbert and West are giving you guys fits. What the fuck do you think a rejuvenated Timmy and Splitter will do to you? Who's going to stop Parker?

Forget the broom, if the Pacers push this thing to 7 I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat start underdogs in the finals.

Top Bottom