• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

This is an awesome discussion just for inspiring me to try to imagine Indiana getting off 136 possessions in a game considering that it takes them 18 seconds to pass the ball into the post. Lance Stephenson and Paul George would probably combine for 20 turnovers, lol.

and once they get it into the post hibbert is still scoring

god fuck damn it

Fjordson

Am I the only one confused as fuck by the discussion going on right now?
Lmao. I am a little bit, I admit to being a little ignorant of some of the advanced stats people are using these days.

Alright 2016 Olympic roster since I was bored at work. Coach K can thank me later:

PG: Rose / Curry / Irving
SG: Harden / YNB
SF: Durant / George (superstar status achieved by 2016 after 2013 title)
PF: Lebron / Melo / actual power forward (Bosh? Kevin Love?)
C: Howard / Hibbert / Davis

Take out one of the point guards if Paul is healthy and willing probably.

you bet me that San Antonio wouldnt win more than a single game in a Finals matchup against the Heat. Quit writin cheques yo ass cant cash.
Heat in 5 son! you can get my avatar(if you win) after the season starts biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

I might make you keep that Wade avi until the 2014 playoffs! not too late to back out bruh

If you need advance stats to know that Monte Ellis sucks, you already failed at understanding basketball.
Fuck, the whole idea that he's a good basketball player come from people who spend more time reading box scores than watching the game.

Monta Ellis would be great off the bench. the dude can flat out ball and he's a great athlete. You dont build around him tho or make him a primary option, cause then he does suck

So I was talking about the possible 2016 USA team for the Olympics with my brother, and he was saying Hibbert will start ahead of Dwight and lead them to glory. But isn't he technically Jamaican?

that team will be scary:
Curry. Irving. Durant. Harden. the Brow.
Like, just go home world. Its over before it even starts.

Listening to Van Gundy on Lebatard, its crazy how Hibbert is a different person in this series. Insane how much better he is playing. EDIT: OMG Mike Ryan on Crawford LOL. I love hearing Lebatard attacking Heat fans that are blaming the refs.

Lmao. I am a little bit, I admit to being a little ignorant of some of the advanced stats people are using these days.

Alright 2016 Olympic roster since I was bored at work. Coach K can thank me later:

You think Rose will be back by then?

You think Rose will be back by then?

8FBAnAm.png

Where's Kobe

True. But they got annihilated swept - no amount of coaching would have changed anything.

And, he said that last year after the playoffs - followed it up this year with a routine Chris Paul first round exit.

What? Switch Pop with VDN that series and Clipps win in 6, maybe 5. Pop straight bodied del negro dude. Give pops this years clippers squad and you really think they are out first round to the grizzlies? Cmon.

Vahagn

What? Switch Pop with VDN that series and Clipps win in 6, maybe 5. Pop straight bodied del negro dude. Give pops this years clippers squad and you really think they are out first round to the grizzlies? Cmon.

those were 4 straight blowouts. The Spurs were just the better team.

You know a situation where switching coaches would have led to a different result? 2011 Finals. Switch Spo and Carlisle and Heat win that in 5..

those were 4 straight blowouts. The Spurs were just the better team.

You know a situation where switching coaches would have led to a different result? 2011 Finals. Switch Spo and Carlisle and Heat win that in 5..
Yeah it was four blowouts, doesn't change what I said though. I can't tell if you're being serious or not with the 2011 shit but no, Carlisle does not unfuck Lebrons head.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
close games are on the players

blowouts are on the coach, not having their team prepared to win at all

just imo

Because a team with the Heat's big 3 plus Dwight and Melo wasn't scarier?

that team, with that exact roster gave Coach K his only loss in international ball.
the kind of ball played in FIBA competition, knock down shooters tend to wreck the most havoc.

You'd have to worry about Curry/Durant/Irving the moment they stepped across half court, especially with Fiba's shorter three point line.

I mean, this year's gold medal game, Spain played a box and 1 defense on Kevin Durant with LBJ and Kobe on the floor.

Vahagn

LeBron, West, and Stephenson were all fined for flopping.

Makes sense. They shoulda got Wade on that leap out of bounds too. I wonder if pressed in the media, Lebron is gonna deny he ever flopped. "look I know what the league said, what they fined me for, but I don't flop. That wasn't a flop, I don't flop it's not part of my game"

Maybe we can go deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole with this

I'd replace Curry with Wall. He would simply dominate games with that level of talent around him and the transition game would blow teams out of the water.

BLdqUDWCcAA5ExN.jpg:large

I want to believe.

effzee

While it might be true that Del Negro wasn't the ideal coach or a great coach, something about Chris Paul rubs me the wrong way.

You guys complain about flopping and to me there isn't any bigger example of that than him. If you find Wade embarrassing then Paul is an abomination. But now its his commercials, the supposed best PG title, and getting Vinny fired and throwing him under the bus.

EDIT:

Back to the series at hand, we have had LeBron foul out, get a technical, Wade in foul trouble, fines for flopping, and Pacers getting more free throws every game so far. Can we move on from complaining about the refs? Or will tonight be the same shit over and over every time the refs make a bad call in favor of the Heat?

I think the Heat need to come out with some urgency, play uptempo, and try to build a lead right from the start. Can't afford to lose game 5 and go to Indy down 3-2. Hell if they lose tonight, I think they lose the series.

I'd replace Curry with Wall. He would simply dominate games with that level of talent around him and the transition game would blow teams out of the water.

Wall would be terrible in fiba and in the medal rounds, teams were fouling to prevent the fast break. You need players the defense cant cheat on in the half court. players that can attract the attention of two defenders are even better. Curry can do that 30 feet from the hoop, Wall cant.

Top Bottom