• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vestal

We might get a good job and good effort.

It won't be enough.

Also someone tell Wario that when he passes from the Top of the key to Lebron on the box, and Hill flashes the double he needs to MOVE HIS ASS towards the baseline to either bring Hill back or spot up for a 3.

Wall would be terrible in fiba and in the medal rounds, teams were fouling to prevent the fast break. You need players the defense cant cheat on in the half court. players that can attract the attention of two defenders are even better. Curry can do that 30 feet from the hoop, Wall cant.

FIBA is getting closer to the NBA now. They took out the trapezoidal paint and its rectangular like the NBA now, they also spread the floor more by stretching the three point line out 2 feet to be closer to the NBA three.

It's not the perimeter based game that it was in 2008 and euro front courts are becoming better than us in regards to size. Euro strategies are going to be to camp the perimeter and force us to finish over their bigs in FIBA where physical play is easier to get away with and bigs have an advantage with the goal tending rules.

We'll see how it is in the world championship. Wall will probably by there since the coaches like to take more chances with that roster.

effzee

Also someone tell Wario that when he passes from the Top of the key to Lebron on the box, and Hill flashes the double he needs to MOVE HIS ASS towards the baseline to either bring Hill back or spot up for a 3.

Also tell all their big men that when you run the PnR, you need to roll to the rim after the screen to set up for a easy basket or maybe be in position for a rebound off a missed a jumper.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Duncan wasn't born here and played for the US. Unlike the VI, I don't think Jamaica has a basketball team...or one good enough to make the qualifying tournament.

The virgin islands are a us territory...

Emwitus

Q: Why Mike D'Antoni's system didn't worked:

- D'Antoni said on his own accord "3-Pointer takes priority over a Post-up". He said that himself to the team. But eventually the ball has to go inside some, so then of course he made the adjustments, although it was a little late for everyone's liking. But he did it, and we benefited from it going 28-12. Does his system fit everyone? That's to be determined. If a guy doesn't like to play in his system then they'll leave, if they like it, they'll stay.

Interview by former assistant coach chuck pearson

LOLs

Vahagn

One of the things that peeved me about D'Antoni this year was he started to repeatedly suggest that the reason the team got better was because the players started to check their egos at the door, there was too much jockeying to be the alpha around the locker room.

What a scapegoat pass the buck attitude. Pau doesn't have an ego because he thinks he shouldn't be primarily a 3 point shooter. Dwight isn't being super egotistical because you want to run at a pace that his unconditioned, recovering from surgery ass can't sustain by his own admission.

D'Antoni took people telling him his system doesn't fit the personnel as them having egos when in reality slowing down the pace and going in the post was the biggest help along with players getting healthy

Im rewatching LBJ in his last Finals matchup against the Spurs. Sad supporting cast, but he played like shit himself. took Kobe shots without making them. dudes probably hungry for another crack at Duncan and Parker. No excuses if he loses this time tho. Will taint his legacy if he does.

Im rewatching LBJ in his last Finals matchup against the Spurs. Sad supporting cast, but he played like shit himself. took Kobe shots without making them. dudes probably hungry for another crack at Duncan and Parker. No excuses if he loses this time tho. Will taint his legacy if he does.

He won't lose. Dude is like when Neo finally realized who he was. He's not losing this finals. And yes, he will be in the finals.

He won't lose. Dude is like when Neo finally realized who he was. He's not losing this finals. And yes, he will be in the finals.

I assume hell have a monster series, cause SA has no answer for him on the defensive end. the question is do the others step up. I dont wanna hear chest pounding about how much of a beast Chris Bosh is, that dude got outrebounded by Ray Allen the other night.

Vahagn

He played badly against Detroit in 06, Spurs in 07, Boston in 08 (except game 7, that 45 points was awesome), and Boston 2010, and of course Mavs 2011.

If LBJ averages 28/8/7 (his regular season averages) at about 47%+ he won't lose a single series that the Heat Big 3 are playing in.

When his FG% dips below 45% like it did against SA or Boston and he gets down into the low to mid 20's in scoring and the TO's get up like against Mavs...then he stands a chance of losing.

Edit: LBJ averaged 18 a game against the Mavs in 2011? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA - Chris Bosh-esque

Vahagn

He's averaging 28ppg/5apg/7rbg on 53% shooting

He's playing just a bit below his season averages but the Pacers are an offensively inept team...as long as his production doesn't plummet these next 2 (3?) games Miami should win this series.

I see tonight being one of those LBJ gonna go HAM on everyone and show why he's the best in the world type games.

Vestal

He's averaging 28ppg/5apg/7rbg on 53% shooting

He's playing just a bit below his season averages but the Pacers are an offensively inept team...as long as his production doesn't plummet these next 2 (3?) games Miami should win this series.

I see tonight being one of those LBJ gonna go HAM on everyone and show why he's the best in the world type games.

2012 Game 6 LBJ incoming.

tbh Id rather let lebron get his somewhat normal numbers tonight. I'd really like wade to go off like his 41 point game against the pacers in the last playoffs.
That Wade died awhile ago.
i think wade just needs to play with a fuck this knee mentality
Funny thing, this exact same thing was said during the pacers series last year... Then game 4 happened..
game 4 was lebron, game 5 was wade although he did have like 30 pts in game 4.

Vahagn

purely offensive productivity: Kobe or LeBron.

Lebron is much more efficient. Kobe's far more prolific. If LA needed a 40 point game, and Kobe was 28-30...you could almost put money on the fact he'd get it and usually on decent to good efficiency.

With Lebron, he's just as likely to get 25 in a big game as he is to get 45 but he's almost never not efficient.

I still think Wilt/Jordan/Kobe are the 3 most prolific scorers in the history of the league, in that order. Their # of 40 point games is leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else.

2016 Olympic roster:

PG: Westbrook / Irving / Lillard
SG: Harden / Curry
SF: LeBron / Durant / Wiggins
PF: Aldrige / Davis
C: Hibbert / Bropez

Curry playing the 2 spot and killing folks with the shortened three point line. I'm hoping other center options emerge in the next few years, but it's not like anyone beats this team as is.

Sadly, the actual roster will look like this:

PG: Rose / Westbrook / Irving
SG: Harden / Kobe Bryant's ghost / Dwyane Wade's flopping ass
SF: LeBron / Durant
PF: Davis / Griffin
C: Howard / Bosh

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Edit: LBJ averaged 18 a game against the Mavs in 2011?
I often forget how pathetic of a performance this was. I don't know what happened.

The thing is, Wade was beastmode in that finals series so all Lebron had to do was play his normal game and not suck and they could be gunning for a 3-peat right now.

Now that Wade is basically the superstar version of Mike Miller we don't know what's gonna happen. :\

I actually think the Heat lose tonight and they end up trolling haters everywhere by winning back to back in games 6 and 7 like they did against Boston ;(;(;(;(

fuck

Vahagn

I just don't understand how someone who averaged 22 ppg on 43% and went 0 for 2 in his first two Finals could be considered the greatest ever.

It's not like he was a teenager role player.

It's like people have never looked at what Jordan did to the Lakers and Suns in 91 and 92

2016 Olympic roster:

Curry playing the 2 spot and killing folks with the shortened three point line. I'm hoping other center options emerge in the next few years, but it's not like anyone beats this team as is.

You forgot Carmelo.

Emwitus

2016 Olympic roster:

Kobe isn't playing in the olympics again, Rondo will be taken over lillard, Howard will be beast mode next season with houston, kevin love? Curry's ankles will probably not allow him in the olympics? And i think carmelo is done.

EDIT: And does carmelo have a no trade clause? I would trade him right now while his value is high

Vestal

I just don't understand how someone who averaged 22 ppg on 43% and went 0 for 2 shooting in his first two Finals could be considered the greatest ever.

It's not like he was a teenager role player.

It's like people have never looked at what Jordan did to the Lakers and Suns in 91 and 92

I could give him a pass considering he took a team full of scrubs through a very bad East that year and basically the entire Spurs defense was focused on him.. He didn't have shaq or pippen to share the load with.(Samwise.gif)

Crisco

Banned
The thing about Lebron is that he's very predictable in the half court. He doesn't have the same retinue of moves that Kobe or Jordan did. He'll almost always pass it rather than take a contested jumper. Take away his clear path to the basket and he basically becomes an average jump shooter. What makes him special is his passing ability and overall court awareness, but without guys that can make shots to spread the floor for him he's rarely going to kill you all by himself.

SUPREME1

Banned
I can't even imagine the likes of Magic, Jordan, Wilt, BRussell, Kareem... or any of the games top 10 players, ever getting a fine for flopping. How humiliating.

FFS LeBron, sack up and stop being such a pussy.

6'9
260lbs
Fastest, strongest, most athletic player in the league...

Yet falls down as easy as a toddler learning to walk.

In the immortal words of Phil Jackson: "Meow"

I can't even imagine the likes of Magic, Jordan, Wilt, BRussell, Kareem... or any of the games top 10 players, ever getting a fine for flopping. How humiliating.

FFS LeBron, sack up and stop being such a pussy.

6'9
260lbs
Fastest, strongest, most athletic player in the league...

Yet falls down as easy as a toddler learning to walk.

In the immortal words of Phil Jackson: "Meow"

Blame the league.

Top Bottom