• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

MooseKing

Banned
Heat matchup outside but they don't inside. Memphis matched up (eh) inside against the Spurs but didn't matchup outside. You're missing some math there, unless you think the Heat inherently match up inside against the Spurs, in which case you must have only watched this game of the current series.

Spurs won their series by beating Memphis on the outside. The Spurs are NOT as good as the Pacers have been playing on the inside against the Heat. Duncan is old, he isn't Duncan during his first run, not even close.

Heat are one of the best perimeter defending teams in the entire league. Spurs are not. Heat are the best perimeter offensive team in the league.

So lets look at this.

Spurs are good at defending the post
Spurs are not good at defending the Perimeter
Heat are amazing at scoring on the perimeter
Heat are not good at scoring in the post.

Unless Duncan can average 30-15, Spurs are finished in 5 maybe 6. I say maybe 6 because I respect Pop, but I don't know if he can get more than one game.

Spurs won their series by beating Memphis on the outside. The Spurs are NOT as good as the Pacers have been playing on the inside against the Heat. Duncan is old, he isn't Duncan during his first run, not even close.

Heat are one of the best perimeter defending teams in the entire league. Spurs are not. Heat are the best perimeter offensive team in the league.

Unless Duncan can average 30-15, Spurs are finished in 5 maybe 6. I say maybe 6 because I respect Pop, but I don't know if he can get more than one game.

Yeah. Spurs didn't play any good perimeter teams like Golden State or anything.

rando14

The Finals are gonna be so annoying with you guys and T-Mac...

ku-medium.gif

duxstar

I like how the Spurs have

The best Power Forward of all time.
One of the Top 5 coaches of all time.
and arguably the top Point Guard in the league .....

No shot at all cause the heat have been SO good this series especially Bosh and Wade ......

Trax, I'm not sure why you think that Leonard, Manu, and Green are bad defenders when they've been awesome all year defensively and especially in the playoffs.

Parker's not good, but he'll be defending Chalmers and Cole so he can hide.

MooseKing

Banned

No shot at all cause the heat have been SO good this series especially Bosh and Wade ......

It is how they match up. It is something you understand when you have watched more than 20 basketball games in your life.

I think you just compared Golden State to the Miami Heat.

Golden States perimeter was "good" because of two players.

Heat's is good because of 6.

When did I say that? You made the blanket statement that the Spurs "aren't good" at perimeter defense. Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard are good defenders.

Vestal

If we do in fact win this game.. I hope you stick around for the finals, so we don't have to talk about it.. We can show you.

Trey

So lets look at this.

Spurs are good at defending the post
Spurs are not good at defending the Perimeter
Heat are amazing at scoring on the perimeter
Heat are not good at scoring in the post.

Spurs shot Memphis down because Memphis has a notable post game. Unless you are implicitly suggesting the Heat are as formidable in the post defensively as the Grizzlies, then your analysis breaks down even for as shallow as it currently is.

Cipherr

Damn breh. All this talk about Spurs vs Miami is premature. Its fucking halftime.

And speaking as if Miami can't beat the Spurs, or vice versa just convinces me that some of you all don't watch the regular season. That series could go either way for sure. Especially since we cannot glean shit from the 2 regular season games; except for maybe Cole being a pain in Tony Parkers ass.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wow at Hibbert's footwork on that one. What the fuck. He was completely incapable of that move just weeks ago.

Heat fans already counting out spurs. First off pop will take away what Miami does best. Secondly ask lebron how his last finals appearance went against the spurs. Thir spurs are 4-0 in the finals.

MooseKing

Banned
Spurs shot Memphis down because Memphis has a notable post game. Unless you are implicitly suggesting the Heat are as formidable in the post defensively as the Grizzlies, then your analysis breaks down even for as shallow as it currently is.

Indiana was a better team under the basket than the Spurs all year long. Hibbert and West are playing the best basketball of their entire careers in this series, and half of Miami's team hasn't shown up, and Wade is hurt.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/13/4/pts/1-1

If Miami beats the Pacers, they destroy the spurs.

Duncan is going to have to average some of his best playoff numbers ever, to top the Heat.

Damn breh. All this talk about Spurs vs Miami is premature. Its fucking halftime.

And speaking as if Miami can't beat the Spurs, or vice versa just convinces me that some of you all don't watch the regular season. That series could go either way for sure. Especially since we cannot glean shit from the 2 regular season games; except for maybe Cole being a pain in Tony Parkers ass.

The then Spurs team was not 100%, and they were missing their starters. The first game Pop tried to rebel against the schedulers and pulled their main players. The point is that neither team has truly faced off on an equal footing during the regular season, and still may not if the Wade injury starts affecting him again.

Tax line in 2015 will be $75.7 million.

Pacers could have three max contracts and be under the tax even with two or three decent role players.

CP3, you know what to do.

Top Bottom