• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I would think Vogel would learn from his mistakes last year in the playoffs, but him benching hibbert again shows how incompetent he is as a coach. How can you not realise, hey maybe if i put hibbert in, he could contest the lebron layup?
I don't know why, but I just pictured Boozer bursting into Vogel's post game press conference, and yelling out, "you idiot!." Then, he leaves, but returns to yell out "AND ONE!!!!!"

I don't hide my disdain of most rap music and 'thug life' and how it's influenced black culture in a negative way. There's positive aspects as well but I've always believed the negatives far outweighed the positives. It's sad that so many black youth think becoming educated, well-spoken, studying in school, etc., will make you an uncle tom. I was lucky to have a support system at home where this was never an issue for me. I was encouraged to do these things and ignore any outside influences. George is the kind of athlete I'd have had as a role model.
tumblr_mh72lvJmHd1qla51eo1_400.png

hi

By the way, did anyone just see LeBron's response there when asked about Hibbert being out? "Nah I wasn't worried about if Hibbert was in or out"... and he said it in a non-chalant and slightly arrogant way.

Wool

I don't hide my disdain of most rap music and 'thug life' and how it's influenced black culture in a negative way. There's positive aspects as well but I've always believed the negatives far outweighed the positives. It's sad that so many black youth think becoming educated, well-spoken, studying in school, etc., will make you an uncle tom. I was lucky to have a support system at home where this was never an issue for me. I was encouraged to do these things and ignore any outside influences. George is the kind of athlete I'd have had as a role model.

As much as I hate the Heat, Chris Bosh is a pretty swell guy too. He did computer programming when he was in school, and he always seems pretty humble and well spoken.

As much as I hate the Heat, Chris Bosh is a pretty swell guy too. He did computer programming when he was in school, and he always seems pretty humble and well spoken.

Every press conf I've seen of Bosh has given me a positive impression of him. He's another one of those type of guys, certainly humble.

I get that. I guess I'm just forever tainted by that Sunhi GIF.

And Chris Bosh is a V:

V-tv-show-abc-21.jpg

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 30 minutes ago
Vogel said he grabbed Paul after game and told him to forget that last play. Paul then grabbed Vogel & told him to not to forget last play.
I am just loving Vecsey right now. If I had Twitter I'd follow him in a second.

By the way, did anyone just see LeBron's response there when asked about Hibbert being out? "Nah I wasn't worried about if Hibbert was in or out"... and he said it in a non-chalant and slightly arrogant way.
He's also wearing a ring. You gonna say that means he's guaranteeing a ring this year too?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Lebron is always arrogant. Why would you expect any different of him, especially immediately after his game winning basket?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

First mistake kids shouldn't look up to athlete's as role models. You say you don't like hip hop when hip hop isn't the problem. The problem is Society tells these kids to look up to genetic lottery winners and if not them people who can rhyme words with the gift of gab and outrageous personalities .

If you wanna help the kids go learn a trade, start a business, give them kids parents a good job with fair pay then they can look up to the real rolemodels who affect kids the most ... Their parents...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

How many people at his level are not arrogant?

DominoKid

you cant plea cop your way out of this so stop trying.

First mistake kids shouldn't look up to athlete's as role models. You say you don't like hip hop when hip hop isn't the problem. The problem is Society tells these kids to look up to genetic lottery winners and if not them people who can rhyme words with the gift of gab and outrageous personalities .

If you wanna help the kids go learn a trade, start a business, give them kids parents a good job with fair pay then they can look up to the real rolemodels who affect kids the most ... Their parents...

I didn't say he would be my only role model as a kid. In fact, I implied my parents were role models as well when alluding to the positive support system I had growing up. Becoming an athlete at that level takes an incredible amount of hard work and determination, which are of course really admirable traits to help guide a kid. Your parents would be your core, and then maybe an athlete, a music star, a teacher, these types of role models would supplement that core. If I ever have any kids, that's how they'll be. I won't let them listen to most rap music, wear jeans down to their thighs, and act thuggish in general, no matter the peer pressure. You gotta instill this in them at an early age, that it's ok to better yourself in those ways and doesn't make you 'less cool'.

you cant plea cop your way out of this so stop trying.
Out of what, exactly?

DominoKid

I didn't say he would be my only role model as a kid. In fact, I implied my parents were role models as well when alluding to the positive support system I had growing up. Becoming an athlete at that level takes an incredible amount of hard work and determination, which are of course really admirable traits to help guide a kid. Your parents would be your core, and then maybe an athlete, a music star, a teacher, these types of role models would supplement that core. If I ever have any kids, that's how they'll be. I won't let them listen to most rap music, wear jeans down to their thighs, and act thuggish in general, no matter the peer pressure. You gotta instill this in them at an early age, that it's ok to better yourself in those ways and doesn't make you 'less cool'.

Out of what, exactly?

out of that backwards ass thinking.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
George seems like a great dude, I'm loving this press conf. He's not a d-bag, not overly thug, just a nice well-rounded, well-spoken, articulate black athlete. Gives me hope.

lol gives you hope for what?

ISOM

Out of what, exactly?

I agree with everything you said.

You know, Justin Bieber wears his jeans around his knees...dude is a hardcore thug and I refuse to stand idly by while he corrupts the kids.

Pimpwerx

Because clearly he would have been guarding him on the perimeter and not protecting the rim...

No, but if he was camping in the paint, then Bosh is open for a jumper. Little known fact, Bosh is our most-clutch shooter the last few seasons. I think Vogel actually played the percentages there, because Bron hasn't hit as many game winners as Bosh. Hindsight is 20/20, and everyone is now playing the second-guessing game, whereas Vogel coached the rest of the game very well. PEACE.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No, but if he was camping in the paint, then Bosh is open for a jumper. Little known fact, Bosh is our most-clutch shooter the last few seasons. I think Vogel actually played the percentages there, because Bron hasn't hit as many game winners as Bosh. Hindsight is 20/20, and everyone is now playing the second-guessing game, whereas Vogel coached the rest of the game very well. PEACE.

Yeah because a wideopen layup is good percentages

Doomsayer

Damn, all things considered that was a great game. The fucking officiating was pretty poor (both ways) but it was extremely exciting from start to finish. I hope the series continues like this.

Indy shouldn't be upset, disappointed sure, but they showed the Heat they aren't going to screw around. Series is probably over in six, though.

Oh, shut the fuck up heavy.

I can't stand the "well-spoken" comment. What the fuck does that even mean?

Pimpwerx

Yeah because a wideopen layup is good percentages

That was arguably the worst PG defended Bron in iso all game. Most of the game, Bron was using screens to wipe PG off him. I think if you play the percentages there, you expect PG to force him to the help, or send him to the line. He simply overplayed it to push Bron to his left, a Lebron took that slight opening to drive by him. Sometimes, shit happens. If Bosh drains a wide-open look because Hibbert is camping, everyone roasts Frank for keeping him in there. It's one of those plays where Vogel could only really be right if his team gets the stop IMO. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

@patmuldowney
"Oh my god, Michael Jordan did it again!" - Everyone in 1998
"LeBron won the game? Fire the other coach!" - Everyone in 2013
Pretty much how I feel. I heard people bitch about both coached tonight, and I think both did a fantastic job. I'm just glad we came away with the win. G'night. PEACE.

Damn, all things considered that was a great game. The fucking officiating was pretty poor (both ways) but it was extremely exciting from start to finish. I hope the series continues like this.

Indy shouldn't be upset, disappointed sure, but they showed the Heat they aren't going to screw around. Series is probably over in six, though.

Oh, shut the fuck up heavy.

I can't stand the "well-spoken" comment. What the fuck does that even mean?

You know what it means, dood.

Top Bottom