• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

LOL @ Vogel with his Pringles type coaching at the end..smh

Also Gaf need a recap on Reggie's response/facial reaction at the end. I was listening to it on radio and it was heat basketball radio.

I missed the game cause of work, but Ima watch it tomorrow morning. Looking at the box score tho, I see Miami only made 5 threes for the whole game. Is Indiana staying home on Miami's shooters and refusing to double?

Vire

I missed the game cause of work, but Ima watch it tomorrow morning. Looking at the box score tho, I see Miami only made 5 threes for the whole game. Is Indiana staying home on Miami's shooters and refusing to double?

Shane and Ray just missed a lot of open shots.

Them the breaks. *shrug*

I almost wish Rashard Lewis would get some playing time, but I understand it's a little late to start messing with the lineups.

BK7GQSECIAAqsAu.jpg:large

masud

Banned
2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Knick fans desert thirsty >> 2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

I'm pissed I missed the thread naming...

Oh and did yall discuss how LeBron clearly traveled? Because he clearly traveled.

GamerSoul

I'm late as heck but damn that was an amazing game. Pacers played hard till the end. And that play Spo drew up was perfect for Lebron. So good.

Feep

Banned
ITT: Casual Miami Heat fans being easily trolled. Welcome to NBA GAF...stay awhile, and listen.
I drop by from time to time. People in here are too intense, man. = D

Oh and did yall discuss how LeBron clearly traveled? Because he clearly traveled.
I'm not saying he didn't, but under the strict definition of the rules, it's likely over half of all NBA players travel at least once per game. If the NBA is ever going to start calling this stuff consistently, it's going to need to be a campaign.

Vogel chose wrong but it was a sound coaching choice. He chose to defend the jumper. Considering the time left it wasn't a bad choice. If Paul didn't overplay the pass he'd be in front of James. James would've had to take a jumper or try to flop for a foul.

Vogel was trusting his defense would be enough to force a rushed shot on the perimeter. In retrospect Sam Young should have been more aggressive in contesting James layup. The Pacers may have been told no fouls but better to force refs to blow the whistle than to settle for an L.

Personally I feel Hibbert should just pay the PR game. Everyone will speak up for you, no need for you to speak up and douse the issue with more fuel. It just creates conflict when everyone should be united.

Lol, Vogel and his fuckball logic. Why on earth would you bench the best rim protector in the playoffs in the closeout moments of a game. this is one of the many why I refuse to root for Indiana, even tho theyre the obvious underdog. fuckball is as ugly and bizarre as its strategy and tactics

Vestal

Vogel chose wrong but it was a sound coaching choice. He chose to defend the jumper. Considering the time left it wasn't a bad choice. If Paul didn't overplay the pass he'd be in front of James. James would've had to take a jumper or try to flop for a foul.

Vogel was trusting his defense would be enough to force a rushed shot on the perimeter. In retrospect Sam Young should have been more aggressive in contesting James layup. The Pacers may have been told no fouls but better to force refs to blow the whistle than to settle for an L.

Personally I feel Hibbert should just pay the PR game. Everyone will speak up for you, no need for you to speak up and douse the issue with more fuel. It just creates conflict when everyone should be united.

My problem with the choice is, that he took out the center piece of his Defense out of the game. Not to mention that he already saw what happened when he took Hibbert out of the game the previous Miami Offensive possession. It wasn't uncharted territory, it had just happened a few minutes ago.

You can live getting beat by a contested jumper, you can't live with giving the best player on the Planet and arguably the best finisher at the rim an open paint area with no shot blocking in the game at all.

Plain and simple, Vogel went up against Spo and in the most important possession Spo stuck to his guns and Vogel blinked.

PBY

Banned
Missed most of the game due to work, watching some highlights on YouTube and man... Fuckball is ugly.

Fuckin Knix.

Vestal

So was it explained why Hibbert was on the bench at the end of the game? Van Grundy said it, LeBron's eyes lit up.

Vogel said that he basically was trying to match up, wanted to avoid giving Bosh an "open" jumper. I prefer someone taking a semi contested 15 foot jumper to win the game than leave the lane wide open like that.

fertygo

Man but seriously Paul George awesome as fuck last night.. remind me a lot to Pippen (which far better before someone point that to me)
Shame Indy dropping the ball last night.

What the fuck even if Hibbert only there to guard the inbound, that layup won't happen.

Pimpwerx

But as you can see by my Rony Seikaly avatar I’ve been pulling for the Heat since day one. I’m just trying to be impartial. Dude moved both his feet, in large strides, well before the ball left his hands.

No, he didn't travel.

It's been 20+ years now since the NBA kinda changed their traveling rules. Your steps do not count until after you gather. Slow it down and watch. He gathers on his right. First step is the left, second step is the right, then layup. That is a clean, NBA play.

In Game6 against the Bulls, pay attention to that Cole dunk on Noah. Cole has been studying Wade's moves, because he deployed Wade's "rainbow crossover." Wade (and other elite slashers) use the gather loophole in the rules to circumvent traveling. If you watch Cole on the play, you'll see the secret is when you complete the gather. By bringing the ball up over the head on the last dribble, you're technically not gathering until you get the ball over your head, because it can just be considered the natural trajectory of the ball (hard dribble). So y the time you gather it up high, you've snuck another step in, which Wade normally uses to eurostep his opponent. Cole did something similar with it that let him sneak by Boozer and get the angle to dunk it by Noah.

That last, high-dribble is the key to that move, and it's only legal because of the grey area of the gather. So yeah, Bron didn't gather until he was on his right foot, so the left is what the NBA usually sees as his first step. People who say Bron constantly travel just don't understand the way the rule is called in the pros. This is how it's called for everyone. PEACE.

Fatalah

Vogel of id that he basically was trying to match up, wanted to avoid giving Bosh an "open" jumper. I prefer someone taking a semi contested 15 foot jumper to win the game than leave the lane wide open like that.

We saw the repercussions of Hibbert sitting on the previous play! Dope move Vogel!

Protip: Stop getting salty about an injured team that isn't maximizing their cap not being able to beat the group of pussy ass ring chasers that are the Heat.

The Pacers won't win, but I'm loving their future right now. Paul George is such a great defender and he's got some Wade in him in how he changes directions and breaks double teams.

I don't think I can watch any more of this series though. Not because the Pacers can't win, but because watching point guard play that is this bad is just destroying my soul. George Hill is just an absolute master of dribbling out the shot clock and being completely unable to make an entry pass that isn't West or Hibbert having their defender literally under the basket. It's just really really hard to watch that sort of shit sandwhich.

And D.J...holy fuck that kid is terribad.

its just like I said--these guys have been trending towards being shit from three these entire playoffs and that wasn't going to just stop being the case against the Indiana D.

And also like I said if they just let the Pacers play its going to be interesting.

I think the Pacers are going to get swept though. Without pointguard play they can't take advantage of their size advantage on offense. They played about as well they can play without replacing Hill and DJ.

Their turnovers and lack of scoring are directly attributed to not having a fascilitator and that can only change in the off-season.

Pacers were never good enough to scare Miami, it was just nice to believe for a while.

I really don't care who wins between SAS and MIA. I wish Mem would make it and win it all but their offense is too clunky.

Top Bottom