• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Really early on in the game there were a few plays where Lebron and Wade cut to the basket at the same time. I believe we scored each time. Can someone explain to me why we aren't doing that all game long?

Its been the same every year since Vogel got their and shit on Granger.

Every up and coming team learns to love their team but you're the only team in the league where fans learn to hate. Its like they're surprised that they're surprised at how backwards their own team is. The year before last when Granger was turned into a spot up shooter, last year when they made beating a crippled Orlando team look like the Thrilla in Manilla, this year when they tried playing like an actual basketball team versus Atlanta and utterly collapsing on themselves. Once they see enough basketball games with real teams doing things that make sense, they grow to hate what they have in Indiana - that's why the players there were bitching about playing 'away games' on their homecourt during the playoffs last year. Nobody wants to see Hibbert in the high post or West being forcefed after being ignored all game or George Hill trying to pretend to be a starting point guard.

True Pacers fans are the biggest masochists in the league. They're worse than Browns fans. At least Browns fans have the benefit of seeing a bad team. Pacers fans are hung up on trying to find out why their team appears to be good when they know it shouldn't be.

The Granger-spot-up-shooter thing was due to O'Brien's offense. That was during the years when we lived and died by the three and no one showed up to our games.

I am a bit annoyed that we don't use Hibbert or West more, but if we're winning; who give a shit? If we don't make progress a year, I'll probably get upset, but I'm fine with the way things are going.

Don't forget, we've had some years with Manning were we've made absolutely no progress year-to-year. Hell, we lost against the Chargers' back-up quarterback one year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Really early on in the game there were a few plays where Lebron and Wade cut to the basket at the same time. I believe we scored each time. Can someone explain to me why we aren't doing that all game long?

Because you're playing Indiana and it never should've worked in the first place.

That kind of shit creates a vacuum... I saw what you were talking about it too. It wasn't a play - it was a read. Just so happened that they both read the same thing at the same time and cut. Its a terrible thing in a normal situation, cutting to the basket at the same time with your two best slashers, but against the Pacers it just means lolz
The Granger-spot-up-shooter thing was due to O'Brien's offense. That was during the years when we lived and died by the three and no one showed up to our games.

I am a bit annoyed that we don't use Hibbert or West more, but if we're winning; who give a shit? If we don't make progress a year, I'll probably get upset, but I'm fine with the way things are going.

Don't forget, we've had some years with Manning were we've made absolutely no progress year-to-year. Hell, we lost against the Charger's back-up quarterback one year.
the bolded will lead to you throwing your remote across the room

Miami would get bodied the fuck up playing those goon squad teams from the 90s and early 2000s with good scoring bigs. and shane battier wouldve been punched square in the jaw back then for the bullshit he pulls today

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Miami would get bodied the fuck up playing those goon squad teams from the 90s and early 2000s with good scoring bigs. and shane battier wouldve been punched square in the jaw back then for the bullshit he pulls today

y do this again

Vahagn

So, Shaq-Kobe Lakers beat James-Wade Miami and still get that three peat? I agree lol

giri

actually, what pacer fans should be most worried about. And what will really define this era, is when hibbert picks up his first serious injury. Cause thats when the window has closed.

Because you're playing Indiana and it never should've worked in the first place.

That kind of shit creates a vacuum... I saw what you were talking about it too. It wasn't a play - it was a read. Just so happened that they both read the same thing at the same time and cut. Its a terrible thing in a normal situation, cutting to the basket at the same time with your two best slashers, but against the Pacers it just means lolz

the bolded will lead to you throwing your remote across the room

Interesting. Even if your two slashers are Lebron and Wade. I never understood it. I always thought when they got together the offensive plays would have both of them running off each other instead most of the time one stands in the corner.

actually, what pacer fans should be most worried about. And what will really define this era, is when hibbert picks up his first serious injury. Cause thats when the window has closed.

Well, of course that's true, but we don't want to talk about that. That's what fucked us over with Johnathan Bender and Jermaine O'Neal's contracts.

That's why I go to my happy place every time Hibbert is on the ground for longer than a few seconds.

774262507.gif

Requoted for NASTY

Fjordson

I get that people are gonna throw some elbows in a playoff series, but that seems so blatant and random...at least wait until you're fighting for a rebound or something.

giri

What the fuck. I missed this during the game, is there some sort of missing context here? He just randomly jumped in the air and elbowed Stephenson in the head??

Happened shortly after a non-call. No excuse, Wade is a disgrace.

basically

it really messed setphesnon up too.

bull shit foul that wade should cop a suspension for. i would say in the regular season 4 - 5 games. so in the post season 1 -2.

but it shouldn't be tolerated.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Did you miss when Wade literally kicked an opposing player in the nuts than ran to a ref saying he was the one who got fouled? lol

LBJ runs up to a ref damn near every time he gets a foul called on him - which isn't often.

I don't want Indiana to win any of these games. But lets be real, Wade and LBJ have refs baking cookies for them. You'll see it before game 4.

So you can't post an example of wade/LBJ doing the same thing turk did to get ejected.

Just like I thought.

but it shouldn't be tolerated.

You don't get to throw your girlfriend down a flight of stairs, and then stomp on her head and then bitch about cheap shots during a basketball game.

If wade had hit Hill/George/West/Hibbert/Young/Green etc etc I'd be with you.

Shaq ok, that would ve tough. Blazers, come on now.

Threepeat era Shaq would probably average 45-50 in a series against this Heat team as long as he didn't get in foul trouble.

That said if there was even a single player in the league who was half of 01 Shaq I'm sure the Heat would have targeted at least one Low Post Defender for the bench to at least slow shit down a tiny bit.

Nope. The Heat will win it all. Too fast, too good

theyre fast on D like you said, but no team is faster than good ball movement and the only team theyve played thus far that had that was CHI, who could barely put 5 healthy men on the floor. they benefit hugely from the lack of elite PGs out east, how many teams have they had to face in the last few years had guards who could make the correct pass out of their p&r traps? Boston, CHI and...nobody else.

it was more of a "move, bitch, get out the way" move in the heat of the battle as he is trying to chase someone down, not the dirty stuff the people here are whining about as usual

Top Bottom