• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vahagn

Indiana gonna win. Hibbert missed half the second quarter using the bathroom, Paul George done nothing, and everyone on Miami is burning hot. Second half should regress to the mean for both sides.

Cloudy

Banned
I would put West on LeBron and back the hell off him. PG needs to be scoring and play-making instead of getting gassed trying to defend LeBron

Indiana gonna win. Hibbert missed half the second quarter using the bathroom, Paul George done nothing, and everyone on Miami is burning hot. Second half should regress to the mean for both sides.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaahha.

naw they lost this one,they have a game like this here and there. i've seen it all bro.

Pacers don't know what to do with Lebron. Nearly every point is coming because he's on the floor

Only chance is to play him mostly 1 on 1 and make him score 50 and shut out everyone else not named bosh.

If you try to slow down lebron you just open up the game for everyone else and bron will still get his points.

Pimpwerx

Respect to Stat on that post. Nice prediction.

I really don't like the fact that we let them shoot 50%, and only turned them over 5 times. However, we did shoot 63% and only turned it over once. Crank up the defensive pressure next half, please. PEACE.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
blpgt_mccaa9r39rnytr.jpg

Yeesh! All those buckets in the paint is still a fixable issue for the Pacers.

Cloudy

Banned
Only chance is to play him mostly 1 on 1 and make him score 50 and shut out everyone else not named bosh.

If you try to slow down lebron you just open up the game for everyone else and bron will still get his points.

You can't be giving him easy backdown layups though. George CANNOT check him down low

Everyone on fire. One turnover all half. PG with 4 points. You of all people should understand how regressing to the mean works.

You obviously don't know what that means. Even if both sides do "regress to the mean," that doesn't negate the current 14 point lead.

Pimpwerx

Spurs are gonna miss S-Jax in the finals. They have NO ONE to guard LeBron. Leonard is just not strong enough

What year is this? SJax has done a little less than zero to stop Lebron the last two seasons. I believe Lebron's regularly put him in the dirt when they've played. PEACE.

Vahagn

Miami is a top 3 offense. Indy is a shit offense and has 56 points.

Tell me, which regression is more likely and more severe?

Indiana is getting home cooking calls. That's their offense, that and the pace. They don't need to score 60 points in the second half because Miami will have 7-8 TO's and people will miss shots. It's a 14 point game and Miami had a franchise record first half. You think franchise records are gonna continue?

We'll see what happens second half

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What year is this? SJax has done a little less than zero to stop Lebron the last two seasons. I believe Lebron's regularly put him in the dirt when they've played. PEACE.

Yeah, the last time JAX could do anything at all with LBJ was at least 3 years ago - and even then it was in spurts and with a lot of help.

Cloudy

Banned
I feel the Pacers are overrated defensively. They ugly up the game with their fuckball but aside from Hibbert, who is a great defensive stopper on this team?

Vahagn

You obviously don't know what that means. Even if both sides do "regress to the mean," that doesn't negate the current 14 point lead.

Indiana is close to the mean dude. Their extra 8-10 points this half are due to an extra 10 FT attempts due to home cooking. Miami is setting FRANCHISE ALL TIME records in the first half. Every part EXCEPT Lebron is way way way above the Miami mean this series.

1 TO? UD/Bosh/Birdman all pretty much perfect? Lol

DY_nasty

I feel the Pacers are overrated defensively. They ugly up the game with their fuckball but aside from Hibbert, who is the great defensive stopper on this team?

Paul George, George Hill

But they're really not THAT good of a defensive team because they're not consistent at all. Their pace, ridiculous ideas, and fouling make them look like one though.

Indiana is getting home cooking calls. That's their offense, that and the pace. They don't need to score 60 points in the second half because Miami will have 7-8 TO's and people will miss shots. It's a 14 point game and Miami had a franchise record first half. You think franchise records are gonna continue?

Miami wins if they score 35 next half. Maybe just 30.

How much you willing to bet Miami scores under 35?

jman2050

Vahagn neither has a cursory understanding of the Gambler's Fallacy nor does not actually know what Regression to the Mean actually means.

Pimpwerx

Heat defense has to step it up. I believe Spo ripped 'em a new one at halftime for that. Giving up 56 points on 50% efficiency is terrible. Our second halves have been good this postseason. I hope they come out looking to maintain the movement on offense while playing smarter on defense.

Indy is probably gonna go at Bosh to start the half. He has 3 fouls (again) and they'll want to get him off the floor. Hopefully he can defend without fouling. He got a couple iffy calls in that half, but he has to be smarter given the situation. PEACE.

Vestal

Paul George, George Hill

But they're really not THAT good of a defensive team because they're not consistent at all. Their pace, ridiculous ideas, and fouling make them look like one though.

they can defend the 3 better than anyone. But that ain't helping right now

Indiana is close to the mean dude. Their extra 8-10 points this half are due to an extra 10 FT attempts due to home cooking. Miami is setting FRANCHISE ALL TIME records in the first half. Every part EXCEPT Lebron is way way way above the Miami mean this series.

I think you missed my point entirely. Even if both sides play precisely to the mean next half, Miami would still win. 14 point lead, and what have you.

the only anomaly is haslem and the 1 turnover, Burdman hasn't missed a shot since the chicago series, and his being spoonfed. Bosh is shooting around his average.

the Heat defense hasn't even been good tonight.

DY_nasty

they can defend the 3 better than anyone. But that ain't helping right now

Miami doesn't rely on threes when they're still in swagmode. It means nothing when everything comes from LBJ obliterating whatever you try from the inside out.

Top Bottom