• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: 2013 StarGAF Open

Ketch

Ok cool, it'll be fixed in the final version.

I just need to confirm the time with everyone and then I'll go ahead and post it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The fact Im not in the championship match makes this tournament a farce. A farce.

I need to have a 2ndary custom tag to go along with my custom tag.

Ketch

Just heard from Shake, that date/time doesn't work for him, so unfortunately we're gonna have to push it back.

He is available starting next Tuesday night and every night there after from 7pm pacific on ward.

What does your schedule look like EJ? Can you do a weeknight later next week after 7PM pacific?

Also, anyone want to volunteer to be dedicated obs? I was hoping maybe either Corran or Staydead, since either of you are probably the most experienced players besides the finalists who are still active in the community thread.

profit

Also, anyone want to volunteer to be dedicated obs? I was hoping maybe either Corran or Staydead, since either of you are probably the most experienced players besides the finalists who are still active in the community thread.
I'm voting for Hazaro!

Just heard from Shake, that date/time doesn't work for him, so unfortunately we're gonna have to push it back.

He is available starting next Tuesday night and every night there after from 7pm pacific on ward.

What does your schedule look like EJ? Can you do a weeknight later next week after 7PM pacific?

Yeah Tuesday is fine, just give me an exact time.

Ketch

I think that at least with game heart, you can lock your view to someone else's camera.

I'm gonna have to do done experimenting with stuff.

But @corran, if Hazaro does the streaming while just locking his cam to your view, would you be up for dedicated obs?

Otherwise I'll start practicing.

Game won't take place until at least next Tuesday, currently waiting on sonic to return from vacation later this week to hopefully nail down the exact time.

I will continue to update here as I figure more shit out.

Ketch

waiting for xmShake, think he was on vay cay forthe 4th last i heard he is available weekdays after 7pm pacific, but that doesnt work good for our casters... so maybe we go next weekend.

ill send out another round of pms in a bit.... just woke up over here

sonix on vacation, not shake.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
waiting for xmShake, think he was on vay cay forthe 4th last i heard he is available weekdays after 7pm pacific, but that doesnt work good for our casters... so maybe we go next weekend.

ill send out another round of pms in a bit.... just woke up over here

sonix on vacation, not shake.
Next weekend I'll be out of town (with my computer) so hopefully it's ok. Might have a ton of background noise.
I'm back home now so I can stream if needed.
What's your stream quality like?

Son1x

Next weekend I'll be out of town (with my computer) so hopefully it's ok. Might have a ton of background noise.

What's your stream quality like?

I think I might be able to do 1080p 30fps, but only on low-mid settings.

But my PC is still kinda crappy, so it would be better if you stream, as you said you can do 1080p, right?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think I might be able to do 1080p 30fps, but only on low-mid settings.

But my PC is still kinda crappy, so it would be better if you stream, as you said you can do 1080p, right?
Yeah I should be able to push a High 1080p @ 30FPS, or 720p at 60FPS at 3-4kbps.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
But @corran, if Hazaro does the streaming while just locking his cam to your view, would you be up for dedicated obs?

At least in the past, (not sure about how game heart does it) following cam for obs has been kinda bad.

If Im around Ill do it but I work alot now.

Ketch

Well Hazaro is going to stream so it shouldn't be a problem

Yea, but we want you to co-host! GAF casting duo would be amazing! Hope we can make it work....
If you don't want to do it, no biggie, just PM me and I'll make up an excuse for you =)

I'm getting the artosis nerd chills. This has been a long time in the making (who's running this shit anyway?), and I'm super excited to see who wins.

I hope you two have been practicing because my nerd boner must be satiated.

Hazaro: Do you have a URL for where people can tune in at? I'll add it to the OP I've got ginned up.

7PM EDT (Daylight savings remember) is 1am CEST.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yea, but we want you to co-host! GAF casting duo would be amazing! Hope we can make it work....
If you don't want to do it, no biggie, just PM me and I'll make up an excuse for you =)

I'm getting the artosis nerd chills. This has been a long time in the making (who's running this shit anyway?), and I'm super excited to see who wins.

I hope you two have been practicing because my nerd boner must be satiated.

Hazaro: Do you have a URL for where people can tune in at? I'll add it to the OP I've got ginned up.

7PM EDT (Daylight savings remember) is 1am CEST.
Any contact should be done via PM, don't count on me seeing this thread every 12 hours.

You haven't set a date yet (I thought it was going to be last week or soon), and I'll be out of the state with a computer that is not mine (But still excellent), and at a LAN (PDX, Don't think I can stream from a 500 man LAN) and possibly saving another tournament from exploding so I can't guarantee anything this weekend, although I will try to make it work. If I do stream the production will be pretty barebones FWIW which isn't what I wanted.

Not trying to be a dick, but I've been recently handling more tournies and I need to know what is going on.

Ketch

PM Sent

So I think we are going with 14 July 7PM EST.

Waiting on confirmation from casters before I put up the OT, but if they can't do it then we're still just gonna press. People can still come and watch in game and maybe Shake and EJ can both stream from their own perspectives.... just would be no casting.

Ketch

Welp, looks like both of the casters are probably not going to be available. There's a possibility Hazaro will still be able to make it, but Son1x is going to be away from home.

I want to post the OT but I don't know what to put (if anything) for the "Watch it live here:" section.

Do you guys (EJ and Shake) want to provide links to your own streams and then people can at least watch from POV and then also spectate from in the game if they own it? and then I can always edit in Hazaro's stream info if he's available to cast at a later date.

Ketch

Oh man triple post.

I think I've got enough info to post the OT tonight.

If worse comes to worse and we can't live cast it, I'll do my best effort to get with either Hazaro, son1x, or both to at least cast from replay.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom